Author Topic: New to parkour (little rock area)  (Read 2173 times)

Offline KevDru

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New to parkour (little rock area)
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:44:33 PM »
Hello, I am new to parkour. I'm from Jacksonville/little rock area and I'm looking for some people to train with and help me get back into shape. I met a few people on here and only one is currently willing to help but I'm trying get in shape first.. Can anyone please give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline GregR

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: New to parkour (little rock area)
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 09:28:27 AM »
I am in my mid 40's and admittedly a bit out of shape and overweight.  My son is about to turn 7.  We are both about to start teaching ourselves Parkour.  I have been looking for someone with some experience to train with and learn this discipline.  Even someone with 1 days worth of experience is more than we have.  If you are intrested we would love to have someone to meet up with even from time to time.  We will probably just be using the city Parks in Jacksonville for now.

Since I am out of shape and having to work on my weight, the next 2 weeks we shall be working on some VERY basic things.   Right now we are going to be doing push-ups, sit-ups, and LOTS of running.  I figure to keep it interesting and start the journey into the Parkour movements we will probably be starting on proper rolls and safety vaults too.  That way it doesn't seem like it is just another exercise regimen, but actually working toward Parkour.

Right now with us not having a mentor I am pouring over tutorials on YouTube and web sites to get a good grasp of basics.  I am keeping a journal and trying to apply my best understanding of what I already know from previous athletic experiences (wrestling, karate, running, weight lifting, military physical fitness, etc.) both in instruction and learning to piece together a workable program for us.  I am not an expert nor a certified parkour instructor by any means, but I have doable goals.

Let me know if you are interested and I shall send you dates / times / and places.