Author Topic: Punch Front Vs Split Step Vs Webster: Which is easier  (Read 1005 times)

Offline AssasainDude911

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Punch Front Vs Split Step Vs Webster: Which is easier
« on: October 20, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »
Hey Guys

So I'm trying to learn how to do a front flip and I cant quite get it so I thought I would ask which is the easiest version of it to learn. I'm not 100% sure what a split step is but I heard they might be easier than regular

Thanks

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
Re: Punch Front Vs Split Step Vs Webster: Which is easier
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:49:05 PM »
Depends on what you're comfortable with. I learned how to punch front first, but I train websters a lot more now because they're more my style. I'd say each has its use, because I wouldn't plyo plyo webster or split step front, it'd be a lot easier to plyo plyo punch front.
I'd say there are 3 kinds of frontflips:
Punch (basic, two feet together takeoff and landing)
Split step (a bit different, safer on concrete, but not usable in ALL situations. Imagine you're jumping onto a small concrete wall and want to immediately front flip off. You couldn't split step that.)
Webster (in my opinion, a lot harder to learn, but so much easier to use once you have it. A lot more fluid and smooth, feels better, lands better, you can webster off of one leg out of strides and stuff once you get good enough)

What I'll tell you is this: Punch front is the easier to learn and still useful, but it might not be your style. But it might be your style. Split step is also easy to learn and is useful, but you can't use it in as many situations as webster and punch front. Webster is a bit harder to learn but really really worth it. It's a really fun movement and can look super cool once you get reaaalllly good at it. I haven't gotten all that great, but I can webster off of one foot after striding and stuff.

(Learn all of them)
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.