Author Topic: Training Log COMMENTS AND CRITICS WELCOME  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Training Log COMMENTS AND CRITICS WELCOME
« on: May 25, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
So I decided why not log my training? I might want to look back on it years from now, and it could help others in my situation :)
So i am adding extra info :D

Stats:

Height: 6'4 or so
Weight: above 300 but I can still move really good for my weight
Grade: 8th in this log

Workout
Bike riding
Ran around at a picnic a lot
I managed 1 and a half pushup's considering a few days ago I couldn't do a quarter of one, and I am around 100 pounds over weight, this is awesome, Hopefully I can get to 50 pushups :)
150 squats

Training
Practiced my parkour roll

Goals
50 pushups in a short time period
Have rolls in muscle memory
Have flips in muscle memory
Get to the right weight for my height and age
At least 200 situps in a row (I can do around 40-50 right now)
I will add to this as time goes on :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:28:33 PM by Magmaman101 »
Age 14 Height 6'4 Weight 100 or so overweight BUT losing it
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Training Log
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:56:31 AM »
Log 2
Stats:

Workout
- 60 half pushups, this is where I put my knees on the ground and use my hands to pushup half of my body, doing these until I can do pushup's more easily
- Rode my bike
- 30 regular sit ups
- 60 elevated sit ups

Training
Almost completely got the ground roll down!
Instead of going up steps one at a time I am going up two at a time, then eventually 3 then 4 and so on as high as I can go, to get rid of fear of jumping on stuff not vaults or anything, but this should help with those too! and I am working on fluidly jumping up them which should help too :D

Goals
MAJOR GOAL: get people to do parkour with eventually..
Remove junk food and sugary drinks from my diet completely
lower my appetite (its to big right now I mean really, I didn't drink much sugary drinks today and I am feeling hungry when I just ate not long ago oh well I guess my body has to adjust)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:36:11 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Training Log
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »
Log 3
BTW @Sebastian I read your training log and found out about the cold shower, researched it myself, starting that too, sense all of the benefits I found for it :P
Stats:

Workout
- 90 half pushups, this is where I put my knees on the ground and use my hands to pushup half of my body, doing these until I can do pushup's more easily
- almost 2 full regular pushups
- 60 elevated sit ups
- 150 squats going for 150 throughout the day, I do these almost daily with 4 sets of 30 throughout the day

Training
Some parkour roll attempts, well uhh seems my shoulder is hurting a bit, going to try and give it some reset  yeah hit it a few times on accident before, and now even if I only hit the meat on the back it still hurts slightly probably a bruise, might as well let it rest for a few days!
Still going up two stairs each time I go up any stairs, forget sometimes but most of the time not got better at it, I can go up them without any use of hands but it is harder without hands a lot harder :P hoping to get this in muscle memory for jumps up some things. and if I ever do parkour race's/free running races I will be able to go faster up things like stairs then some others :)
Also working on overcoming the hesitation when jumping down things (and by things I mean 2-4 stairs lol yeah gotta get rid of that hesitation!

Also I done like three precision things, but not very far at all, like 3-4 feets, needless to say I hit them all mostly, going to start actually training that soon :)

Goals
Remove junk food and sugary drinks from my diet completely
lower my appetite (its to big right now I mean really, I didn't drink much sugary drinks today and I am feeling hungry when I just ate not long ago oh well I guess my body has to adjust)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:00:04 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Training Log COMMENTS AND CRITICS WELCOME
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 02:18:35 PM »
BTW comments and critics are welcome!
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 10:11:55 AM »
Log 4
Stats:

Workout
- 90 half pushups
- 150 squats through the day

Training
I done some of the stair training I have been doing.
I done a few parkour rolls, my shoulder still hurts slightly and I still can't do the roll 100% correctly, mainly because I am sitting on the ground or squatting low, yeah my body doesn't agree to that, I might have to try only slightly squatting positions on soft material.
I also done a few precisions, seems mine is already good just not the best
I tried to see how far I can jump, I used my feet to measure 7 feet (my feet are big, size 14 shoes so) and I could make it with two feet squatitng down then jumping.

