Author Topic: btay - tastes like parkour (HIpk)  (Read 68554 times)

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
Re: btay - tastes like parkour
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »
Steve and Dave gave me the same numbers. I trust their answers. I still don't fully understand it. I haven't gotten that far in the physics tutorials, yet.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 10:54:47 AM »
Operating sound for a Genentech lung cancer meeting at MOW. I was stretching the whole time, trying to stay awake. Kras mutations, Avastin, Tarceva, people dying in tests... If I understood what was going on, I might find it more interesting. Internet helps a little.

On my way out, I had to drop keys off at Security. A semi was backing up. I jumped up on a cart, to the next, etc. till I got to Security. Officer said, "I saw you leaping and bounding..." with a smile, so that was really cool.

I did a few sets of pullups in the stairwells, trees, awning things... Quite a lot of squats.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:33 PM »
Biked to work. Rode to MOW. Endured another cancer drug meeting - Exelixis. They wanted me in early, so I didn't get lunch until 4pm. Rode to work. Biked home. Go KC. Short run - underbar and a couple vaults to Walmart and jogged back. I could have done a lot more, but I felt exhausted.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »
Biked to work. 14.5 hours, well planned so I got a LOT done. It felt good to not go to a second job. Biked home. 20 squats, 20 pushups [feet on tub], a couple pullups but it wasn't happening.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2007, 10:35:55 AM »
 >:( Oh well... it's just another obstacle to overcome... yet another obstacle to overcome.
Emotionally drained. No energy.

"The rules have changed."

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »
Knuckle pushups: Right hand is ok on plastic/ tile. Left hand still wants a little cushioning. Many sets of 10.
Front kick. Height is still good, but form is off a little. Power's low. Other kicks are pathetic.
Dips: sets of 7 on an aluminum walker. I thought that was pretty funny.
Pullups: sets of 7 into trees.

Mental: Wasted 8 hours or so feeling angry, hurt, and vengeful. I've already forgiven. I've already paid the price. It seems that sometimes forgiveness is also a process.

Kong practice at KC onto mats, then onto stage risers. One time a couple dancers were up there, and I blew the vault, landing precisely on my shins. Some of the vaults were done in a black pinstripe suit coat and top hat.

Did my impression of Donny Osmond's dance in Weird Al's White and Nerdy video. It wasn't over the top enough...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 03:18:10 PM »
I'm still struggling. Sigh.
Eternal Riders is having a clothing design contest. $100 of clothes = prize.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:25:29 PM by Gregg [btay] Lamse »

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 10:21:04 AM »
It feels like they're trying to see how badly they can insult and humiliate me.

Lot of kong practice on mats last night, going for distance. It was too funny to be pathetic. I was not getting the butt height, so it was more like diving onto the mats. Flop around. Woo hoo. I'm having fun, and not getting hurt. It's a good distraction.

Knuckles want a little padding, so it's back to the carpet.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »
We're all living in an American Daze...

Not any more. The show is over. The set is struck. Back to the world of Completeness, the viper, and the king of Coriander. "I am fluid. I am in control."

Life is quite silly. It's a tragic farce. A brutal documentary. So much of it is meaningless... "Vanity of vanities". We spend so much of our time chasing things that don't matter. We work days and years for things that will only rust, decay, get lost, stolen or broken.

One of the Brazilians was walking around with his videocamera. I had a mouth full of dried tropical fruit, so I just half-smiled and gave him a shaka... My Portuguese is non-existant, but I understood "Audiovisuals and Le Parkour."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 02:31:02 PM by Gregg [btay] Lamse »

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
All the adrenaline of the past week wore off. I was slow and draggy, and not feeling too well. Interrupted sleep didn't help, either.

Walked the beach up to Vancouver monument, then jogged out of city limits. Climbed around on a fallen kiawe tree. 8' wall climb, barefoot. There were sharp poles of cut bamboo, like punji sticks, on the other side, [plus the road], so I didn't go over. Did some pull ups, sit ups and dips at one of the canoe club places - dips were hard: there was an outboard motor clamped onto one side of the bars.

On the way back, I went down the old wharf. I've seen kids playing on the pillars out in the water, but I've never done it. There were a bunch of turtles swimming around. I watched them for a while. Crabs crawled along the spray zone. The water visibility was real low... only about 2 or 3 feet. I slowly waded out to one pillar. Very uneven footing on seaweed covered rock. The climb up was amazingly easy. The winds were strong and gusty, so it was a bit of a challenge to stand on top. The pillars are too far from each other to precision. Also, the tops are very uneven jagged concrete with old crusty rusty metal. It would be a beautiful sunset photo, tho...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2007, 12:14:47 PM »
Walked toe-heel around Makawao. It's easy in slippers. Went for sushi. They had some very nice Eddie Flotte watercolors on the wall. Walked through a couple galleries. We were going to go to the beach, but that didn't happen.

