Author Topic: Help with top out/muscle up!  (Read 899 times)

Offline NostalgiaPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Help with top out/muscle up!
« on: February 20, 2016, 09:32:26 AM »
So basically iv been reading about all the conditioning to help with top outs - dips pull ups etc - but when i come to actually trying the technique my foot always seems to slip down the wall. I've only started training for the top out for a week now and its probably not gonna come soon strength wise, but i really wanna learn the full technique before I gain the strength for it. I know i probably need to push away from the wall more but that just puts me in a position in which I'm barely still on the wall anymore.
Thanks in advance  ;D ;D

Offline Saptaparno

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Help with top out/muscle up!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 09:43:12 AM »
So i've been having this problem too,& after experimenting with diff. Techniques, I've found that keeping both of the legs at different heights (rather then both of them at the same height) helps. Once you do that ,you have to drive ur lower foot upwards as high as you can while pulling in with your arms at the same time. Dont bend your arms! Keep them as straight as you can.U really need to push ur hips upwards as high as you can. The arm pulling motion will help you bring your chest on top of the wall. After that you can easily get on top of the wall. And if you are slipping on the wall,u might want to change ur shoes as ur current shoes grip might be worn out. Hope it helps.

Offline B_Rogers

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 02:08:43 PM »
The problem I run into is pulling myself up with enough momentum to get past that sticky spot where my arms transition from pull to push... I weigh 185, so it's gotta be momentum as opposed to strength...

Offline NostalgiaPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 05:04:49 AM »
Ah OK thanks, I think the problem may actually be my shoes because I'm never able to keep my arms straight without my foot slipping. I'll try to keep the staggered foot thing in mind.