Author Topic: "I'm Just Going For a Run"  (Read 12734 times)

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
Re: "I'm Just Going For a Run"
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
xD I doubt they'd fit you, I have pretty small feet. They fit better than I thought, but still too big.. The back kind of slips off sometimes.
I wore them all day today. Did a bit of training but now my feet feel sore. Did lots of precisions and strides on tree roots that stick out of the ground.
Live Free, Run Free
Don't go beyond your boundaries, expand them.
Never stop playing.

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 06:15:11 PM »
yeah your feet will get use to it, im just now starting barefoot training.
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 07:52:31 PM »
I hope  :P It's day ~6 of feiyue/barefoot training and my shins haven't bothered me at all except today when I was standing on the bar of a desk (the one that's supposed to be a really cold arm rest) and went to do a kong into my desk (next to it).. A move I'd done at least 50 times before, but this time my feiyues kind of had too much grip and the desk flew behind me into the doorway and my shins smacked the overturned desk... Thankfully there was only one other person in the class, but it was absolutely hilarious...
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »
Did mostly standing aerial practice today because they felt "too easy" and I decided to video myself doing one and it looked more like a b-kick (which explains the easiness). Sooo long story short I worked my ass off to fix it with pretty good results  :D
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2014, 07:43:30 PM »
Went to the park(and area around it) yesterday and the day before and had a lot of fun.. Learned how to do that lazy vault to kind of backwards lazy vault type of thing. It was pretty easy once I figured out it was just swinging your legs behind you and infront of you  :P On the less bright side my feiyue los chaffed against my pinkie toe a lot and I got a huge blister so I have to wear a bandaid or I can't wear shoes.. Also my feet were sore which I assume was just because I wasn't used to wearing minimalist shoes. All better now except for the inch of missing skin on my toe..
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 09:32:56 PM »
Soooo.. they opened up a new park a few days ago and I went yesterday. There are soooo many bars O_o Like, they're everywhere. It's not even a parkour park, just a public, kids' park. And the bars probably take up half the playground. There're also wooden posts (the thick kind that you can stride across) only about 6 of my feet (~9.5 inches) away from each other so I finally get to train precise striding and stuff like that. THERE'S EVEN A SAND PIT!! I know exactly where I'm learning flips :D As might be obvious, I trained at the park for several hours and now my hands are kind of messed up :P At least I have thanksgiving tomorrow so I can heal up...

((haven't been updating in this because I've pretty much just been practicing things I already know to get back to where I was. Going to start lifting again (blegh..) and running longer so that I'll be ready for the New Orleans jam next friday ;D))
On the bright side, literally NO shin problems at all. Feiyues are love, feiyues are life. I do have a little bit of a problem with them chafing against my pinkie toe, but it's mostly better now. I had to stop training with shoes for about a week because I got a big blister on my left pinkie toe which I then proceeded to accidentally rip off doing a dive vault.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline SebastianCannon

• Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Libertas in Motus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2014, 06:49:49 AM »
that park sounds awesome. Aren't feiyues awesome? I haven't been wearing mine because there is snow and nearly negative tempatures here in minnesota. And also great no more shin problems, mine have healed as well!
$Eb@$+!@N C@nN0n-Team Leader of the Flomads

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 06:54:44 PM »
It is  ;D I finally really got my front tuck today. It's amazing what a sand pit and a bunch of people around you can do to your confidence. Once I didn't land the first one right I felt pretty dumb so I kind of forced myself to jump high and tuck hard and I landed it in the sand   8) Then I took it to the grass and got pretty okay results. I was landing on my feet and with my hands by my sides on the ground. Once I can get myself to untuck a little bit sooner so that I land on my feet without my hands I'll be good.
And yeah, feiyues are awesome! Good grip, light, flexible, and really comfy. And they kinda solved my shin problems  :D It'd suck to wear them up there though. It never gets that cold here.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 05:53:12 AM »
Went to a jam saturday and played until 2:30 when i had to go. Was pretty worn out, so I slept for the rest of the day. For the week prior to the jam I pretty much did nothing because I'd messed up my foot doing front tucks. Fortunately it was healed by time the jam came around. So, I've been practicing front flip recently and plan to try to perfect it and move onto back hand spring and then back flips. Maybe go for cheat gainer and then corks after? :o Or maybe relearn the b-twist..
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
Yesterday I trained front flips onto a mattress and made HUGE progress. I can actually land on my feet with no hands on the ground anything. I haven't tried on the ground yet, because I kinda feel a bit of pain in my left shin. Probably because I'm not used to the impacts of front flips yet. I also kind of smacked my foot on the mattress too hard or something because it exploded in pain on the inner top part and a little in the arches similar to what I had about a week ago, but it doesn't hurt anymore, so I'm probably okay. I went to my church for an interview with the Father for confirmation stuff but he had a wedding so I just trained for an hour until my mom picked me up. I did a lot of rail flips and kong to precisions and striding from parking concrete thing to parking concrete thing. Yeah :P Now I'm about to go eat pizza XD WOO
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 09:02:01 PM »
Yesterday I tried to get back into building some more muscle. I did 2 sets of:
15 reps of full squats w/ 80lbs
~8 reps of presses w/ 80lbs (Not sure what to call them, it's kind of like hold the bar chest high and extend arms above head without jumping or anything.)
30 reps of climb ups.
10 reps of lunges w/ 80lbs
10 pull ups (unweighted)
20 dips
90 secs of L sits (not all at once, over about 5 mins)
I was supposed to run, but I didn't.. merp...

This is what I'm going to try to do Sundays and Thursday:
Warm up (of course)
2 sets of
1-2 mile/s
2 Push (arm stuff: Pushup variations, dips, presses)
2 Pull (Other arm stuff: pullups, wall pull ups, rows)
2 Core (Crunches, L sits, leg raises, crunchy froggies)
2 Leg (Weighted full squats, weighted lunges, sprinting)
Shin and Calf Exercises (even though I do these daily)
2 "Multiples" (I just called them that, it's basically exercises that work more than one part of the body so like burpees to climb ups, climb ups, dead lifts, etc etc etc)
And then Cool Down.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2014, 09:11:58 PM »
Today all I did was a bunch of vault training. I ran around my yard and generally had fun with my picnic table. Reviewed all the vaults I knew and it seems I forgot how to reverse kong push. I didn't "forget" but the times I tried it it was really sloppy. I worked on my reverse vault a looootttt.. My reverse vault it pretty bad too. (Basically any vault I can't nail over my green picnic table is bad :P) I can do it on smaller things and rails, but I can't get it over wider stuff which bugs me. My reverse kong is okay, just it's... not good enough? I dunno, it doesn't meet my standards.
I haven't trained front tucks in a while because my left knee kind of hurts when I do pretty much anything other than sit. It doesn't hurt really bad but I'd rather let it rest than screw something up in it. Also I had a bit of shin pain, but it's passed for now. Maybe Thursday I'll start working on mastering my front flip  ;D
Tomorrow I have to do an interview with the Father at my church (because last time he had to attend a wedding or a funeral.. I don't know which.) so I'll probably try to stay at the church afterwards and play around. I've been practicing my rail flip vault thing a good bit, so I might work on it some more as well.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2014, 06:50:09 AM »
trained pretty much all day yesterday at my school. Didn't get kicked out! I stacked up a lot of tires and made bit of a playground.  :D Practiced doing aerials onto concrete and off of the tires and stuffs. Today I'm doing weights and body weight stuffs.. Going to build muscle.
Probably going to do:
Two-Three sets (depending on how I feel) of
x10 80lb over head presses (I think that's what it's called)
x15 80lb full squats
10 pullups (more if I can, I want to max out arm strength)
15 climb ups (maybe more depending on how I feel)
a bunch of crunches, I'm not sure how many. I need to work on abs so if anyone has any tips for more difficult ab exercises that'd be great.
probably some situps with a text book in my arms
If I can find a spot to do muscle ups I'll start working on those.
one arm pushup practice (I might end up getting a couple of good ones, I've been doing better, but I still  can't do it with my legs close together)
row variations
going to try to learn how to do some of the more difficult things.
run ~1 mile, maybe more, not less
dogen's titanium ankles stuff (as always)
burpee like thing where I jump up to my picnic table, squat, jump down, diamond pushup
80lb deadlifts (I've never really done deadlifts but I heard they're good. I might need more weight because when I tried them they were really easy with 80lbs)
more stuff whenever I think of it.