Goals
Remove junk food and sugary drinks from my diet completely and fast food if possible

Other
I still am drinking a little bit of iced tea (its not to sugary it just has 21 carb's per cup of it so)
but I ain't drinking as much as before 1-2 glass's compared to like 7 yeah there's a difference, oh yeah btw my appetite has increase sense I stopped drinking it, didn't realize how much energy my body was using it for :/ like come on what would have made me full before only fulls me up like half way, but oh well I am not changing how much I eat.. Yet... and I had a few chips but no where near as much as I would eat before (like 1-2 bowl fulls compared to like a handful or so, yeah there's a difference... much difference... but yeah  I usually don't eat chips even beforehand so.. its easy to lower the amount I eat.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:46:56 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Lifeofparkour69

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »
Looks like your making great progress which is great to read!! Really encouraging for me! Thanks for being honest and being willing to share what you're doing!

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:53:50 PM »
well glad to be encouraging someone  xD
Honestly at first I wasn't going to be so honest about some stuff, but yeah I need to get rid of caring what others think, xD for some reason it was so bad before I cared what people on the internet thought... o.o

Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 07:22:48 AM »
Not caring about what people on the internet think is an important life skill. Especially when it's anonymous there's no reason to care.

That being said I'd like to give you some advice. You seem sincere and I think you've got what it takes. Your current workout routine isn't really going to do too much for you though. Check out this link http://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/training_guide and read everything there. And I mean thoroughly. It might take you a while to get through all the information and you may need to read it again a few times. Read the links, too. It will tell you pretty much everything you need to know about getting started exercising and the basics of diet and weight loss.

I don't mean this as an attack on you, but you need to be honest with yourself. You're 300 pounds with a BMI of 36.5. A BMI of around 18-25 is considered healthy, and over 30 is obese. You say you're 300 pounds but move well for your size. Adding that modifier (for my size) does you no good. You should want to move well for anyone, not just for someone who is overweight. You can't move as well as possible, you aren't in as good health as possible, and you're more likely to get injured. The great news is that you've gotten started and you're working on fixing it. Honestly I think your best bet is to prioritize weight loss and strength increases for now. That will make the biggest possible impact on your health and movement.

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 09:29:39 AM »
You don't get what I mean by can really move good, by that I mean I can move as if I only around 20 pounds overweight, (how this is even possible? I have no clue...), and btw I can't really dedicate myself to a certain exercise schedule, just not possible with my life.. so yeah, nor can I count the calories I eat, only a rough estimate, (I usually never decide what I eat, its usually my parents and they don't count it either so), btw I ain't going pass things like precisions/rolls/maybe eventually vaults until I am at least 230 or so just to be safe :P

either way thanks for the link, I am looking at that now :P and btw I am doing intermediate fasting, I've been for like years without realizing it ^.^ but I got no benefits from it thanks to drinking sugary drinks all day... 

and still thank you again for that, now /rant end
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 09:54:08 AM »
Log 5
Stats:

Workout
( I AM UPDATING THIS AS THE DAY GOES BY!)
- Pushed past my limits and done around 5 regular pushups
- 60 elevated sit ups

Training
I am not doing any today :) way to hot outside, :P

Goals
Remove junk food and sugary drinks from my diet completely and fast food if possible

Other
I still am drinking a little bit of iced tea (its not to sugary it just has 21 carb's per cup of it so)
but I ain't drinking as much as before 1-2 glass's compared to like 7 yeah there's a difference, oh yeah btw my appetite has increase sense I stopped drinking it, didn't realize how much energy my body was using it for :/ like come on what would have made me full before only fulls me up like half way, but oh well I am not changing how much I eat.. Yet... and I had a few chips but no where near as much as I would eat before (like 1-2 bowl fulls compared to like a handful or so, yeah there's a difference... much difference... but yeah  I usually don't eat chips even beforehand so.. its easy to lower the amount I eat.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:16:05 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 11:14:07 AM »
sorry for not posting yesterday, I was at a lot of yard sales yesterday (parents wanted me to help) and it was to hot yesterday so..
Log 5
Stats:

Workout
- 30 half pushups (I am so tired right now D:)
- going to try to get 150 squats done even though I am really tired
GUYS, I need to tell you something, my strength with pushups is increasing every so often, my arms get tired after going to my max pushups and I can't do anymore really until two days later, then my max is increased somehow, probably all the extra weight I am carrying, if I can do around 6 pushups on the day my arms aren't tired at all, yeah once I lose all of this weight I can bet I will be much stronger then people who didn't train there strength while overweight, :)  if they were overweight that is...
BTW the amount of time I can do physical activity seems to be increasing too, or maybe that's just all those sugary drinks being removed?

