Author Topic: michael's training e(every day or so)  (Read 2552 times)

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
michael's training e(every day or so)
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »
so today i did 20 normal pushups, 2 min of situps, 10 under-shoulder pus ups, 1 min of crunches, 10 diamond push ups, 10 clapper push ups, then some cat practice on a wall (kept losing traction maybe when my fieyues get here they'll help over trail shoes) but i feel like i am making progress

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
Re: michael's training e(every day or so)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 05:01:17 PM »
its great to see you starting a training journal, I started mine a couple months ago and can already track my progress. Maybe your feet were to high or low on the wall? ???
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
so today i mainly tried to practice tic-tacs and cats (anyone willing to critique me and a friends from if i were to post a video?) after i got off of work also tried to get the nerve to try kongs but not yet i don't think maybe once i get some nerve. also Fieyues got here today so gonna go try them out tomorrow

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »
maybe Sebastian I'll be practicing tomorrow some more and try to get some tic-tac and cat footage, the trouble here seems to be the finding good places to practice them in my small town but I've found a few places

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
so made more progress today, i can now tic-tac to the top of a waistish high wall, did 90 total pusups (50 normal, 10 of the diamond clappers, and under shoulders) the fieyues do help with my form i can actually feel what i am doing and i don't tear up my trail running shoes so yeah gonna practice the afternoon away tomorrow

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »
practiced tic-tacing and climbing till i jacked my ankle up then went on to do 40 pushups with 2 min of situps and 1 min of crunches. and my friend had two questions, "why use a cat when you could just haul yourself up normally" and "why use a kong vault"

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 11:22:53 PM »
Because tic tacs and kongs can be faster in certain situations
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »
i see. and todays' workout 250 pushups (40 total of the clappers with the diamonds and under shoulders the rest just normal) didn't have time to practice but i found a good place to do pullups thankfully so i can start on that

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »
Wow dude, you do a lot of pushups. It's inspiring me to start working out more xP I need more upper body strength pretty badly. But good luck with your training! Don't be scared of kongs, like most things in parkour, it's just a fear thing. It's cake once you try it. Just make sure you get your hips up high. Start with a picnic table or something. If it makes it easier, stand on the bench/sitting part of it and try it, that's how I learned everything but a dash vault. Picnic tables are epic for training vaults.
Jessie LaFlair and Ronnie Shalvis have amazing tutorials, you should check them out, especially if you're just starting out.

(Also, props on getting the Feiyues, I love mine so much  :D)
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
If you post a video I'll critique it.

Also good work, it's nice to see someone putting in so much effort. If I can just give you some advice, though, start doing either pull ups or rows as well as push ups. If you keep only doing push up variations you'll develop some muscle imbalances and it always leads to nasty shoulder or elbow injuries.

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 04:06:16 PM »
Wow dude, you do a lot of pushups. It's inspiring me to start working out more xP I need more upper body strength pretty badly. But good luck
what i started doing was when i am watching twitch i do basically the 10 pushups a message challenge till i hit 400 pushups
If you post a video I'll critique it.

Also good work, it's nice to see someone putting in so much effort. If I can just give you some advice, though, start doing either pull ups or rows as well as push ups. If you keep only doing push up variations you'll develop some muscle imbalances and it always leads to nasty shoulder or elbow injuries.
I'll keep this in mind and yeah I'll get a video up once i find a camera

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2014, 05:43:14 PM »
so over the past few days i've been very busy but i did just normal 50 pushups a night with situps and crunches with some pullups thrown in but today i practiced vaults because my favorite place to practice cats and tic-tacs was iced over so i can make it about half way across the long side of a picnic table but i think i need to get my legs higher and i can easily speed vault over the width
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:02:42 PM by doomtm2 »

Offline doomtm2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Tic-Tac goes the Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »
so i have internet again! but yeah on to training been practicing little things here and there been doing a lot of jumps and vaults and am working on trying to build up to the point i can do a one-handed pull-up and a one-handed push-up. found some places to practice i think as well we will see. but have found some amazing places to practice jumps i can now clear the width of a picnic table and am working on the length. on a final note for this update a quick question, any tips for kong vaults I've gotten past the fear part just i don't think I'm getting them, like what is the common use of it?