Edit: Also dips o-o

Edit 2: It started raining so all I really got to do was one set of presses, squats, climbups, pullups, dips, and deadlifts. I'll have to redo this tomorrow but I think it's going to rain again. I might bring my weights somewhere not wet and do my squats/lunges, presses, and dead lifts. I do need a lot more weight for the dead lifts to really be of much use, because I can probably do well over 30 deadlifts with 80lbs. Presses are really hard for me and I can only manage ~5 before I have to rest, and I can do all 15 squats easily. I really need to work on upper body strength, and maybe get some more weights. The problem is, my arms are so weak I can barely get the weights over my head and onto my shoulders to do squats, so with more weight it'd be impossible :'( I'm going to try to work presses and arm strength stuff a lot, because this is pretty sad... I have gotten a lot better, though. I used to struggle with 60lbs, so maybe after a few weeks I can move up to 100lbs. I might start doing weights 3 times a week to speed it up.
Onn the bright side, I'm getting a trampoline for Christmas :D Now to learn all the flips!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:57:46 PM by C.Bourque »
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 05:57:26 PM »
Soooo basically it's been really rainy recently. Yesterday and today it didn't rain but it was really wet so all I did was play around a little bit and do a little weights and exercise. I had this long, solid stick in my closet (no homo) kind of like a staff so I took it outside onto the concrete and spun it around and stuff and yeah. It was fun xP I did one handed cartwheels and a few aerials with it in my hand. My trampoline was supposed to be coming in yesterday so I could set it up while it was dry, but it didn't show up until late this afternoon. Unfortunately it's going to rain tonight, tomorrow, and all of tomorrow afternoon, so I'll probably have to wait until wednesday to set it up and thursday to actually get to use it. AAAnnnddd then it's going to rain friday or saturday x/ That's Louisiana for you...
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »
Finally put up a picture on APK forums 8)
It rained all day today (like I said it would) so I did some pistol squats and played around on my furniture whenever my parents weren't looking. I did some handstands as well and got a pretty good time. I've gotten a lot better at holding them. Didn't get to set up trampoline today, maybe tomorrow. It's not so much the problem that it rains, it's more that after it rains, since it's cold winter, it takes a week to dry up. It's going to rain again on friday, saturday, and sunday... *Sigh* Louisiana... I'm moving to California or Texas or something once I'm older... Actually, California, because Tempest Academy  :D
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 10:03:15 PM »
Put up the trampoline today. It. Is. Awesome. I practiced front flips and backflips until I was sick. Grass was too muddy to do anything but jump on the trampoline, so that's pretty much all I did. I actually can do backflips (on the trampoline) pretty well, and I'm working on perfecting my techniques for whenever it (finally) dries up.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2014, 05:00:08 PM »
Anyways, in the past 6 days I've been playing around on the trampoline whenever it's not raining. I went to the school today hoping to find the wrestling room unlocked so I could practice flips on the squishy foam floor, but it was locked. Eh. I ended up training and playing around from 9:00am-1:00pm. Had a lot of fun at the school and learned that trees were a lot more awesome than I'd originally thought (and I'd already loved trees). I learned how to turn around when swinging on bars (or tree branches). Well, I'd already known how to do it and had done it before, but I got better at it... I guess... Worked on rail flow and I think I'm pretty good at it. It's fun anyway.
Since it's been about a year since I started training I'm thinking about making a 10-20 minute video of my progress and where I am now, compared to where I started.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 06:37:34 PM by C.Bourque »
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 07:48:52 PM »
Soooo this past week I've: Been to the park for training twice, gotten a lot of rain, played on my trampoline, and started school again. I also went to a church in this public area/park thing and there was this amazing spot I trained at for a while before I had to go. Decided to try and post up some goals and work towards them:

This Month:
10+ second handstand. I'm currently at ~5 secs
Backflip
Frontflip
Master the rail flip/spring (I can do it, just not all that well on higher objects).
Relearn the B-twist

Next Six Months:
Planche progressions
30+ second handstand
20+ pullups (I read on the forums that someone else was trying to do this, so I figured I'll go for it as well)
5 muscle ups (If I can find a place to do them, there are no sturdy bars around where I live, but I know a spot I can try if I can convince my parents to let me go. I don't really know how hard muscle ups really are, so 5 is just a temporary guess to what I want to be able to do)
5 One handed pushups per arm with feet about mid spread, or just not as wide as I am doing them now (I can do ~2 right now, with feet spread pretty wide)
Find a decent gymnastics gym
Corkscrew and cheat gainer, hopefully
Find new spots.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.

Offline Russell Wilkie

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »
Hello C. Bourque! Just wanted to stop by and say I admire your dedication towards training!

A lot of your goals seem to be similar to the ones I had last year/are currently my goals for this year. Hope you reach your goals and am looking forward to the progression videos if you plan on doing them.

Offline C.Bourque

• Patas
  • Never stop playing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »
Thanks!  ;D
I tried filming some stuff for the video but I kind of messed it up because I had this idea to run from spot to spot, training like 30 secs, then moving, all without stopping filming once. It was nice in my head, but half the time I set the camera down in a hurry and missed half of the stuff I did  :( I'm going to try again tomorrow, if it doesn't rain.
Live Free, Run Free
Never stop playing.