Author Topic: Alvendam's journal  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
Alvendam's journal
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
I finally started taking action about my body condition, so I decided I should make some attempt to keep track of my work. I hope this will help me with my training and probably I could get sme tips and criticism.  :)

My current stats are:
Height: 180cm
Weight: 75 kilos
Broad jump lenght (as measured in school: from jumping line to heels): 280cm.
Standing precision jump lenght: Easily doing 280cm. Somewhat consistently 290cm and struggling to move it to 300cm.
Maximum push ups: around 40
Maximum pistol squats: 5
Maximum pul ups: 10

My goals
In two months from now be able to:
  • Bench press a barbell of unknown weight. A friend estimated it at at least 70 kilos.
  • Broad jump 2.9 meters, measured from the starting line to heels.

In a month from now be able to:
  • Be able to easily perform a clean muscle up.
  • learn a bar kip.
  • Move the numbers of the max reps of my push ups, pistol squats and pull ups by at least ten for every one.

My training consists of daily bar work of varying intensity, depending on soreness and energy left from the previous day. Pull ups, muscle up attempts (and some times succeeding) and kip training. Also weighted feet exercises with two concrete blocks of unknown weight. Squats, pistol squats and calf raises. Also I include a number of push ups variations, depending on mood and energy levels.

Well that's it for now. I'm not entirely sure how to keep a journal, but I hope I can figure it out.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
Re: Alvendam's journal
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 10:55:12 AM »
Today I did:
  • A few sets of weighted squats with the block behind my head.
  • A few sets of front rasies.
  • A few sets of pull ups.
  • Some kip training.
  • A few sets of weighted calf raises
  • Precision jump drilling

No parkour practice, outside of the precision jumps and a couple of handsprings.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:04:26 PM »
Today I got dilating eyedrops, wich made my blood pressure drop drastically and I was dizzy and tired all day. So almost no training today.
Also almost unable to read, so no proofreading of this post :/
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »
It was cold, so I had to train more to stay warm. Did multiple sets of the excersises, mentioned in my first reply. I may do more later, but for now I'm too tired.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »
I have the worst leg soreness from yesterday. Gonna stretch hard at home.
Anyway, today I did a lot of arms exercises. Weights until I could hardly lift my arms. :D
Also I have progress. I am now able to consistently do a muscle up. Not the cleanest one, but a lot better than before.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 01:05:22 PM »
Today the weather was good, and I did some bar work and weights. Also some push ups at home. The rest was parkour training. I tried a few old challenges, that I wasn't able to do, when they were set and managed to do them. The first one was a kong precision to a round piece of concrete, wich was very hard for me before, but today I reached it with no struggle. The second one was about distance from a kong. The spot is basically a run up, a wall, a ledge and the street after that. The ledge I believe is at around two meters from the wall and the concrete circle sits on it. So the challenge was to kong and land on the street. I managed to reach a distance, far greater than all of my previous attempts. The third challenge was a very uncomfortable climb up from cat, on a very low wall (lower than the middle of my chest). I struggled a little, but managed to do it far easier than before.

I'm calling it a good day. :)
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 01:35:58 PM »
Not only I feel bad, that I didn't train for five days, but I have a journal to remind me of that. Sadly the weather here, is aweful and allowed only for indoors exercise, wich is... Well, it's really boring. But today was warm and I did parkour. A little bar work, but mostly parkour. It's gonna take me a week to get my coordination to a normal level. I'm almost unable to do a front flip and completely unable to webster. :-[ I decided to work on my vaults today, because I need to remember how to move my body. I finally managed to do a proper aerial. On my wrong side, but still it's a proper aerial and I'm happy with that.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »
More parkour today. I've never been doing better kongs. My front flipping awareness is still non existent and I tried a few B-Twists. Nope. I'm almost landing sides, though. No new skills learnt today, but my vaults are back at their previous levels, if not better.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 03:18:47 PM »
Today (19th) I finally did a double kong. A legit, good form, correct double kong. I finally did it! It's been a long time, but I managed to learn this. There are some old kong challanges, that I have not yet complefed, so I'll focus my training on them. It's about time.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 04:37:52 AM »
Yesterday, I did some strenght training and a little parkour. Sadly I'm out of the game for a couple of days, because I sprained my ankle and got a few bruises, from a webster from height. I overflipped it, as I usually do and didn't roll out of it properly.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 12:50:52 AM »
A month has passed, I'm still very badly hurt and haven't met my goals... Dumb me...
The only thing I moved the numbers of up are pistol squats. I now can do ten in a row.
Anyway, I got a great idea from the new farang article. I started making to do lists, with what I have to do during the day.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 11:17:02 PM »
A little late, but I am now able to comfortably do muscle ups. Sadly the barbell I wrote about in the first post turned out to be too short for me, or my friends to bench press. I don't know who made that, but he added a lighter, longer barbell to his bench.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 08:20:48 AM »
A little late, but I am now able to comfortably do muscle ups.
I also just got my muscle ups down! (Can I even say that? Up then down?) :P
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads