Author Topic: "I'm Just Going For a Run"  (Read 17260 times)

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm Just Going For a Run"
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »
Allriight... So in the past week I have: virtually mastered my backflip on GRASS, might work on concrete soon. Played a lot on the trampoline and did front flips in grass, but they aren't as good as my backflip and still cause a bit of pain after a few of them. Went to the park today, ran two miles w/ a friend ad have decided to start my three week running test. I've gotten rather good (in my opinion) at rail flow and i find it to be really fun in the right places. I got my pistol squat back (thanks Dick  ;)) and have progressed my 1h pushups.
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2015, 06:50:33 AM »
Inn the past week I have:
Been to the park a few times
Tried not to get rained on
Practiced backflips and let my core heal up, because it's still getting kinda sore
Played a lot of Smite :D
Annnndddd.... played on my trampoline when it was too wet to go in the grass

new goals: figure out how to do a cheat gainer, learn how to land my front flips better (I land then fall over onto my hands, or land, have to put my hands on the ground to push myself up so I can run out of it, or, if I'm lucky, I stumble and run out..
try to get my left leg vaults on par with my right leg. My left leg lazy vault isn't nearly as good as my right leg, even though I have been working on it quite a bit. I've also been working on my opposite sides on palm spins, cart wheels/one handed cart wheels, and speed vaults. Pretty much everything I can do on my right side (other than my aerial, I don't want to go there yet) I want to be able to do on my left side.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »
Was kind of sick for the past three days. Miggghhtt go to the park tomorrow, if I don't feel like crap.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2015, 10:52:45 AM »
I did end up going to the park on Tuesday. Didn't do anything Wednesday. Thursday I decided to learn how to sideflip, so I worked on that on the trampoline and then took it to the grass the same day and landed like two before I started messing up. Perfect practice makes perfect, so I stopped and went inside. Went to the park yesterday and tried a few sideflips. I ended up landing a looottt of them. I messed up the first few, but figured out that I was going in with too much momentum and couldn't control it right, so I slowed down and got some control on my entrance and was able to land a bunch of them. I did some more today and landed them fine. Kinda proud that I was able to learn to sideflip in less than 24 hour  8)
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2015, 08:30:21 PM »
Continued sideflip/frontflip/backflip practice. I went to the park and videoed some more stuff but it didn't all come out right so I'm going to try again sometime soon. There were a lot of people at the park because of Mardi Gras so I didn't really get much of a chance to train at my favorite spots, but some of the other spots were open so I went there. Rained on Monday, so I didn't get to do much but play on my trampoline recently. I'll be going to the park tomorrow, hopefully, and try to get some training in and maybe bring my music stand and some tape to record a bit for my 1 year video thing.

On a less happy note, I made one of my first big mistakes in parkour/freerunning. I was feeling confident, but I was tired as hell, but I really wanted to learn how to do round off to back flip... So I did a backflip. Then I did a round off. Then I tried them together, but with a second or two between the round off and backflip. Then I went to go straight into a backflip from a roundoff... annnddd... I don't even really know what happened. All I know is I landed on my face :'( It actually doesn't hurt as bad as you might think. I got a big scrape on my nose and above and below my right eye, but otherwise I'm perfectly fine. My neck hurt for a little bit, but I was okay after. I consider myself lucky, but  I don't know. I won't be trying that again for a while. At least not until I actually learn how to transition from the roundoff into the backflip. Buuuut anyways! Yeah, I'm fine. My sideflip is pretty solid, and I'm getting a lot better at my frontflip. My backflip is good as ever. I was able to run up, hop on a rock and do a front flip off of it, and I've been working on getting more comfortable with all of my flips so that I can use them in my running around and stuff.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 08:37:44 PM »
I went to the park again today.
Practiced a bunch of sideflips.
Noticed I was a lot better at sideflips.
Noticed I was a lot worse at frontflips. (Going to have to work on those again. It rained Monday and everything is still kinda wet, so I didn't go outside much to practice. I guess my frontflip deteriorated during those days. Or maybe it was just because I was trying to do them on squishy stuff. I dunno. I was able to do them by running up, hopping onto one of the little shin high rocks, and flipping off, and my flat ground frontflips weren't baaaaaaddddd they just weren't as good as I remembered them being Friday.)
I did a few sideflips over a very small "gap." The gap was just squishy park stuff, grass, to squishy park stuff. I was just trying to get comfortable doing them over stuff. Once I get better and more sure with them and how far and high I go with them, I'll start doing them over actual things, like the shin high rock I was doing my front flip off of.

