Author Topic: Looking for a parkour outfit  (Read 6457 times)

Offline cthorpe12

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Live Life to the Extreme
    • View Profile
Looking for a parkour outfit
« on: May 12, 2007, 08:33:29 PM »
i think i found the stuff i want. i'm still looking for parkour wristbands(for protection), beanies, and shorts(i like basketball type shorts, with silky[comfortable and easy to move with] feel and it goes down right below knees). When i say parkour, i mean either plain (i'm looking for black) or (preferably) with some type of parkour(traceur) saying and/or logo. thnx!

here's some examples i found (if u have a better idea for shoes [that includes better matching colors that are either the same or better for parkour) plz, do tell. also if there are any plain, small lightweight packs out there or something cheaper(i don't feel like spending $50) again, do tell

shoes - http://www.shoemall.com/keycode.cmd?catalogKeyCode=SMJQ993&dest=catalog/product.jsp?style=617139&GCID=C16122x006

shirts - http://www.parkourclothing.com/acatalog/Impossible.html

pack - http://www.rushimprint.com/view_product.php?catID=128&productID=2316

cap - http://www.cafepress.com/parkourclothing.22556336

Offline shadow09

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a parkour outfit
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 09:32:19 PM »
i don't want to burst your bubble or anything here, but you really don't need a specific "outfit" for parkour. really you just need to were whatever is comfortable and doesn't hinder your moment in anyway. but hey, if you want a certain outfit for parkour, by all means do whatever you want, i usually wear the same thing every time i go out to train( but thats b/c all the rest of my cloths have chains and buckles and stuff all over em and weigh about 15 pounds)..lol
i guess where im going with this is, don't feel obligated to wear a certain thing... be free, wear whatever works

"Be not the successor of your past, but the designer of your future"

Offline cthorpe12

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Live Life to the Extreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 04:35:30 AM »
everyone keeps saying that. i just want something that i wear everytime i do parkour for the fun of it. click on the links to see what i'm talking about, and the second paragraph is basically what i'm looking for

Offline Casper

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »
Like I said in your last post, make sure you take the time to find a good pair of shoes FOR pk. Those ones you want don't look like they'll hold up...
Stairs are for Squares.

You can hide, but you can't run!

Offline RunCincy

• Mangabey
  • maybe rolling is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
You'll be looking fly, but make sure that you do actually wear the entire outfit when training. Remember to enjoy parkour to the fullest, Scene first and whatever time you have left over from forum training get out there and rep pk!

:P
you betcha on muh horse

Offline Zeus

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Dont listen to Sat....Think with your balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »
Yea dont worry about looking like a traceur. If people see you wearing clotes then they see you as normal. If they see you doing parkour then they will know you are a traceur (or think that you are a wierdo if they dont know what it is). Like others have said (across two threads) dont worry about the look or the fashion, just go out and have fun.

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »
as a personal rule, i pk naked....

HAHAH JUST KIDDING

i wear a t-shirt and cargo pants usually
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"

Offline ARES^34

• Guenons
  • Deny yourself, take up your cross, follow Him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 05:46:25 PM »
that parkour t-shirt etc site is SICK. I'm going to order about a dozen shirts to wear all the time If they'll accept american $.
Like the boys said, I'd find a different kind of shoe, because all of those little rubber pieces may start falling off pretty quick.
I think having some fly clothes make you a better traceur, personally, just like wearing nice clothes to a test make you feel more confident.
"No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me...from life's first cry, to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny."

Offline pointman323

• Patas
  • yarrgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
dont try PK in a suit....it rips....there goes my aunts wedding
"Its not that we're the best, its that everybody else sucks"