Author Topic: "I'm Just Going For a Run"  (Read 12736 times)

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm Just Going For a Run"
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »
I ate/drank:
A banana
Some pancakes with syrup
Some OJ
a poptart
a homemade hamburger with cheese and pickles
some water
annndd a granola bar.. maybe an apple if I get one
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »
So... for the past week, I've had some pretty weird knee problems. My right knee, only my right one, has been hurting quite a bit. It pops a lot, which really worries me, and hurts if I put pressure on it the wrong way. It started last Saturday/Sunday and I let it rest until today. I went to train at the park and it started to hurt pretty bad. I'm going to rest all of this week, and if it still doesn't feel okay by then, I'll go see a doctor. Otherwise, I haven't done much. I learned how to do a roll, turn, and do a sideflip. I started working on doing front 180s and can do front 90s on a trampoline :P My backflip is super straight now.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline Jameson McLeod

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Need to train, winter is over and son is 7 months.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »
Are you taking joint vitamins daily?
Need to train.

In Williston, ND

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2015, 07:14:59 AM »
No, I'm not. Should I be? I could look into this, thanks for the suggestion!
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2015, 07:56:15 PM »
Went to the doctor Tuesday. He basically told me to get a knee brace and ice it after training and heat it sometimes. He didn't seem too concerned, which kind of bugged me. I'm taking it seriously, and he didn't seem to be, I guess. I haven't done anything in the past week. It sucks. So bad. I got a knee brace today, and honestly I don't see how this is supposed to help me... I'm going to take the rest of the month off, which is going to drive me literally insane, but I don't want to have permanent knee damage. Once I start again, I'll be doing a lot more weight lifting (which is like watching paint dry to me...) so that my legs will be stronger and, not sure if my logic even makes sense, will make my knees have less strain. Suggestions and stuff welcome...
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline Jameson McLeod

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Need to train, winter is over and son is 7 months.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2015, 05:03:30 AM »
Don't worry so much. You're still walking so you're not going to have permanent knee damage as long you don't over extend yourself. Be mindful of your body.

Yeah, vitamins do wonders!
Need to train.

In Williston, ND

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2015, 03:05:54 PM »
Thanks :) Hopefully I can keep myself from doing anything stupid until my knee heals up.
I'm gonna try to talk my mother into buying vitamins the next time she goes to the store.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2015, 04:10:20 PM »
My knee doesn't "hurt" anymore, it just feels... Weird... It's still popping, even though I'm trying not to pop it. Like... I don't do it on purpose, it just pops when I move my leg. It kind of feels like when I had growing pains, but not like that. It's not super painful, it's just weird. I've been wearing the knee brace, and pretty much just playing on my trampoline and nothing else. I might stop jumping on it, though. I was on it yesterday and my knee started to feel bad. So... still not doing anything... It sucks.. Really bored...  :'( :'( :'( I just want to jump on stuff. Don't even remember the last time I got to do a sideflip.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »
Almost a month later, my knee is still kind of bugging me. It's not bad, but I'm going to stay off of it until it stops popping all the time. I'm hoping by next week I'll be able to train. May 14th... May 14th and I won't be bored out of my mind anymore...
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »
SOOOOOOOOOO
My knee still hurts.
But
It's not super serious anymore. It's Osgood Schlatter's Disease. I can start training again, but it will hurt. The pain will last from 6 months to 2 years (really big range, but eh...) but freerunning won't cause any further damage. I'll be doing light stuff, regardless. No trampolines or jumping off of stuff or flips or anything. Just practicing vaults/precisions, etc.. Good form, weight training, etc etc etc..
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »
Oh training journal, how hath I neglected you.

My knee fully healed about June 10th or so. Not entirely sure of the date, but I've been training since then.

:P So I was finally back to training and now I have a boo boo again. It seems to be healing fine, but basically I haven't done anything in the past two weeks. I really can't catch a break. At least, this time, it's entirely my fault.

I was running and I jumped onto a smooth brick ledge, only about a foot and a half off the ground and planned to stride onto brick platform about 3 feet away and a foot higher. A really easy jump that I'd done hundreds of times. This time I didn't check the surface and the brick was wet with dew (it was early in the morning). I slipped, stopped my face and upper body from hitting the next platform, but at the expense of my legs. Both hit the brick pretty hard. At the time I thought it was no big deal, I'd just walk it off and train normally. Which I did. And I was okay. Until I got home, rested, and my legs felt like someone had mercilessly chopped them with barbed axes. Soo I rested for a few days, felt a lot better, and tried to learn how to b-kick again and practiced websters on the trampoline (I can't decide which I want to learn first). But afterwards I hurt again, not as bad as before but still quite a bit. I've been resting for almost two weeks now.