Basically my goals right now are to get comfortable using my flips in my playing. I've gotten a lot better at incorporating my aerial and I've done a few frontflips in my runs now. I also need to learn to do them on harder surfaces like concrete. It's kind of weird to not be able to flip on concrete. I can aerial on concrete fine, but I'll need to work on backflip, sideflip, frontflip. I tried a backflip on concrete once a few weeks ago and my shoes came off on impact. I'll be working on that  :D
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2015, 07:19:34 PM »
Rained a little yesterday.
Went to the park today. Before I went, I did some side flips over a small bush thing in my yard. Well, actually, it was a branch from a tree with leaves and stuff that I stuck in the ground... but close enough.
I also did some frontflips over a very short wooden bench I have. It doesn't have a back or anything. Still trying to get comfortable with my flips. I did some flips off of my picnic table. I was swinging onto it from a rope I have hanging in my tree then frontflipping off.

At the park I did a lot of new stuff in areas I've already been at. Someone was having a birthday party so I couldn't go to the playground section, so I decided to play around this really big fountain area. It has rails and short walls and stuff around it, so I ran around and it was fun. Just trying things I already know how to do in different places and different ways. I did a dash vault on a picnic table but instead of running out, I landed my feet on the sitting spot and dive rolled off. I'm trying to learn how to go from dash vault into dive roll without letting my feet touch the ground.
I also climbed a bunch of trees and stuff.

My right knee is starting to feel... weird? For a while now, it has been popping really easily. You know how you can crack your fingers? Well, I can do that to my right knee. Not on purpose, most of the time. It's starting to worry me. Sometimes it aches, but not that much. Now that my shins don't hurt anymore, another part of my body kind of has to fill in. *sigh*
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2015, 07:25:13 PM »
I haven't been doing any actual muscle building or anything like that. I've only really been playing and learning new things. Maybe once I learn enough to satisfy myself, I'll start building muscle again. I'm not strong, at all, but I'm really light. Only about 110lbs and 5ft 6 inches or so and I'm 16, almost 17.

It's going to rain tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day. And it'll be really wet the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that. Sooo... in other words, I won't be training much next week. Maybe I'll lift weights (even though I don't really like lifting weights...) under my driveway.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2015, 05:45:27 PM »
It rained. A lot. Well, not really "a lot" but it rained lightly all day yesterday and had random showers the previous days. Today I reviewed my flips on the driest piece of grass I could find. I'm still doing pretty well with them. Other than that, I just played on my trampoline. Too wet to do much in the grass. Tomorrow I'll try to go to the park even though the grass will be too muddy to go in. I'll just try to train around the more concrete areas I have. I noticed that my aerial technique and landings have really deteriorated since I started learning how to do other flips. Probably from not using it as often as I used to. I'll need to work on getting it back.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2015, 06:59:23 PM »
Went to the park and played around. My sideflip is getting pretty good. I was doing them over a ~5ft gap. My frontflip and backflip are also a lot better. Also learned how to do that frontflip vault thing that I said I wanted to learn, but it kind of hurts the palm of my hand when I do it.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2015, 08:05:51 PM »
Sooooo it rained.. Almost all week... It stopped yesterday, so I played around on the dry areas of my yard yesterday and today. Going to the park tomorrow. Everything is still going to be muddy, but I'll just wing it.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2015, 05:17:20 AM »
I did end up going to the park. I'm noticing that I'm getting a lot better overall, but I started messing up my sideflips. Tip: Your head position REALLY does matter. I noticed that if I tried to just look around when doing sideflips, I would land on my butt, but if I focused and looked forward I landed perfectly. Weird how such simple things can affect a move. Also, I learned a while ago, that looking up when going in a palm spin makes it a lot easier.

It's been raining since Sunday and it's going to rain until Friday. I'm gonna try to go to the park tomorrow anyways. I have a dentist appointment today, so I can't go today. Rain is just another obstacle, I guess... (Although it's an annoying, slippery, making-everything-muddy obstacle...)
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »
Stopped raining today. Moved my picnic table onto my driveway and trained vaults and cartwheels/aerials and stuff out of vaults. Played on trampoline.

Going to park tomorrow
And hopefully Sunday
And hopefully Monday, too.
And hopefully Tuesday, too.
It's gonna start raining again on Wednesday.

Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2015, 02:36:21 PM »
Since the rain has really been slowing down my training, I need to get some goals so that I'll know what I need to do.