Ran to Jamba, MWW and back. Underbar, dodge le traffique, jumped a couple planters, a totally useless waste of momentum cat leap. Oh. I guess that means I was free running :)

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2007, 11:14:26 AM »
Monday: Hit the pool after watching Dogen's "H2O" tricking video. [Can something that's only text really be a video? Isn't it just a Word doc with a soundtrack?] Had problem with the explosive squats, a good problem: the shorts I was wearing were baggy 34", and I'm down to 32" waist. Fell off when I tried to jump up fast.

Barefoot toe-heel walk/ run about 47 minutes. Started 1 minute each to warm up, then increased run to 2, then 3. 21 minutes to hit the wharf. It felt pretty good; a lot less pounding than normal heel-toe running. Towards the end, the balls of my feet were getting sore. Sand in the cuts on my toe. Did some climbing around on rocks at the end. Foot cramps. Splashed around in the water a little. Is it like the first time in 3 years I've worn a watch?

Tuesday: Some of Dogen's "Titanium Ankles" exercises. Some little vaults and underbars at Wal-Mart.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2007, 05:41:42 PM »
Fairly light strikes on concrete: shuto x 70, tetui x 70 each hand. L was sloppy.
Knife lunge/ blocking routine - both sides.
Dogen ankle exercises: esp the calf and shin raises to burn... x3
Capoeira wrist stretches, but at my sides, till I got bored.
Chest press: low weight, low reps, basically to failure. Pathetic.
Dogen H2O: Tread water, tread no hands, probably 100 exploding squats. I did 10 ea side exploding pistols. It's easier in water :) Worked on stretching out hip muscles. [Exaggerated frog kick/ whip kick]. Side and hook kicks were thigh level. Handstands, fingertip handstands, explosive handstand pushups, walking on my hands in waist-high water. Capoeira bridge, on the steps so I could almost breathe. Needs lots of work. Sit ups - feet under ladder, extend back till I touched bottom a few times...
5 dead hang pullups [started on 6th]
Handstand 20 sec, heels touching wall.

Seems like there was more. I feel tired, but happy.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2007, 02:35:54 PM »
Goals:
Run barefoot - Vancouver monument to Maalaea and back... toe-heel? [currently to city limits & back]
10 deadhang pull-ups [did 6 today]
10 muscle ups
1 dhmu
1 hspu [30 sec hs but heels on wall]

Video basic vaults - check/ improve my form. It seems dumb to only do conditioning, and not practice PK. Yes, it's important to get in good condition. I'm working on it... whatever...

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 11:04:32 AM »
What a blast! I walk/jogged to the beach - spent 45-60 minutes climbing over, under, between and through some downed kiawe trees. Very carefully. Kiawe branches have long sharp thorns. I did not go fast. I did no jumps, only a couple small vaults, and only one drop. It was mostly qm, rock climbing moves, etc.

Tread water & no hands, 1 minute each. Ocean was pushing me S and toward shore.

After, started to climb the landing at PWF. Did a bunch of monkeys over one of the railings, and another 6 dhpu...

In Hawaiian: monkey = keko, cat = popoki... it gets messy fast.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2007, 10:00:17 AM »
Biking + some small random stretches.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2007, 06:56:44 PM »
Fell asleep on concrete floor. Woke up stiff. Did some stretching but still uncomfortable. A few rolls on concrete - felt lousy.

Lots of Cat the Stairs and Cat Ups. A few SDCs [monkeys]; butt's still too low. Took my shoes off. More Cat Ups. Right arm was getting sore. "This is my last one". Clipped my toe, spun me around, but I didn't fall.

Down to the pool. Like 10 exploding squats, 4 x 10 exploding pistols each side, 4 x 5 exploding HSPU, tread water, 15 minutes float aimlessly on an inflatable raft, dive onto inflatable, 30 more squats, capoeira bridge, front handsprings, lots of somersaults, kicks 10 each side: Side, hook, roundhouse and front.

Worn out but still tried DHPU. Only got 4.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2007, 07:19:27 PM »
Because M2  was whining "Nobody's log says 'Did WOD'"...

WOD: Tabata squats: [20 sec amap squats, 10 sec rest x8] I don't wear a watch, but I had a metronome going at 120 BPM. 20, 20, 20, 19, 14, 8, 20, 14. It was hard to count both the clicks and the squats, which is why I stuck to 20 as much as possible. Right knee was starting to fatigue.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007, 10:42:47 AM »
Saturday: Did a bit more pre-monkey stuff - large reflective doors, so I was able to see if I was getting my butt high enough. Yeah, it was way up there. Looked pretty funny. Went for a walk on the beach at night.

Sunday: Sore. Did a tiny cat crawl, jumped up on a couple other things. Went to the beach. Paddleball. Ran through waist - chest high water with my wife on my back for 15 minutes, or so. Felt really strong. Could see it in my swimming, too. Tread water. Explosive squats x 15.

Offline Gregg HIPK

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Methode Naturelle
    • View Profile
    • HIPK fb group
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 10:46:31 AM »
Looked at the WOD and said, "Blargh!" Did a partial ROM HSPU, and the down part of the next. Didn't really do any PK stuff. R wrist and elbow are sore. 4 DHPU.

Helped put out a fire in the Dumpstertm last night when I got home.