Author Topic: Hotspots in Minnesota  (Read 22622 times)

Offline CeeGrie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Hotspots in Minnesota
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »
We're about to need some St. Paul spots, I was in our sister city today, and thought I might look for a few of them.  Needless to say, I got very lost.  I hate that citiy's streets.  > : (

Central HS: http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl

This the kind of stuff you're looking for?

I'm not too sure about any of the hights :P
i used to go to School there!!! they redid the steps recently and it would be way fun to play.. (after hours otherwise they will freak out and call the police)  also bandana square is a fun place too!
its off lexington just north of the pierce butler route

Offline CeeGrie

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 07:13:15 PM »
Hameline College (on snelling and englewood in the Midway) is amazing absolutely AMAZING its like 5 or six square blocks of low walls and rails and staircases and high walls and everything you could possibly need or want.. it is so fun i love playing there.  it is the best spot ive been in St. Paul.

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 08:48:51 AM »
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=West+hills+owatonna&jsv=107&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.371738,71.015625&ie=UTF8&ll=44.088799,-93.240264&spn=0.002185,0.004334&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr
I scouted out this place with my sisters boyfriend who is on my team and it is amazing. There is a place to practice almost every skill needed in parkour. I was hoping to be able to play around on a fountain area that would have been awesome for so many things, but they some of it down in the last couple of months.

Offline Grant (LOTRFreak993)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:55 PM »
NEW HOT SPOT: It is at the Junior High in Owatonna I will be making a video soon with this location with my new HD camcorder. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvZ4s_M_UgI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yvZ4s_M_UgI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Offline neardn

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
i live in the st louis park area and i know a couple good places and in downtown hopkins theres some

Offline parkerbb2

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 06:00:12 AM »
yea the U of M is pretty good and thanks for tellinjg me about the library. ;D
Run Free Or Die Hard

Offline ColdAir

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2008, 09:15:20 PM »
Hey. I'm trying to learn. I dont know if there are any pros in MN, but i'm very eager to learn. Does anyone teach?

Offline chinoto

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2008, 12:23:59 PM »
Is there anywhere to do parkour during the winter near Brooklyn Park/Minneapolis? Preferably somewhere that is free or atleast very cheap and I can't get in trouble. (I climbed ontop of a strip mall and then when I came down a cop was there . . .)

Could we get all the locations piled into the first post.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 12:28:32 PM by chinoto »

"You want to move in such a way that will help you gain the most ground as if escaping/chasing someone/something." "If you go from A to B, you should be able to get back from B to A" David Belle

Offline Missa Simmer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »
Cops= not fun... though if you climb around on some abandoned buildings, it is still illegal but they don't seem to care as much so they are a lot less likely to show up.
I'm not suggesting you go an do this, of course! (even though it's really fun!)

EDIT: This sort of stuff falls under the category of Urban Exploration, not Parkour.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 10:41:55 AM by Missa Simmer »

Offline Skinny

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Owner of Fight or Flight Academy in Edina MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »
Looks like I'm going to have to throw this one out.  There is no reason to go on roofs.  It is illegal in most situations and there is usually more stuff to do on ground level than on a roof, especially when first starting out.  I know it's tempting because you see a lot of videos with roof stuff in it, but most of those people (at least the good videos) have been training for years and years and it becomes the next obstacle to conquer. 

Now, if you still want to climb on roofs and explore abandoned buildings, call it something else.  There has been a lot of effort to give parkour and good name and a couple trespassing fines attached with parkour does not help that cause.
MNPK - Covered in snow most of the year but the ground is always lava

Minnesota's first parkour and freerunning gym www.fightorflightacademy.com

MeKa360

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 06:44:34 AM »
hey is there any good spots   in the midway area    to like rondo library    on university, and dale st

or within like a 7 mile radius  of that area

MeKa360

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 05:39:09 AM »
i found a good spot

como elementry

it has a cool playground  where you can do a variety of moves   and tricks    and stuff   :)
but i wouldn't go there on a school day    kinda  weird 

Offline Missa Simmer

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 09:23:19 PM »
The Oneka elementary school playground in Hugo has a lot of good equipment to train on, so it's a good place for people who live a bit north of the cities.
My favorite bit of equipment there is a 15 ft tall metal pyramid with a rope web in the middle. :)

Offline Carcass

• Patas
  • MNPK: Duluth
    • View Profile
    • Artist & Art Educator Clark Anderson
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »
The beautiful city of Duluth Minnesota's hot spots (that are founded so far)

University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD): Medical School, Greenhouse Courtyard, Giggs Dorms, Voss Kovach Hall, Solon Campus Center Roof, Kirby Center, Side Entrance to the Food Court, Channel 8 Building, etc.
St. Scholastica: Pretty much everywhere, also if you're lucky and a spot is open you can park your car right next to the chancellor's whip.
Canal Park: Little Angies Rail System, Duluth Pack 10 Stair, The Pier, Shark Wall (named because it's great, white, and usually rips your arms to hell).
Leif Erickson Park: Sculptures, Statues, Ledges, and Picnic Tables.

Just to name a few... if you ever decide to come up and train, give me some heads up.

Carcass
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost (1920)

Offline PogoKid

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • I Pogo Stick ,Free run, and Hacky Sack
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »
Me and my friends went and trained at a place called French Park today, there was lots of cool stuff to practice on.  Anyone who lives close to Plymouth should definitely check it out if you haven't been there in a while.
I just wanna fly

Offline Adam Reimnitz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Sioux Falls Traceur
    • View Profile
U of M Campus Parkour Spots
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2009, 10:55:56 AM »
Hey Guys, I just made a random website and I am in the process of creating a comprehensive map of all the best parkour spots.  Feel free to browse the map and hopefully you'll check out the fun spots. 

http://breaksomestuff.weebly.com/parkour-spots.html

Thanks everybody.

~Breaksomestuff
~Adam
University Parkour and Free Running Enthusiasts
Former President     UMN-TC

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »
i'm liking the map breaksomestuff; i started to check it out, but i left a few of the spots untapped-myself and a few friends might be heading to the u fairly soon and although i know the campus fairly well, i always enjoy discovering new spots. maybe we'll see you around there (?) though i know school is out

Alpharius120

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 03:25:16 PM »
There's a town called Waterville right near Faribault that basically consists of low buildings. I've run there a couple times and as far as I could tell nobody really cared. The low buildings are all in the town though.
Also, in Waterville, there's an area called Kamp Dells that's quite good for running as well.

Don't go on roofs though. That's no fun. And the people no likey.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 03:38:46 PM by Alpharius120 »

Offline FMRunner

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 11:21:59 AM »
Nice work with the map of the U of M breaksomestuff..might have to swing through there sometime soon and check em out

Offline Nicholas Schiebel

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 06:14:03 AM »
We're about to need some St. Paul spots, I was in our sister city today, and thought I might look for a few of them.  Needless to say, I got very lost.  I hate that citiy's streets.  > : (

Central HS: http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl

This the kind of stuff you're looking for?

I'm not too sure about any of the hights :P
i used to go to School there!!! they redid the steps recently and it would be way fun to play.. (after hours otherwise they will freak out and call the police)  also bandana square is a fun place too!
its off lexington just north of the pierce butler route

If you'll excuse me for a sec...

"Onward Central, onward Central!
We're so proud of you..."

lol, go Minutemen.

Anyways, spots that I know of in St. Paul include:
Hancock Rec center, it's right across Snelling from Hamline University.
On the corner of Hamline and West Minnehaha is Horton park, a wonderfully small place filled with trees and cement structures.
Follow Hamline to Peirce Butler and you'll find a nice and large, rusty metal, foot bridge, crossing the tracks.

I'll post google map links later, it's not working for me right now.
Integrity First Service Before Self Excellence in All We Do
Into The Blue