Author Topic: Railgun's Training Log  (Read 12415 times)

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • "Do traceurs dream of vaulting sheep?"
    • View Profile
Re: Railgun's Training Log
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2016, 07:09:53 PM »
I have a headache and feel it is not worth it to work out tonight.

Total: 1629 cal.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2016, 08:12:09 PM »
Did wrist conditioning and my stretches, but that is about it. I really do not know how much I ate today, but I do not think I went over 1800 calories. Have my last final tomorrow and then I just need to finish a project for school. Then I will be on summer break. I hope my foot heals by the start of next semester. Since I can not train or be active my summer is going to be me working to kill time. It is easy to lose track of my goal when I can not do much... Not much to do other than keep trying though.

Also 32oz of water left to drink tonight.

Running low on motivation right now, routine is what is keeping me going.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 08:29:45 PM »
Quick Entry

Ate about 1750 cal., forgot to do wrist conditioning, finished my final project so I am free from homework till next semester. Got hit with a face full of perspective, starting tomorrow I plan on updating fully again. Still forgetting to finish the gallon of water a day.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
I lied last post, anyway it is 11 at night and I want to go to bed so... ate 1800 cal., and some more stuff that I will elaborate tomorrow.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »
So I decided to start using crutches to walk around to help my foot heal. It is something I should have done sooner but I cannot change the past. I have not been doing wrist or arm conditioning because I want to give my body some time to adjust to walking on the crutches . I also need to keep up stretching my leg because I am no longer putting a lot of weight on it. I have lost like 65 pounds so far so none of my clothes fit me anymore, but that is why belts exist. After I lose these last 20 or so pounds I am going to have to buy all new clothes which is going to cost a bit. Totally worth it though.

Breakfast
>Breakfast Burrito: 707
>BANANA!: 110
Lunch
>Quinoa Salad: 280
Dinner
>Pizza: 600
>Crackers: 120

Total: 1817 cal.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 09:40:44 PM »
It has been 9 days since my last entry, though it feels like it has been a month.

I have almost gotten used to walking on crutches, my arms are still sore but nothing I can do about that. I have been icing my foot almost everyday so hopefully that keeps any inflammation down. I have been sleeping too much lately, I need to get back on a consistent schedule again. I had about two days where I was too lazy to make any food so I ate poorly, but the rest I stuck to the limit of 1800 cal. I have finally reached 160 pounds, I still feel fat but at least I am making progress; 20-25 more pounds to go. As soon as my foot is healed I am going to start swimming heavily. I figure it is the best way for me to get in shape after losing all this weight so that I can train my whole body and keep myself from injuring it by trying too much at once. I am also going to pay for a conditioning trainer once a week to help with my spine injury when I start swimming. Parkour is the one thing in my life that I am certain I want to do, so I am going to do it even if it takes me another year before I can start the basics again.

Breakfast
>Oatmeal with Prunes: 280
>Greek Yogurt with Blackberries: 210
Lunch
>Veggie Burger: 200
>Mixed Veggies: 120
>Guacamole and Chips: 240
>Cheese Curds: 110
Dinner
>Peanut Butter on Celery: 215
>Milk: 120
>Crackers: 120

Total: 1615 cal. (I am certain I am forgetting something I ate but I can't remember what it was)

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2016, 08:50:12 PM »
I know what I am doing, I am avoiding my journal because I have been slacking off.

It has been 7 days since my last entry. 6 days ago my toe injury got way worse. I might of hit it I do not remember, but it got red and swelled up. I have been using crutches because I am no longer comfortable walking on it. I am going to keep using crutches until it heals all the way. That means I am going to have to do stretching and mobility stuff to counteract the effects using crutches for the next 2 or 3 months (that's me being optimistic).

I have been slacking on my diet which is weird as I am finally under 160 pounds for the first time in 4 years. You would think reaching that milestone would have made me want to work harder at it. Starting tomorrow morning I am going to.

I slacked off today on my diet using the excuse that my teeth hurt too much from my braces (which is true).

Breakfast
>Protein Shake: 160
>Naked Smoothie: 190
Lunch
>2 Cliff Bars: 500
>Cheese Stick: 70
Snack
>Cliff Bar: 250
Dinner
>Pizza: 560
>Cliff Bar: 250

Total: 2050 cal. (I am ashamed of eating so poorly)

As a side not, update your guys's journals or if you do not have one make one. Even if you post something simple like "did workout" or typing out why you didn't do something. I find that I am more motivated to update mine when I can read other peoples progress or what they are doing. Technically I am being selfish but with me being injured and in "parkour purgatory" [someone break out the trademark] it is nice to read about other peoples progress.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2016, 08:18:48 PM »
Another day of icing and stretching.

Also do yourselves a favor and check out this guys channel, he has some awesome artistic parkour videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd-hWjvLfDVUns-QC7FIvJw

Breakfast
>Eggs: 140
>Oatmeal with Fruit: 280
>Greek Yogurt and Blackberries: 180
>Supplements: 65
Lunch
>Chicken and Avocado Burrito: 443
Dinner
>Pizza: 600

Total 1778 cal.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2016, 09:57:54 PM »
Icing and stretching

Breakfast
>Oatmeal: 180
Lunch
>Pizza: 200
Dinner
>Chicken Casadia: ????

