Author Topic: Roanoke!!  (Read 6182 times)

Offline Thomas Austin Wood

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Roanoke!!
« on: May 19, 2007, 02:35:36 PM »
Hey everyone, i just started gettin back into parkour i used to come to like the DC jams and stuff from va-parkour but i got into trickin and like broke and dislocated my shoulder so i have been out for awhile but i just got the clear from the Dr to do whateva the hell i want! woo haha i live in roanoke but i have family that lives in hyatstown and in clarksburg and i can use the metro if i go down there. so im tryin to get to some jams and such this summer i get out of school next week! so if anyone has any information or anything you can email me at coolfire6000@aol.com or call me at 240-285-2479.

p.s. im 18 i have a car and i can travel perty much anywhere as long as i can get off work XD

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Dont listen to Sat....Think with your balls
    • View Profile
Re: Roanoke!!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 04:41:42 PM »
I am up in cumberland MD but I am in Roanoke every once in a while. Ill pm you if im going down there

Offline Thomas Austin Wood

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:01:34 PM »
nice that would be awesome!

Offline TheSphinx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
I live in Harrisonburg, (a little over an hour from you).  I'm in Dallas for the summer, but if you're around in the Fall, I'll definitely be up for something.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 12:04:55 PM »
Thomas,

Check your aol email! :)

Also: ncparkour.com
North Carolina Traceurs

Offline b_ran_runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:10 AM »
sup thomas. add me cause though i'm not sure i'm going to check this very often. but i will from time to time so yeah. and if you guys are wondering why i'm posting this here i'm a roanoke trickster/traceur and would be happy to join/start any gatherings that need to go on here.

Offline sokkershot89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 06:32:55 AM »
hey everyone i'm nick and i'm from roanoke too i was jus wonderin how, or where the best place to learn and practice parkour is cause i know some kids live near places that kinda teach but there's no place near here that i know of so i don't wanna go runnin off doin it on my own without findin out advice first

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 05:42:54 AM »
Just as a quick follow-up to anybody interested: Thomas, b_ran_runner (is that Brandon?), and a couple others got together and had what I thought was an awesome jam. I really enjoyed the spots around VA Western CC, and look forward to next time I'm up in Roanoke so we can do it again (perhaps in the downtown area this time, yes?). :)

Was great to meet you guys, don't be strangers!!

-Cliff

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline b_ran_runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 05:56:04 AM »
yeah it was definitely a good time. and yeah i'm brandon. Virginia western has a lot of good spots to practice on but if you go to the side of the road that has the little garden maze, the cops stop you and tell you to leave so its gay. also roanoke college has a few good spots, along with a few good places downtown, send me a message if you want to chat

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:18 AM »
Brandon you lagged, bo. ;)

Lookin fw to the next time I'm up you guys' way. Parents have all been "When are you guys going to come up for a visit again?" lately, so it might be before TOO long. :)

If you guys want to ever just say hi, you got my cell and my email's ohfomehxr(at)gmail.com. :D

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline b_ran_runner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 04:30:15 AM »
well hey dude if you're in this weekend, or if anyone else plans on being in roanoke this weekend, sunday we're doing a session, we don't know if we're doing it at western or in the city but we'll decide that later. anyone else give me a message. i'll talk to you sometime this weekend cliff.

Offline Tony Flow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 12:26:04 PM »
Hey all. If anyone is still checking this, i live in Roanoke and i've been practicing for a little over a year now. My friend and i try to get stuff going just about every weekend. Lately we've just been trying to invite as many new people as we can, but if anyone wants to get to together to train or jam send me a message. Would love to hook it up with you guys.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 05:59:51 AM »
Tony,

I PM'd you in case you didn't see. :) *lag*

North Carolina Traceurs

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 07:05:39 AM »
Is this Roanoke, MD or Roanoke, VA?! If this is Roanoke in the middle of Virginia off of I-81 then WE'RE ALL IN LUCK YAY!!!!

I've got a massive group of traceurs here at Viginia Tech and we're only 45 minutes away from Roanoke. We usually have a jam in Roanoke once every month our next one is the weekend on Sunday Feb. 24th.

When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline Cliff Boz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • "ohfomehxr"
    • View Profile
    • ohfomehxr.com
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 05:58:26 AM »
Roanoke, VA to be sure. :) That's awesome Leonn. I actually thought a/b making the trek to VT to jam with you guys, but 1. I couldn't make the time and 2. I could never really get in touch with anybody who would say to the rest of the VT ppl "we're having a jam on this day at this time"... *shrug*

Like I said earlier in this post, my parents live in Roanoke, and I go to visit every couple or so months, and would LOVE to be able to meet up with you guys while up there. Ideally in Roanoke, if at all possible.

Def not going to be up there Feb 24, but I appreciate you sayin' something! It is possible we'll be up in March, but that hasn't been laid out quite yet. That'd be a/b a month later for you all! ;)

North Carolina Traceurs