Author Topic: Feet Training  (Read 699 times)

Offline Bricksparts

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Feet Training
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:33:06 PM »
Recently I have been training more on hard surfaces (cement mainly) rather than wood-chips at the park. Occasionally I will have mild pain in the balls of my feet for up to a day (Specifically when I flex my 2nd toe, the toe next to my big toe. Otherwise there is little to no pain unless I'm walking or a similar activity.) From time to time I will land a little strange, harshly, or unevenly, causing this to occur.

My question is this: are there any good exercises (possibly yoga??) or techniques I should practice to prevent this from happening? Also for when it does happen, what should I do? Should I wait until it is better, try putting some tension on it, etc.? Thanks!

Offline APK_Slash

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Feet Training
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:13:24 PM »
first And most importantly, let the injury heal. make sure you're rolling out of higher drops to reduce impact. but it sounds like your feet just need to get used to the harder surface.
bones aborb the shock and intime will become stronger. you could try a shoe with more padding, personally i perfer to feel the ground more. ive bruised the balls off my feet multiple times, after training it dont hurt to ice your foot down if you feel discomfort. (ive use frozen vegtables lol). anything cold really. your feet will adapt to the hard surface just give it time. make sure you FULLY recover before you continue training.
Fearlessness is Limitless

Offline Bricksparts

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »
I think I'm going to start trying doing landing drills more. I can roll fairly effectively on cement, and much more so on dirt or other softer surfaces. Although I will try practicing more with no shoes to strengthen my feet. Thanks for the advice! :)

Offline APK_Slash

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 03:34:09 PM »
make sure you check the surface youre training, rocks hurt really bad with bare feet. i promise haha.  ;D
Fearlessness is Limitless

Offline elianahermione

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:00:37 AM »
I am going to do some high heel foot training because heels are just so cute. It's better to know how to walk around with them then just wearing them out once and making yourself look like a fool because you don't know how to walk in them essay writer.