Training
Doing stair training thing, upgraded the amount of stairs I do at a time to 3 :D
Done some parkour roll training, almost got the ground roll done only hit me head once and my shoulder like once, though my shoulder isn't use to it yet so its still feeling like I pushed past the amount of push ups I can do (I need to increase my strength more so its easier :P)
I done some precision, seems I was already really good at this :D

Also sense I barely have time to train some days (not a exageration, though I do go to online school doesn't matter, I have to help work in the house a lot), so I will try training with what I have at the time (its not uncommon for my to randomly jump off of things when at like a picnic always done it, maybe that's why I am so good at precisions and so on?), like if I am helping carry heavy things, try taking the heaviest there to train my strength, or of I am walking with my family, ehh run most of the time I can, or if lets say I am at a picnic, try jumping off of the things nearby such as empty bench's and similar, if anyone else has training tips I can do any time I am doing daily things tell me :)

Goals

Other
Ugh still drinking way less sugary drinks and less junk food, slowly eliminating them, but its hard when your house is for of it :(
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:04:22 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »
BTW to the guy that gave my exercise tips and so on , up a few posts you said that sense I am overweight I am more likely to get hurt, yeah I really don't believe that at all why? well let me tell ya

I have been overweight for more then half of my live, and I haven't had any injuries worse then a simple SCRAPE, when I am doing just as much as average weight people, EXAMPLE: wrecked my bike more then once, got a simple scrape, so I don't believe the overweight = more injuries theory, or maybe its just me? though if you can't move at all really then probably more injuries, but not in my case at all, I have even fallen off of things and had no injuries what so ever, yeah I doubt you all believe I am telling you the truth right now, but it is the truth :P this has just been bugging me sense he said that I just had to post this, :P now end of my rant!
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »
That doesn't disprove it, though. Quite simply you have more weight. That means everything you do involves more force. Landing, jumping, running. Everything. You cannot take the same falls you would be able to if you were at a healthy weight. Just because you haven't been injured doesn't mean you aren't more likely to be. More likely does not mean guaranteed.

For a decreased risk of injury and improved health and movement losing weight is probably the most important thing you can focus on right now. You don't seem to want to admit that and I'm not here to berate you, but you will be extremely glad if you do it. It's holding you back way more than you think.

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 04:36:26 AM »
No, I am focusing on losing weight, and I know there is a higher chance of injury, but I doubt I will get injured from simply having more weight :P of course most disagree with this, but from what I can see I won't, cmon I even fell down a full set of stairs (14 of em) and got nothing more then a scare.. and maybe bruises ('d like you to know I almost landed on my neck and nothing happened) maybe its just because I react faster then some? oh well...

Either way these are the only things I am focusing on right now as I stated..
- Losing Weight
- Muscle Strength (which is going well, I'd say)
- and the basic techniques like the basic roll not the dive roll just the ground one, or precisions which I am surprisingly really good at.

Okay if it's okay with you I am done slightly arguing :P I don't want to have a argument/debate trust me I will never stop... xD
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Chris_Selle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 10:08:50 AM »
Great to hear you are working towards loosing weight and a healthier life style. I've been focusing on loosing weight myself. I weighted 200lbs (yes, no where close to the goal you are aiming for I know) and am trying to reach 180 (I'm 188 right now), simply to reduce the impact my legs take on landings. I have a few tips for you since you are 14 and can't regulate your food and fitness schedule that much.

First, work on taking carbs out of your diet as much as possible, be creative with it. For example, if your parents cook burgers don't eat them with a bun, use lettuce in the place of the bun or just eat the patty. I love eating hot-dogs with lettuce for the bun, I think it taste better as well. It is true that in the beginning your parent's may say stuff and think its weird (tip: most parents expect their kid doing such a thing is just a fad that they will grow out of) however, if you keep at it and don't stop they will begin to respect it.

