Author Topic: Girl Parkour Clothes?  (Read 30699 times)

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Re: Girl Parkour Clothes?
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
yes yes id like to get some girl stuff soon!!!!
*Always Believe*

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 04:56:06 PM »
Design contest?  Yes?  Helloooooooo :)
*Always Believe*

Offline Skye

• Ambassador
  • Mangabey
  • o.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 05:04:29 PM »
Ok- Let's harass M2 so we can get the contest up and running  ;)

Ya hear that M2? Get your butt down here and get things ready! please o.0

:P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 07:18:05 PM by A-SkyfiOriginal »
ME:  "I'm a graphic artist."
HIM: "whats that? What do you do?"
ME:   "well actually it can be pretty hard, i have to  code and..." (getting all technical with my words on what i do."
HIM:  "blank Stare"
ME: "I make pretty pictures..."

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
Seriously. :)
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Courtney

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »
The contacting of M2 is innnn process :thumbsup:
*Always Believe*

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2011, 11:28:24 PM »
Awesome.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 08:01:02 AM »
I'm here - where's the designs? :P

This is something I KEEP talking about-  I really WANT to offer girls a design / shirt / sweats that GIRLS LIKE. That is what's important is that it's a design and style that you like and will use and feel good wearing.

So, here's my idea - let's have a design contest - it can be anything from a napkin sketch to a fully illustrated rendering - for what you would want on a T_shirt / Hoodie (if you want a hoodie) / sports bra? / Tank Top? / Sweats.

Which of these things would be most useful for you?

We had some womens' shirts in the past and they literally sat on the shelves for 2 years - APK is simply too small to do that again right now :)

How about if we run it like threadless? We'll take the designs and have a vote (strictly women only) and then if we get 25 pre-orders we'll make them.

Sorry for the random and scattered thoughts - but here's the deal, we need a great design on a great product that you want!

Let's say designs due by the end of March. Go!!

10PU

Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 11:03:55 PM »
Sounds good M2.

I actually just moved to a new house so I haven't worked on the designs I have started. Time to finish them then. :)

T-Shirts, Tank Top/Wife Beater, Hoodies, Sweats are whats useful to me.

The threadless idea sounds great honestly.

:) Time to get working.

Offline Katherine Mercy B

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • DarkasNight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2011, 07:34:02 AM »
What would girls like to see? We have had styles and sizes for girls before and unfortunately ended up giving most of it away at Primal since girls simply weren't buying stuff. We'd be happy to have girls in APK gear!! So what do you want?
Thanks!

women's take and wife beaters with some freeform fluid pattern on it

sweats and pants designed for women who are on the move

gloves maybe... i don't know

Offline Katherine Mercy B

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • DarkasNight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:49 AM »
on the subject of where to look, occassionally the "title 9" womens clothing company has some decent stuff... but is more for jogging/swiming/surfing , but they have great sports bras and such for women on the move...

oh i like the hoodies idea as well, maybe we could all chip in with designs, not just as a contest but have the women think up what they like ...

Offline Linda Watters

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
Yet again, I'm coming to the conversation at little late, but here's my two cents.

I've got big boobs and a little waist. When I go upside-down, I don't want my cleavage flashing out from the neckline nor do I want my shirt to fall down around my head, exposing my mid-drift and a more! When I buy a typical man's t-shirt, I have to get one big enough to go over the boobs and then I have all this extra fabric hanging straight down from my boobs that I get all tangled up in. Of course, it's too loose and when I end up upside-down, hello! The world can see what my momma gave me!

My current solution is to wear a women's tank top (the ever popular beater) with a crew neck. No v-necks please!! I'm usually taking these in at the shoulder to make the necklines more modest. I buy the cheapest sweat pants I can find at outlet and liquidation stores because I know I'm going to trash them.

So, in a nutshell, the perfect Girl Parkour Clothes for me are:

- Tops that are body skimming to prevent tangled wardrobe injuries (please, no 100% cotton, give me some stretch)

- Modest necklines for mixed gender training (I will NOT be training in just my sports-bra top any time soon)

- Reasonably priced!!! Please axe the gender tax and sell me my clothes at the same prices the boys pay. Seriously, I'm just out to train and sweat in this stuff. Not gonna pay $29.99 for a flipping shirt, even if it does have a "cool" logo.

