Author Topic: I can do this... ~Feel free to offer suggestion or Criticism!~  (Read 803 times)

Offline lejon679

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
It's great to be back on the APK forums, and I'm ready to get back into it! I had to take a two month long hiatus, and after a month of training I'm back to where I was and working on Kong vaults and wall runs. As a SitRep for anyone reading, I can, with proficiency, do pk rolls on soft surfaces (working on building technique for confidence on harder ones), step vaults, side vaults, lazy vaults, speed vaults and muscle ups to my chin (I'm  6'2", if that helps). I'm currently working on cat hangs (fingers aren't strong enough for long periods of time), and as previously mentioned, Kong vaults and wall runs. When I try wall runs I get to the wall, push off, but then can't get my arms to push myself up, although on grippier walls I can do it a little bit better. My friends who are better than me say I need to jump higher so that could also be a problem. As for Kong vaults, I think I'm just not bringing my feet up high enough, although another problem I have is not being able to push my feet very far past my hands. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated, and bear in my mind I don't have a background in sports. Thanks for reading!

Offline lejon679

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: I can do this... ~Feel free to offer suggestion or Criticism!~
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »
And ten hours later and after my last day of work, I suppose I have an update. About 2 hours ago, I left my house, did some stretches, and then hit a local elementary school. I found a wall that was 12 feet high, and failed pretty much any attempt at it. Then I found another wall, about 4 feet tall, and got pretty good at finding out where to place my foot without it falling. After that I found some sheds and practiced on them. They were about 8-9 feet tall, and after working with foot placement, it became easy, although I could quite get the top, I was close. Then I climbed a fence for the first time in my life, to get to some bars in a fenced in area. I closed the gate, and concluded whenever possible, I would climb into fenced in areas. My question is this-how long would you consider a productive session to be. I don't really have anything to compare it to end so lately I've only been training for about an hour but is that enough? Thanks for reading