Total: ???? cal. (Ate dinner at a restaurant so I do not know how many calories I ate)

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 09:20:27 PM »
Doc said 2 more months left before my injury is healed up. All that I can do now is eat right, sleep well, and wait. I am going to experiment with some prehab work tomorrow to see what I can do during the down time.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
I decided this morning that since my foot should be healed in two months I am going to lose 20 pounds in that time period. More concretely my goal is to weigh 138.6 pounds on 7/28/2016. Starting from today weighing 155.6 pounds (scale is off, so actually around 153) and losing 3 pounds per week it should be possible. The reason 138.6 pounds sounds reasonable is because of my various injuries I have been unable to work out for the past year and a half. I just do not have that much muscle to drive my weight up. And lets be reasonable, if 10 pounds in I find that I shouldn't lose more weight I will stop.

I am going to have to be creative though because I am still injured meaning it is hard to actually work out to burn calories. Should be fun. Because of the nature of weight fluctuating I will only be reporting how much I weigh on here at the start of each week, I have an excel sheet I have been using for the days in between. As an example on 9/7/2015 I weighed 179.2 pounds, so it took me 9 months to lose the last 25. I truly believe that if I make a targeted effort I can lose 20 pounds in the next 2 months.

All that being said, that means I have to find a way to burn an extra 900 calories per day to keep up with that. Meaning 9 hours of sleep, standing at my desk, and moving around while not aggravating my injury while it heals. I do not think it is going to be simple, but I will make it work.

Breakfast
>Toast: 160
>Prunes: 100
>Cheese: 70
Snack
>Dark Chocolate with Nuts: 220
Dinner
>Molasses Bread with butter: 250
>Chicken, Bacon, and Avocado Sandwich: 910

Total 1850 cal. (today was hectic and my father took me and my brothers out to dinner so I did not eat as optimally as I could of)

Start of Week 1 Weight: 155.6

Side note: I have no surviving progress pictures of my weight loss for the 65 pounds I lost (this is because whenever I got frustrated with my progress I would delete them as I could not tell the difference... all I saw was fat me), so I am going to be taking a picture a day for the remaining 20 or so pounds and combining all of them into a short video when I finish losing weight. Something to show myself the progress I made.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »
I want to go to bed so short entry.

Total 1732 cal.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2016, 10:06:23 PM »
40 minutes of stretching

Total 1780 cal.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:31 PM »
Got home late so did not get everything done today that I should of.

So I was four ounces over my target weight for today, but honestly that seems really good. I was stuck at 154.8 for a few days but it worked out. Subtracting water weight and stuff I think I am there, but just in case.
153.0/152.6 -> Goal for next week still 149.6 lbs

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2016, 09:39:58 PM »
I need to start my stretching earlier, past two nights I have stopped because it had gotten too late.

Any way, I have decided to try to get my little brother interested in parkour. I figure he will be a lot happier in his life if I can get him to take charge of his own health as I am seeing in him the same mistakes I made when I was younger... he is always eating junk food and is gaining weight. In other words he has become chubby and I am going to need a work out buddy when I heal up. Anyone got an extra health potion?

Total: 1843 cal.

Side Note: None of my clothes fit me anymore and I look terrible in them. I am happy to have this problem. :P

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2016, 09:25:40 PM »
I've taken up learning the board game "Go" to take my mind off of not being able to train, so hopefully that helps keep me sane. I am planning on helping my brother build his strengthening and conditioning routine tomorrow, should be interesting.

3 Jefferson Curls (Unloaded)
40 Min. of Stretching

Breakfast
>Greek Yogurt: 130
>Prunes: 100
>Vitamins: 50
Lunch
>Shrimp, Mixed Veggies, and Rice: 350
Dinner
>Steak: 314
>Guacamole: 100
>Chips and Hummus:205

Total 1619 cal. (Way over ate yesterday, so being 171 cal under is ok for today)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:35:48 PM by Railgun »

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2016, 07:35:11 PM »
Been a couple days since my last post. My brother just finished up his first week of parkour training and conditioning; he has a ways to go, but he is having fun and making progress. That is all I want out of him. We were doing landing drills today and just from jumping around and showing him how to do things my back is hurting. It's a reminder that after my foot heals I still have a ways to go before I can confidently do the basics of parkour.

My weight loss got side tracked because I was not paying attention to my diet. I have since fixed that mistake and am on my way to continue losing weight. The schedule for my little brothers training is conditioning Mon/Wed/Fri and parkour Tues/Thurs/Sat with a rest day on Sunday. I am getting a small workout walking him through the exercises and techniques which will hopefully help me with losing weight. I am going to have to dial my involvement back a bit though because I agitated my injuries teaching him. The tendon in my arm is going to take longer to heal now, just have to take more hot baths and be mindful of it.

Breakfast
>Eggs: 210
>Blueberries: 68
>Peanut-butter Toast: 270
Lunch
>Peach: 47
>Salad: 71
>Vitamins: 60
Dinner
>Chicken and Avocado Burrito: 571
>Crackers: 33

Total 1800 cal.

It was a lazy day, but tomorrow is going to be a lot of cleaning the house.  :'(

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2016, 08:59:14 PM »
Breakfast
>Bacon: 120
>Blueberries: 68
Lunch
>Peach: 47
>Salad: 112
>Vitamins: 60
Snack:
>Crackers: 140
>Hummes: 150
Dinner
>Pork Tenderloin: 447
>Mixed Veggies: 120
>Crackers: 65

Total 1799 cal.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »
Got really off track the past two weeks, I think what did it was my horrible sleep schedule. Going to wake up no matter what at 5:00am tomorrow. Also just 27 days until my injury should be healed. I think I am going to play Jet Set Radio Future tomorrow to help kill time.

Offline Railgun

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2016, 06:20:41 PM »
All I did today was eat healthy. My back was hurting too much for me to want to try stretching and light prehab. Hopefully I feel well enough tomorrow to do it. 26 days till my injury is healed.

Total 1802 cal. (do not feel like typing out what I ate today)