Author Topic: How does everyone overcome fear?  (Read 2857 times)

Offline TheFreshFreerunner

• Guenons
  • Currently Working On: Solid Ground Backflip
    • View Profile
How does everyone overcome fear?
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
What is YOUR most useful way to overcome fear? I myself am no longer afraid to attempt my favorite move and that's the cheat gainer. my way of overcoming fear is to watch "my first....(whatever the move is) on YouTube and i see that if people attempting these moves first try and don't get hurt and land them pretty well so that makes me think that i can because as you may already know a lot of first-time-flippers aren't in the best of shape so that boosts my confidence in myself and i am not scared anymore. so i am wondering what is yourway of overcoming fear? And obviously if you like or find this thread helpful or entertaining make sure to smash my +1 karma button!! Thanks everyone!! 
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 04:10:02 PM by TheFreshFreerunner »

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
Re: How does everyone overcome fear?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 04:14:11 PM »
Fear can sometimes be a big problem for me. Like flips I have fear( small amounts) if I land wrong and hurt myself. I usually watch videos and stuff, but the most useful way for me is to slowly progress to the point that I know I can do the flip.
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline Alvendam

• Patas
  • If I could fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
I do not overcome fear. I throw myself into it and hope for the best.
No fear, no pain
Nobody left to blame

My faith has grown
No fear of the unknown

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVqK--TYU_s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVqK--TYU_s</a>
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline jod6437

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:46:30 AM »
Ooh, this could be very helpful. I'm trying to do a frontflip on the ground, but I might start a whole different thread for that

Offline DarkishJupiter2

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Parkour Is Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
hey, what i do is like a mediation type thing. i will sit down and think about the move all the way through then if any doubts come up to mind. don't ignore them stand up and pretend like you are pulling them out of your head (i know it sounds stupid but it works for me) then look at them in your hand and just say whatever the hell you want to them. and throw them on the ground and step on them. what i do is mock what they are saying. it really helps a lot. hope it helps you.