Author Topic: Chris's Training Log  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Chris_Selle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Chris's Training Log
« on: April 23, 2015, 03:23:13 PM »
Intro:
I have been training in parkour now for approximately 9 years, been teaching parkour professionally for a little for a little over 3 years, and been an APK Instructor for 2 years. I started doing parkour as a kid running through the 10 acres of forest I had in my back yard and officially discovered it in the 9th grade. Over the years I have acquired a couple of inquires that have set me back, and developed an interest in tricking. The point of this log for me is to help track my progression as I work to get into better shape than I was before my injuries, and track the my progressions as I begin to learn flips, and tricking skills.

Main injuries have been tendinitis in my knees and Achilles (due to not progressing at a proper pace in the early days), and a sprained shoulder from a kong to dive roll over a picnic table.

So far the only tricking skills and flips I have learned are Wall spins, aeriels, 540, and Butterfly kick. (Have been getting close to learning fronts.)

Stats:
24 years old
5'7"
195lbs

My long term goals to track on this forum over the next couple years:
Strength:
Squat 2.5 times my body weight for 5 reps
10 nordic hamstring curls strict form without hands
30 pull ups strict form (could do 23 before sprain)
50 chin ups strict form (could do 34 before sprain)
30 dips (could do 17 before sprain)
10 pull ups with 100lbs
30 second handstand
10 free standing hand stand push ups
10 muscle-ups

Tricks:
Master Fronts
Master Side Flips (both sides)
Master Backs
Aeriels (both sides)
b-twist (both sides)
Corkscrew (both sides)
540 (both sides)
720 dive roll (I love dive rolls)
Dive roll over small car to concrete (was doing them over picnic tables to concrete before sprain)
360 bar tricks

Short terms goals over next few months:
Strength:
15 pull ups strict form
5 assisted handstand push ups
10 dips

Tricks:
360 dive roll
side flips
begin working on back flip progressions
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 05:13:44 AM by Chris_Selle »
APK Instructor since March 2013
Phil 4:13
Isaiah 40:31

Offline Chris_Selle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Chris's Training Log
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 12:09:18 PM »
Today I forced myself to get out and ran for the first time since my Achilles strain running a race a year ago. Did a half mile, tendons felt tight but no pain. Planning to train back up slowly for 5k races to help with my knee health.

My knee is almost fully healed from when I bruised it at Beast Coast.

Last night I landed a "One Step Wallspin", for the first time and started working on my Reverse Wallspin. Night before came close to landing an Arabien in the gym. Still working on the rotation for 360 dive roll, got some tips for it at KRAP Invaders which are helping with it a lot. Feel like I am ready to take the front flip out of the gym. But my knee still has trouble handling the landing on mats, going to give it another months or two to strengthen back up first.

APK Instructor since March 2013
Phil 4:13
Isaiah 40:31