Author Topic: Sputnik's progress journal  (Read 2033 times)

Offline sputnik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Sputnik's progress journal
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:59:28 AM »
Mainly going to use this journal for parkour specific progress, but here is a quick run down of non-parkour weekly activities:

bicycling -25 miles average (more when it stops being wet and rainy, right now I just basically commute to work)
dance class - 3 hours
jog - 3-5 miles (want to do more but currently it's wet & rainy)
yoga - 1hrs
calisthenics (basically several reps of push ups, squats, inverted rows, plank, and whatever other thing I feel like doing) - 6 days a week

Parkour progress:
precision jump: distance about 5'6".  (4' if to rail... though not above 3ft heigh as I still have fear issues)
kong progression: consistently landing on top of box, occasionally make it over but sloppy landing.
speed vault: not consistently and not above waist height.
balancing on rails pretty good, but not quadrapedal. Not sure how to document progress.

Offline sputnik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Sputnik's progress journal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
played lava tag at my parkour gym, which I am going to say counts for training (even if I spent half the time watching the other players, I was there for over 2 hours). Also worked on bars a bit, trying to get flow with my transitions also someone taught me a cool way to spin through a small window... not sure if it is a move or anything but it was using my arm positions and body movement to rotate rather than muscle so it was pretty cool. Jogged home (1.5 miles or so).

Offline sputnik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:06:22 PM »
Weekend class. Focus was turn vaults also precision rolls. Need to get faster on the flow over vaults and also not use back leg for leverage on tall vaults when doing step vault. Rolls went fine. Independently worked on quadropedal balancing... getting better, can balance okay on parking divider. Also practiced precision jumps with a (small, foot or 2) drop... for some reason these are a mental block, not sure how to deal with the extra momentum from the drop.

Offline sputnik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 11:07:31 AM »
Had a bad cold that derailed training, went on Thursday to class but managed to do something to my ankle and shoulder... probably shouldn't have done more on Sunday but I did. My in class performance was pretty wimpy (no power at all) and my kong attempts sucked more than usual. Ankle is fine (it just bent a bit more than it should when I landed a precision to rail badly), but shoulder is still wonky. Initial pulled/twisted it when doing a flip descent from ledge, really not sure what or how I hurt it. No bruising/swelling so just taking it easy. Still frustrated as I was just starting to make some solid progress and now feel like I have stepped back.

Offline sputnik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:25:29 AM »
tried out the strength & mobility class at parkour gym. Primarily we worked on squats and a lot of focus on form. Once I got form down did squats with 20lb weight, 3 sets of 10/8/6. Also learned I have been doing planks all wrong, and here I had thought I had them down!

shoulder is better, instructor was great at suggestion light exercises and getting me to roll it out.

Offline sputnik

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 05:37:51 PM »
Not been training :(, ended up re-injuring my right shoulder practicing jumping from height and catching myself on a bar (sorry I am not really sure what things are called) early last week , so think I need to rest and the build up some strength there or this is going to be a occurring issue. The muscles seem fine as I don't have less strength in that shoulder/arm and range of motion is there, it just hurts like hell if I lay on a hard surface (any pressure on shoulder blade) or get my shoulder jostled from walking & such, so possibly I pinched a nerve. Kinda sucks not to be able to train though.

Offline Lekert

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »
Had a bad cold that derailed training, went on Thursday to class but managed to do something to my ankle and shoulder... probably shouldn't have done more on Sunday but I did. My in class performance was pretty wimpy (no power at all) and my kong attempts sucked more than usual. best weight loss product is here waiting for the keto slim diet to work Ankle is fine (it just bent a bit more than it should when I landed a precision to rail badly), but shoulder is still wonky. Initial pulled/twisted it when doing a flip descent from ledge, really not sure what or how I hurt it. No bruising/swelling so just taking it easy. Still frustrated as I was just starting to make some solid progress and now feel like I have stepped back.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:32:16 AM by Lekert »