Author Topic: Front flip on ground  (Read 1991 times)

Offline jod6437

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Front flip on ground
« on: December 11, 2014, 12:50:45 AM »
Hey y'all. I'm trying to improve my freerunning vocabulary, and I figured the front flip would be good. I can do one on the trampoline without needing to bounce, and I can do a railflip vault and I can sort of do a handspring if that's a good progression for the front flip. Anyway, so I'm pretty sure I can do a frontflip from the ground, but I'll admit, I'm scared to death everytime I want to do one, even if it's on a soft surface. Anyway, so I desperately need help with this and if you have some ideas but need more information, jut ask

Offline APK_Slash

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Front flip on ground
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 08:25:44 AM »
well the front handspring is nothing like the front tuck, however... its great you know it , it can help prevent injury if you decided not to commit to the front flip.
 i just learned the front tuck this year i dont have a trampoline or anything nice like that to help with my tecnique so i went right to grass.
if you're worried about "breaking your neck" "landing on your head" the chances of that happening with the front flip are very very slim inless you completly bail upside down somehow.
ive never had it happen with zero flipping practice in the past. that being said you will more than likley land on your ass/back/heels alot. it hurts for like a second then goes away. really not that bad on soft grass.

if you can somehow get matts or a matress to flip onto your body will know it wont hurt so you will commit to the flip. It really comes down to just getting out there and trying it.
I believe you can do it, now just believe in yourself!!!! Goodluck!!!!
Fearlessness is Limitless

Offline jod6437

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Front flip on ground
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »
Thanks! I think I'm ready to do it.

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile