Author Topic: 5 months in...  (Read 1204 times)

Offline lejon679

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
5 months in...
« on: March 26, 2015, 06:20:05 AM »
I've been training for about 5 months, and have gotten good at side vaults, safety vaults, speed vaults,  and rolls, so now I'm working on wall runs and kong vaults...

Now that I've introduced myself... I'm happy to have people in the community to talk to. If anyone is curious, I train in Colorado. Also, if anyone will help with wall runs or Kong vaults, please message me or post on the thread. Thanks!

Offline lejon679

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: 5 months in...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 06:44:07 PM »
Well, after a few days...

Kong vault situation remains unchanged... But water training with some local freerunners, wall runs have improved. Turns out I wasn't jumping on the wall enough. If anyone has any suggestions for teaching Kong vaults or muscle ups, feel free to reply

Offline Chris_Selle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
Kong vaults (Kong, Monkey, Saut de Chat, same thing) took me a while to learn as well. The first tip I have for learning them is practicing monkey QM (QM=Quadrupedal Movement) everyday (incase you are not sure what that is, the video has is at 2:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVwAYPXMrbE). In the QM try to make your feet land past where your hands were.

Next, see if you can find a wall with a small drop on the other side (like a 5 inch drop if possible), and practice doing a monkey onto the top of it, and eventually clearing it.

Let me know if you have any questions. Keep training hard :)
APK Instructor since March 2013
Phil 4:13
Isaiah 40:31

Offline Goldjoe

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:53:57 AM »
Where in Colorado do you train?

Offline Zak Infinite

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 01:44:59 PM »
Yo man what exactly are you struggling with on the Kong? Few tips make sure your hips are high enough and practice kong stalls, if you have some form of wall that maybe has grass on the same level at the other side that is helpful, you can first try to kong upwards and land on the wall, then do it with a bit of momentum and a run and try kong of the wall part onto the grass on the same level, I don't know why but this is how I learned it years ago, helped me get over the fear of clipping my knees and shins or falling forwards, when you're learning just to do a kong stall on the wall, just place both your hands a decent amount apart and jump up with only one leg so it is on the wall between your hands and pull the other leg up, then try it again but jump up with the opposite leg instead, you will feel that when you get a slight push off your hands you get a little bit of air when you throw one of your legs up, try it with both legs at the same time after this and make sure to push with your hands also, and you will land on the wall, its kind of hard to explain I hope it helped but I haven't trained in 2 years due to injury so I can't remember all that well, But I do remember that is how I learned to kong, good look man!  :)