Author Topic: Overland Park?  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
Overland Park?
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
Hey guys my names Nathan, been doing parkour for about a year and a half and just moved here from El Paso texas a couple months back and haven't had anyone to train with. It's made it pretty difficult to go out and train now that theres just no one to train with. If theres anyone out on overland park area who wants to go to the gym, or show me some spots just pm me or email me. I'd love to be able to get back into this scene.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
Re: Overland Park?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »
My team and I are going to an open gym in Overland Park the Saturday(7:30pm to 9:30pm) after Thanksgiving, actually. The gym is Diamond Academy, it's on 161st just south of the Walmart on Metcelf Avenue. The instructors and other people there can probably tell you about local spots, I'm actually in a small town south of Overland Park. You need to turn in a form that they have online and bring $10 to get in. www.diamondacademy.com/
If you need to know more you can email me nickqholmes@gmail.com
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:57:51 AM »
Thanks Man! Appreciate it I'll show up. I'm the tall 6'5 guy flipping off of everything :D You by chance live out in Stilwell? Thats where I'm currently living at cause if you do that would be amazing to have someone that close.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »
Glad to help  :)
No, I live in in the country between Paola and Louisburg but I go to Paola. Look for the white kid with Team Avian on his shirt near a group of other highschoolers.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 06:46:04 PM »
Hella dude, I'll see you guys there. Looking forward to it. Quick question, you guys purists, or will you flip off some stuff for shits n giggles too?

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 08:21:50 PM »
Me too. Shits and giggles all the way, also it's 'bout dat air awareness. I'm still one handed as far as I know, I broke my hand a while back.
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 08:36:21 PM »
Mmm broken bones for the win. How'd you manage that? Air awareness is something that I totally have none of, but I guess it's time to start learning. Saturday will be the first time i've trained in like 5 months or so.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »
Basically I wasn't paying attention when I was sitting down on a concrete wall. It was about hip height and I went to go from standing to sitting in one motion by using my hands help. Didn't quite work out that way.
Better to be starting up again than stopping. Most of my team can't train very rgularly do to schedules, I understand.
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 08:53:31 PM »
Well that sounds like fun man, hope it heals all well.

Yeah I'm used to training very hard on the daily. So 5 months without really being able to do any really intense training is kind of torture. I'm always free, but theres just no real training spots within walking distance from my house. And my school is a twenty minute drive away, so it's just not worth going there to train. I'm probably gonna invest my time into making some vault boxes and what not to train with just for teh lulz. Damn, I really want to train now.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
If you don't have much variety get really good at what you can practice until you're at the point where it's flat out rediculous how good you are at it.
Twitter

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »
Hey man, I just saw tonight that Diamond Academy is closed until the 2nd. We're not going on the 7th but we are on the 14th and possibly me and my friend/co-founder on the 21st.
Sorry I didn't catch this earlier
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »
Alright sick man, aye no worries I'm all good. I'll definitely catch you at one of those dude. You'll see me there fo sho.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 06:15:32 PM »
Did you end up going to the last open gym?
I'll be at he next two on the 14th and the 21 unless the roads get too bad. On the 21st I'll be there just with my friend/fellow co-founder
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
Hey, nick. I appologize for never telling you I wasnt gonna show up. Ive had a lot of personal matters that have recently come up and now with the weather I wouldnt know when and if you guys are going to the gym anytime soon. But if you do have a time set this month hit me up ill try to be more reliable. I appologize for that.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 03:17:17 PM »
You're good, I understand. I don't know the next time I'm going right now but I'll tell you when I do.
Twitter

Offline Shepherd220

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Four Door Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 08:50:18 PM »
Hey nick, would it just be easier to hand you my number? This way if you go out you can just hit me up. I always answer my phone, and it would be easier.

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
Sure, send me a pm or an email.
Twitter