Author Topic: Can I be too skinny to do a parkour roll on hard surfaces?  (Read 914 times)

Offline NathanFransen

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Can I be too skinny to do a parkour roll on hard surfaces?
« on: June 02, 2016, 08:03:05 AM »
Hello, recently I have been practicing my parkour roll. I am 6 ft and weigh about 130 pounds, which is very light. I have quite a bit of bones sticking out on my back, and this is a major problem when I try to roll on hard surfaces. I keep practicing, but after every session I get bruises.

When I try my roll on a hard surfaces, you would hear about 10 "slams" of my bones hitting the ground all throughout it, and almost my whole back, shoulder, and hip gets hurt. It's just hard for me to even imagine avoiding all of these bones.

Can I be too skinny for parkour rolls on hard surfaces? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
Re: Can I be too skinny to do a parkour roll on hard surfaces?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 04:37:01 AM »
You could post a video of you rolling and I could critique it if you have questions on your form. However if you are bruising yourself when you roll on hard surfaces then I recommend that you stop. Keep your rolls to grass and soft surfaces only. You can still work on technique on soft surfaces as well.

I would also consider doing exercises like pull ups, certain push ups and core exercises to better strengthen your back so when you do finally progress to hard surfaces your body will have muscle and protection over the bones so that you can role without hurting yourself. :D
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads