Author Topic: Hotspots in Minnesota  (Read 22590 times)

Offline NoowbieJumpsLik3Me

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Hotspots in Minnesota
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2009, 09:01:36 AM »
i was @ the global midtown market eating and realized there's a lot of good structure around there; the parking garage, the parking lot, the bus station, the handrails...i haven't ACTUALLY run there but it looks pretty bomb, maybe we could check it out sometime

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=syS6kIL7dvUPIthHo1CJWQ%3d%3d&longitude=i5duzJPmk76v3V5wRPApKg%3d%3d&name=Midtown%20Global%20Market&country=US&address=920%20E%20Lake%20St&city=Minneapolis&state=MN&zipcode=55407&phone=612%2d872%2d4041&spurl=0&&q=midtown%20global%20market&qc=Food%20Markets

i would be happy to make that my frist run...if someone can come with me... do u mind i live like a good mile away i can run there an day of the week b4 the 26...then i gota go work...

Offline fuBballer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2009, 09:46:50 PM »
Hey all,
I am a traceur from Seattle, WA planning a trip to your area from October 12 through October 25th. I've been looking into the parkour scene in Minneapolis/St. Paul and Eden Prairie area (where i'll be staying) which sounds pretty active. I'm looking forward to meeting as many local traceurs to the area and do some 'hardcore parkour'!!!

Please let me know when/where whatever scheduled jams will be going on while i'm there and if any of you may be interested to get together for an impromptu session(s). On a scale from 1 to 10 (David Bell as a 10 and Steve Carell being a 1) I would say that i'm a 3 possibly a 4 on a good day : ) Cheers!

Brian
(503) 504-6182
bsallay@gmail.com

MeKa360

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2009, 05:34:28 AM »
Dont i have to be a student  of the U of M   to be on the property?

lol  im like 15   and if   i go there,  idk   what will happen

Offline Nicholas Schiebel

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2009, 06:29:54 AM »

Run so fast that they can't tell your age.
Integrity First Service Before Self Excellence in All We Do
Into The Blue

MeKa360

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2009, 03:48:42 PM »

Run so fast that they can't tell your age.

intresting,  lol  but most people  who guess my age   usually thought i was like 17-19
so  maybe that might be a advantage.

Offline Skinny

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Owner of Fight or Flight Academy in Edina MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2009, 03:52:58 PM »
No, you do not have to be a student to be on the property.  It is a state school and therefore open to everyone to use/be on.  They do however have the right to ask whomever they want to leave the campus property.  So as always, be respectful and you shouldn't have any problems
MNPK - Covered in snow most of the year but the ground is always lava

Minnesota's first parkour and freerunning gym www.fightorflightacademy.com

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2009, 06:20:18 AM »
Hey all,
I am a traceur from Seattle, WA planning a trip to your area from October 12 through October 25th. I've been looking into the parkour scene in Minneapolis/St. Paul and Eden Prairie area (where i'll be staying) which sounds pretty active. I'm looking forward to meeting as many local traceurs to the area and do some 'hardcore parkour'!!!

Please let me know when/where whatever scheduled jams will be going on while i'm there and if any of you may be interested to get together for an impromptu session(s). On a scale from 1 to 10 (David Bell as a 10 and Steve Carell being a 1) I would say that i'm a 3 possibly a 4 on a good day : ) Cheers!

Brian
(503) 504-6182
bsallay@gmail.com
What scale??? what?????

Offline chinoto

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »
I suggested this in the Fall Jams thread, but its better suited here: Take a picture of where the common meeting places are and attach it to the first post.

"You want to move in such a way that will help you gain the most ground as if escaping/chasing someone/something." "If you go from A to B, you should be able to get back from B to A" David Belle

Offline Will Ahlberg

• Mangabey
  • If you pursue, your body will deliver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 08:29:43 PM »
West Hills, the old orphanage, in owatonna minnesota is a great hotspot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n2UopnewRY this is a fun vid that my frend chris and i made. it doesnt show all the spots there, but it has a few.The place is perfect. There are like little training spots scattered throughout the campus. one of the best areas is the spot that is at 0:19 in the vid. u gotta pause it cuz it goes by fast lol. The only catch is that u gotta go on weekends cuz on weekdays the place is packed. we have tried to train there on weekdays, but got kicked off.
[img width= height=]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3039/unigorillaface01copy1.jpg[/img]     6'5"  210 lbs

John Amos

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
For anybody in the Eagan area, I would strongly recommend the dakota county public library! it's great! it has a wide range of obstacles that can be used for all types of training!

John Amos

« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »
if you wear a pair of light padded windbreaker pants, the snow makes a great cushioning for flips off of stuff. it's great for those certain flips you want to perfect!

Offline KoiOfTW

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 12:18:59 PM »
Anyone try the old Buzza building in Uptown? Not a whole lot there but its a neat spot
Sanity is for the weak
- Koi

Offline Jake Lessin

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2011, 10:23:20 AM »
Anyone know of any hotspots in the Grand Rapids area?

Offline FindYourFlow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »
No so good with all this snow but here are afew places I've been.

Coon Rapids - Coon Creek Park

Elk River - Lion's Park (or so I've heard that's what it's called since I never read the sign) It also has a skate park that me and my friends used to run on and also gym equpiment around a running track. Like parellel bars and what-not)

Princeton - Mark Park, Princeton South & North Elementary Schools. Also the middle school is a ground level building so it's easy to wall climb upon. It also has a wall to hide the truck ramp that's pretty thick and it's a foot away from the wall of the school. I once did afew kartwheels through the space. Scary as hell trying not to get stuck but I always had fun running there.

Cops are a b***h at the scools though. Not so tough at the parks.

Egan - Gleason's gymnasium. Twelve dollars for afew hours but it's indoors and they have alot of equipment to use. Also have instructors. Check their website for their open gym hours.