Author Topic: What music do you listen to while doing parkour?  (Read 2109 times)

Offline DNy39

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
What music do you listen to while doing parkour?
« on: July 28, 2015, 06:43:15 AM »
I need to make another playlist because my old one is getting pretty repetitive and boring. So far, my music is FMA: Brotherhood opening 1, Raising spirit from Naruto, Radioactive by Imagine dragons, Nothing Left to Say/Rocks medley by Imagine Dragons, Gives you Hell by American Rejects, and Amsterdam by Imagine Dragons. Does anyone have any good songs for my new playlist?

Offline Jan-Su

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: What music do you listen to while doing parkour?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »
Interesting selections. I know a few of these, but never imagined they could be parkour sounding. I'll have to look into the others.

I don't really listen to music while actually training, but occasionally might listen to something before I head out to train to try to set the mood. Here are some of the songs I have overall used the most in the past as part of my own parkour playlist(s).

-----

The Rafters, by Moby (can be heard as the ending theme to the documentary, Sharkwater, by biologist and underwater filmmaker Rob Stewart. Sounds like a good song for the summer time in general, as well.)

Pompeii, by Bastille

Extreme Ways, also by Moby (can be heard as the ending theme of the Jason Bourne films. These sound good to flow to, in my opinion. The Identity/Supremacy version sounds lighter, while the Ultimatum version seems a little more explosive.)

I'mma Shine, from the dance movie, Step Up (I recommend the instrumental version; the vocals just drown out much of the music)

300 Violin Orchestra, by Jorge Quintero

Journey through the Victory, by Instrumental Core

this orchestral remix of the Eight Melodies from Mother/Earthbound Zero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgDqGrcblA

-----

The following songs may not exactly be directly parkour sounding, but I felt they sort of spoke to me and my early history in my training, and in some ways, I can still relate to them today. I hope songs like these might also touch those of you traceurs out there who might be going through tough times, be it parkour-related or not.

When Your Feet Don't Touch the Ground, from the new Broadway musical, Finding Neverland (I suggest the version sung by cast members Matthew Morrison and Aidan Gemme)

You'll Be In My Heart, by Phil Collins (heard in the Disney animated film, Tarzan)

All You Need is Love, by The Beatles (I recommend the Blackberry cover.)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:51:43 AM by Jan-Su »

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 08:15:39 AM »
I listen to chillstep/melodic dubstep. Blackmill, Glitch Mob. Visit MrSuicideSheep's channel on youtube
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
I can vouch for MrSuicideSheep. I don't always listen to music when doing parkour, but when I do, it's from Sheepy's channel.
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline Gurkour

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 11:53:27 AM »
Interesting topic,
if I ever purchase a small mp3 player to attach to my clothing I will check those out!

As you can think now, I dont listen while training since I dont want my phone to fall out of my pocket - and I don't like the extra weight at one side  :-X
When I am driving to my spots, I am hearing a more type of chilling music to relax, but at home when training strenght I can recommend you more agressive songs - my favorite at the moment is "Kink Kong" by DeStorm (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1ivtlySe4).

Have fun!
Gurkour
Jump
Fly
Repeat
My first POV Parkour run, chek it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1ivtlySe4

Offline DNy39

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »
Awesome!!! Thanks for the input! I will definitely check them out!

Offline Ancer1973

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 09:53:13 AM »
American parkour forum is really interesting and amazing website and you can also get some material through which you can take a lot of advantage. Here you will find material by many writers about what music they listen to while doing parkour and you can buy custom essay to gain more info. So go through whole article and make others also aware.

Offline adobre

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 10:54:06 PM »
Mostly songs from Imagine Dragons, Linkin Park, Queen, Bon Jovi... any song which make to want to run. Some trendy EDM songs I like. You can find all the Instagram account of celebrities and music artists oon pictame