GOALS:

Short Term:
Re-learn to B-twist again
Learn to Arabian
Get more comfortable with my front and side flip (working on this, and making good progress).
Re-learn how to reverse kong

Long Term:
Learn to Cheat Gainer
Learn to Cork
Get comfortable with Arabian, B-twist, and whatever other moves  I end up learning.
Get a lot more comfortable with some of the parkour specific moves, like tic tacs and stuff like that. I don't really have any places to train them, and I've been looking. So I want to find somewhere to do them and learn better. Need to do dive rolls on concrete and start training with rails. I've been training for a year and I'm still scared of standing on rails or jumping onto them... My rail balance isn't "bad" but it's pretty... uhh... nah, it's pretty bad. I can stay on it and walk, but very slowly, very carefully. And I still fall off a lot. Just need to practice :P

Once I get comfortable with a cork, I'll be pretty satisfied. I won't stop, of course, but I'll feel like I've made a lot of accomplishments.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2015, 03:28:32 PM »
What I ate today:
Two waffles with syrup and a glass of Cran-grape juice for breakfast
Nothing at lunch (I don't eat at school unless I bring a poptart)
When I got home:
A cashew and granola bar thingy
A banana
the last of my Cran-grape juice
After/during training:
Some OJ
Some gatorade stuff (it's pretty much water, I put wayyy under the recommended amount of powder)
For Dinner:
Some fried fish that I put in a salad
A single boiled mushroom and potato (my parents boiled shrimp and I hate shrimp... they put mushrooms and potatoes in the pot while they boil the shrimp so I eat those and whatever else)
the rest of my OJ
annd I opened another container of OJ for some more OJ
AND another banana
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2015, 07:46:00 PM »
Went to the park today and trained a bunch. Stuff was still wet, but eh. It was fun.
I'm still doing well with all of my flips. I started working on that video again, but I need more footage. The stuff I have kind of sucks, and it's all with the camera sitting in one spot. I might see about one of my friends filming for me.

What I ate:
Woke up at like 10:00am and quickly ate a banana and a poptart so I could go to the park.
I ate two pieces of fried chicken (cringes, don't judge me) and a cashew and granola bar for lunch.
I ate BBQ ribs with some green beans, broccoli, and sweet peas for supper.
Over the course of the day I also ate another banana, like 3-4 more granola bars (some were chocolate and some were the cashew ones)
I drank water, orange juice, and cran-grape juice as well as some Mio. (it's just some liquid stuff you squirt in water to give it flavor)
Oh, and I ate a bunch of peanuts. I eat the shells, too. I dunno if that's important.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
Sooo today.. I just refreshed on my vaults and flips, to make sure I could still do them all right. Not really that much to do around my house when it's all wet :P I did my best, though. Played on my trampoline and moved my picnic table right next to it and had fun with that. I tried to do a 360 dive roll from the table (which is a little lower) onto the trampoline with decent success :o I might try to learn how to 360 dive roll :D

Food:
I ate.. uhhh.. I know I had a banana (the last banana :'( ) and some cereal for breakfast, but I'm not sure what else
Lunch I had a salad and some chili with cheese in it
for dinner we had pizza. I ate 3 pretty small slices and an apple.
I also ate a poptart and a bunch of peanuts as well as 2-3 granola bars as snacks throughout the day.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2015, 05:47:02 PM »
Sooo I went to the park today. It was hot AS BALLS like holy shiet. It just turned hot, so I'm not used to it yet. I must've had 5 bottles of water...
I GOT MY STANDING SIDEFLIP :D I was so damn hyped. I also got my front flip with just one or two steps into it. I'm working on standing front flip. I might also learn how to do a wall flip. I'll be working on it, anyway. I think I can do it, I just need to find a spot of dry grass and a wall to do it it from.

Today I ate:
Pancakes for breakfast with a glass of OJ
a poptart for lunch
a shitton of bottles of water
2 granola bar things
a banana
an apple
and whatever else I eat tonight (I'll probably get a poptart or a granola bar or something)
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2015, 05:03:37 PM »
No I didn't learn how to do a wall flip, unfortunately.
But my standing sideflip is really good now.
And I'm pretty close to a standing frontflip
And I can sideflip over anything that isn't too above knee height or that wide.
And I've straightened out my backflip a lot (I was doing them and I kind of went to one side. I'm still not perfect, but it's getting there).
Which is what I've been working on the past few days. Someone also pointed out to me that when I was going for my backflip I was letting my knees go together, which can lead to ACL tears or some other nasty sounding stuff, so I fixed that.

anndd uhh
My diet is actually pretty much the same thing everyday..
I ate pancakes for breakfast
nothing for lunch today
a salad, some fried fish I dipped in bbq sauce and some french fries
I also ate a banana, an apple, a poptart, and a granola bar.
and a bunch of glasses of OJ and some gatorade stuffs.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2015, 03:39:14 PM »
REALLY close to a standing front now. I kind of reversed myself yesterday, and went for super far frontflips. I think I got to a little over 10 ft.

Today I worked on sideflip distance and got a bit farther. I was at the park so I was just vaulting over stuff and flipping wherever I could, so no real goal, but I did try to get my sideflip a bit farther.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYciQ3RP3ZU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYciQ3RP3ZU</a>
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.