TL;DR: I smashed my thighs into a smooth brick ledge because the one below it was slippery. I don't think it's serious, but I can't extend my left leg all the way if I'm sitting down. As in, I can't do an L sit, even if my butt and legs on the chair.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:21:03 PM by C.Bourque »
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »
My legs are all fine now. I did some awesome training Sunday and I learned how to do a b-twist today. It's not the cleanest b-twist, but it's enough to make me happy for now. I'll definitely be refining it as I get more and more comfortable with it. I want to learn how to do a wall flip or a palm flip next, not sure which to go for first.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2016, 07:14:11 PM »
An update since it's been a really long time since I've posted:
I fully healed from all of those past injuries. No problems with my thighs, knees, or shins. Not too long ago (a couple of weeks) I twisted my ankle (or something) really hard and hurt it, but it's healing rather well. As long as I'm not too stupid it doesn't hurt.

I've gotten my b-twists on and off. I actually had to re-learn how to them on my other side. I was doing aerials one day and decided to try to twist and it ended up working out and I kinda landed it sort of. Tried it a few more times and worked out a b-twist from my aerial.  I can do them, but not as consistently as I'd like. My backflips, frontflips, and sideflips are on point and I'm very comfortable with all of them. The only things I'm still working on is standing frontflips and backflips off of heights taller than my waist.

I still haven't gotten a wallflip or palmflip, but I'm committed to asking a girl out and palmflipping on the same day, hopefully sometime very very soon xP I have learned how to arabian, and I'm landing them pretty consistently. I learned how to do a side full on the trampoline and do want to take it to the ground sometime soon.

Goals for the end of this year:
Palmflip (hopefully by the end of this month)
Wallflip (hopefully within a couple of months)
Front 180 on the ground (hopefully before I make my trip to Italy on May 29th)
Back full on the ground (not expecting to get this until later in the year as I can't even do one on the trampoline, but sooner is better)
Side full on the ground (not sure when)
consistent b-twist (as soon as I can, but I honestly don't know when. I'm having so much trouble with this one)
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »
It is nice to hear that you are healing! And good luck with the girl and palmflipping!-remember, confidence is key for both of them ;)
It helps me a lot to post my goals like you have done. It holds you accountable to get the stuff done.

train safe bro!
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2016, 09:34:13 PM »
No luck with the girls, BUT I can stick wall flips now. Not trying palm flips just yet, but my wall flips are on point. In addition, I learned how to do a back full. I can't do them standing just yet, but I can do one with just a bit of momentum from a roundoff and stick it. I'm working on cart fulls and getting more comfortable with my back flips. I realized I almost never use my back flips in my actual runs and am not nearly as comfortable with them as I am with my side flip and front flip.

My b-twists are looking MUCH more consistent. I think when I learned how to full I got a better concept of twisting and my b-twist rotation is a lot faster and I land easier.

I can also "kind of" side full on the ground. They aren't very good and I usually stumble out. It needs A LOT of cleaning up.

I'm pretty sure I can front 180, but I haven't trained them yet. I'll start working on that next.

And I learned how to do an outward wall side flip a bit after I learned to wall flip. I might work on inward side flips later.

Also, strangely, I couldn't do a back handspring. I fixed that too.

Next Goals:
1. Cart full
2. Front 180
3. Clean up side full
4. Standing back full
5. Palm flip
6. Cheat gainer
7. Corkscrew

(Somewhere in there). I have a few new vault ideas I really want to work on. I can do reverse vaults with a 360 twist and lazy vaults with a 720 twist that both need to be perfected. My lazy 720 isn't as consistent as I'd like it to be (especially since I slipped and landed on my butt really hard on concrete a week ago).
I want to do that awesome rail flip to dash vault I saw in Storm Freerun's videos.
I can do a double kong but reverse vault at the end instead of kong, but I want to do a double reverse vault. Like, reverse to reverse.
I want to consistently stick my lazy 720's.
I want to do that double palmspin vault again. I managed to pull it off like twice before giving it a break because of how bad I hurt after failing it 100s of times.
I do this one handed railflip thing with my hand on the side of things, like rails, anything that sticks out. I can do it with a 180 twist, but I want to get it with a full rotation.

There's probably a bunch of other stuff I want to learn, too... I need to find something to focus on x. x
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2016, 08:25:17 PM »
A week of new flips:
Every day, starting last Thursday and ending on the Thursday coming up, I plan to learn a new movement, just to inspire myself to learn faster.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »
Thursday:
I learned how to do a one leg backflip going sideways off of a ledge from standing. Kind of with a small leg swing into it, but not much,
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2016, 08:28:47 PM »
Friday:
I learned how to do a one handed palm flip type of thing. Still too scared to try two hands, but I did do one hand off of a telephone pole.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2016, 08:34:29 PM »
Saturday:
I learned how to cheat gainer/kick the moon yesterday. Honestly, i don't know the difference. It only took me like 10 minutes to learn, but that's because I accidentally made a sick progression for doing it.

I started off with one step into the j step, acted like I was going to swing through into my cheat gainer, but then planted my swinging foot and did a backflip instead. Then i worked on that until I could do a flash kick. And then I worked on that until, at some moment, I just decided to stop planting my foot and just swing through. Boom, cheat gainer/kick the moon.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2016, 08:36:03 PM »
Sunday:
Today I "learned" how to do a 360 dive roll. I could already do one, but they were terrible, ugly, and hurt like hell. Now they look at least halfway decent and don't hurt so much anymore.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.