Author Topic: savant resoles  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
savant resoles
« on: June 07, 2007, 07:25:47 PM »
Hey, (I'm assuming that Jason is the only one who can answer this)... Do you know where to go if I'm looking for resoles for the Savants? I went to the site, and there's a bunch of resoles, but none give anything exact! Should I just find a store that can help me? Or is there a link to something that can explain this to me?

I don't need to resole them yet (surprisingly, the soles are in AMAZING shape still), but I just want to know in advance.
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline Warpigs330

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: savant resoles
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 04:52:59 AM »
I'm pretty sure the savant isn't resoleable. I could be worng but I think I'm right

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 06:52:45 PM »
umm, Jason said that it was. Actually, I'm pretty sure that all 5.10s can be resoled... I'm just wondering how.
GENERATION 8: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment...

Offline Jason Todrick

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Freerunner Mag
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 10:59:49 AM »
To my knowledge I never said the Savant was resolable.

By design it is not.

the "IQ" tread pattern/outsole on the savant is specific and molded, creating problems for resoling.

it might be possible to get it resoled by a professional resoler with a different tread pattern(maybe the Dotty pattern used on the Guide)

the Guide Tennie is resolable as are all of our climbing shoes.
Formerly: Jason@FiveTen

Not all who wander are lost...

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 05:00:23 PM »
I got a few results when I searched for savant resoles, maybe there are people out making them now... that's understandable though, I'll have to look into the guide tread then

Offline Jason Todrick

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Freerunner Mag
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 03:53:43 PM »
good luck, let me know how it turns out...

we are considering doing it in house for one of our sponsored freerunners... to get the grip benefits of the guide with the fit/cushion/shape of the savant...

i'll let you know how it turns out if we do it.
Formerly: Jason@FiveTen

Not all who wander are lost...

Offline Nicolas Finn

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 05:34:16 PM »
please do! I love the savants, and I thought they were completely resolable, so I'd like to get this done for them, since I can't really afford 85 so often