- Although I HATE yoga pants, I do like their wider waistbands that actually comes up to my natural waist. Low rise is not really suitable, in my opinion, for parkour. A yoga/sweat pant hybrid with a wider waist band and no drawstring would be cool (...wait a minute, I sew, I can actually make that...) For the gals who prefer low rise, they can just fold down the waist bands.

- Colour, as yes, color...can't help you there. I'm into natural fall colours however, I do appreciate the brighter, find-my-body-sooner colours. (I'm still a beginner and worry about these things)

Hope that helps. :)

Trust the Ground, the Ground will always catch you.

Offline Jennifer

• Guenons
  • loves parkour
    • View Profile
    • Corpus Christi Parkour
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »
I have a bony little spine, and I hate, hate, big hate it when I'm doing crunches or other exercises that put me on my back and that little metal clip of my bra strap is cutting into me each time I lay back. Ouch! It gets so annoying sometimes that I actually unclip my bra, but then I have to either cross my arms across my chest or pin the sides of the bra to my sides with them if I want to remain somewhat modest.

I wish I had a bra that was super supportive and had a clip that didn't dig into my spine when I put weight on it on concrete. It could be on the front of the bra, between the breasts, or on the back but with extra padding between it and my skin...either way would be fine. I used to have several bras that were underwire and clipped in the front, but lately, I haven't been able to find any that fit well. :( Anyone selling parkour clothes to women should at least link to good bras for parkour, IMO, and for me, sports bras just don't cut it.

As to shirts/pants, I usually prefer black. I can also go for grey, red, or brown.  I would absolutely not, in a million years, purchase pink clothes to train in. I just bought a kickin' new hat in lime green, and could see buying stuff to go with it, but I wouldn't choose lime green for just everyday wear.

I like my shirts to be tight fitting for various reasons. They don't catch on things as easily; if I get overheated, I can expose my midriff and the shirt will just sit that way; and they don't bunch up and look or feel weird when I'm sliding into my backpack. And I like the look of them, too. I don't care about the necklines, so far as they're not too low.

Pants can have more leeway, IMO. I would actually like some nice, flowy pants that didn't quite reach the ground when I was barefoot, or that maybe had a bit of elastic at the ankle to hold them in place. That would provide complete freedom of movement, and would look great paired with a tighter shirt of the same color--again, my preference would be black. Black doesn't show dirt or blood very much and is always in style. ;)

Other parkour clothes...

Shoes: I love Vibrams Five Fingers.
Socks: Toe socks, of course, to go with my Vibrams. :)  I like my socks to be playful, either in crazy colors, or with monkeys on them, or whatever. I wouldn't mind having a pair of plain black or brown toe socks, but I haven't gone out and purchased any.
Gloves: I don't wear them, but weight lifting gloves work beautifully. They're fingerless, slightly padded on the palm side, and the palms have leather (to prevent hands being torn) and stitching (for grip.)
Hats: I have to wear hats anytime there's a cold wind or I get terrible headaches. I LOVE beanies, if I can pull them down over my ears, and funny hats with ear flaps if they're obviously playful (the one I just ordered has koala ears.) A beanie with a PK logo would be AWESOME.

Just my thoughts. :)

Offline 'Knox'

• Global Moderator
  • Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »
Hey Ladies!
My name is Knox and I love parkour. I just wanted to let you that APK is now offering a women's clothing line!!! The more demand there is for clothes, the more new designs and higher quality products we will get. We are currently running a contest on Facebook, just post your name and you could win a pair of pants and shirt of your choice, just click HERE. The contest ends on Sunday at 9pm EST and we will announce the winner on Monday morning. Head on over to the APK Store now to check out our newest stuff! Thanks!
-Knox

Offline J. Johnson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »
on the subject of where to look, occassionally the "title 9" womens lingerie company has some decent stuff... but is more for jogging/swiming/surfing , but they have great sports bras and such for women on the move...

oh i like the hoodies idea as well, maybe we could all chip in with designs, not just as a contest but have the women think up what they like ...

You think there is no way you can think other than that.. Those are quite goods things for sure..
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:42:03 PM by J. Johnson »