Second, work on taking sugary things out of your diet. I saw that you have already realized how bad the drinks are for you, which is great. Now, you just need to work on getting to the point where you no longer crave them because sugar is addicting to a degree.

Third, drink a lot of water. Water is the core fuel to everything in our body, proper hydrating increase metabolism, energy levels, focus. People just do not realize how important it really is. For your size, try to drink close to a gallon a day. A gallon is 128 ounces so aim for about 100 ounces a day.

Finally, just work on developing a cardio schedule to help you loose weights. No type of work out burns calories faster than simple cardio. Even if you do not have much time to work out in the day, 30 minutes is enough time to power walk 2 miles.

Get creative with how you pursue these goals, and prove to your parents that it is not a phase by taking action.
APK Instructor since March 2013
Phil 4:13
Isaiah 40:31

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »
Great to hear you are working towards loosing weight and a healthier life style. I've been focusing on loosing weight myself. I weighted 200lbs (yes, no where close to the goal you are aiming for I know) and am trying to reach 180 (I'm 188 right now), simply to reduce the impact my legs take on landings. I have a few tips for you since you are 14 and can't regulate your food and fitness schedule that much.

First, work on taking carbs out of your diet as much as possible, be creative with it. For example, if your parents cook burgers don't eat them with a bun, use lettuce in the place of the bun or just eat the patty. I love eating hot-dogs with lettuce for the bun, I think it taste better as well. It is true that in the beginning your parent's may say stuff and think its weird (tip: most parents expect their kid doing such a thing is just a fad that they will grow out of) however, if you keep at it and don't stop they will begin to respect it.

Second, work on taking sugary things out of your diet. I saw that you have already realized how bad the drinks are for you, which is great. Now, you just need to work on getting to the point where you no longer crave them because sugar is addicting to a degree.

Third, drink a lot of water. Water is the core fuel to everything in our body, proper hydrating increase metabolism, energy levels, focus. People just do not realize how important it really is. For your size, try to drink close to a gallon a day. A gallon is 128 ounces so aim for about 100 ounces a day.

Finally, just work on developing a cardio schedule to help you loose weights. No type of work out burns calories faster than simple cardio. Even if you do not have much time to work out in the day, 30 minutes is enough time to power walk 2 miles.

Get creative with how you pursue these goals, and prove to your parents that it is not a phase by taking action.
The sugary drink I always drank (iced tea) was the huge source of carbs in my life, I don't eat bread and that way to much, basically I would drink like 6 big cups of it a day and each cup (the measurement kind of cup) had around 21 grams of carbs, yeah that was to much, I am still drinking it a bit but I am slowly eliminating it more, and btw my parents won't really care sense are family isn't of the families that eat together I usually eat in my room, :P and we don't eat hambugers and that much maybe once a month or so :P
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 02:06:13 PM »
sorry for not posting yesterday again, didn't get anything done
Log 5
Stats:

Workout
- 150 squats that's probably it for today :P

Training
so I done some more parkour roll training, got the ground roll down pretty good, though my shoulder does get hit sometimes :(

Goals

Other
Ugh still drinking way less sugary drinks and less junk food, slowly eliminating them, but its hard when your house is full of it :(
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
so cold today, so I didn't do much
Log 6
Stats:

Workout
- 150 squats
I done 8 pushups! :D better then 2 weeks ago or so that I could only do like a half xD

Training
Parkour roll training like always, almost got the ground roll down!

Goals

Other
Ugh still drinking way less sugary drinks and less junk food, slowly eliminating them, but its hard when your house is full of it :(
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 03:11:55 PM »
so cold today, so I didn't do much
Log 7
Stats:

Workout
- 150 squats
You may not believe it but I done around 15 complete pushups and almost a 16th one! man more arms are sore now, I just pushed past the shakiness of my arms to do this, xD before I stopped when it got hard to hold myself...

Training
Just some basic roll training like always xD

Goals

Other
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:18:21 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll

Offline Magmaman101

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »
Log 8
Stats:

Workout
-150 squats
- managed rough;y 15 pushups again my arms are tired :(

Training
I tried two rolls while squatting slightly instead of full squats, and they were slightly dive rolls, got both of them correctly and felt no pain what so ever :)

Goals

Other
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:18:44 PM by Magmaman101 »
Learned Moves Basic Roll