Author Topic: Josh's 365 Journal, July 24, 2013- July 24, 2014  (Read 2371 times)

Offline Josh White

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Josh's 365 Journal, July 24, 2013- July 24, 2014
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:09 AM »
                                                                           :) :) DAY ONE! :D :D

I know its a late start but i just got out of an injury, and i am ready to get back into parkour and start training hard, i figured the only to be happy with myself is to do what i love and that is parkour. ill post what i did an my goals for the year. Hopefully i can stick with it! Motivation anyone??? HERE WE GO!

Goals for the year. 
                          - Get a frontflip outside of a gym.
                          - Handstand (hold for 30 secs)
                         -  Run A half marathon ( or maybe even a marathon)
                           - reach 175 lbs (currently 215) did it before when i first started 2 years ago went from 232 to 176 in 2 months.. :)
                          - make a video.
                          progress.
                           -dont eat unhealthy and portion
                           - atleast an hour a day training.
                         - double kong.
                          - b twist
                          - wall run 15 ft
                          -backflip.  [WTF]

Todays work out.
    ~200 pushups
    ~50 pull ups throughout the day.
    ~ 2 miles (run)
    ~Practice rolls and landings.
    ~get foot placement for wall run.
    ~Sprints.
    ~EAT HEALTHY! :D

Please reply and give me any tips or training ideas thank you!

Offline Matija Ambrož

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Josh's 365 Journal, July 24, 2013- July 24, 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:43 AM »
Wow inspiring Im 6'2 and have 187 lbs Im looking to go for 172 lbs. I've started 365 parkour challange 10days ago and have strained my shoulder on day 1 so I might start 365 circuit again. My goals are philosophically same but physically different since Im looking more for conditioning and parkour basics.

I wish you good luck. Stay motivated.

And if u dont mind explain how you have lost 40lbs in 2 months. Diet? Workout?

Offline Josh White

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:11:32 AM »
                                 Day 2
Did everything that was on the list yesterday except for roll practice.... :( soooooo today is the day ill do that.

my schedule for the day is

-Work on rolls.
-Balance work
-Landings (quiet)
-precision.
-sprints uphill and down.
-Run 2 miles.
-- and maybe work on my kongs depends on time.
 :-Sarcasm

Also replying to Matija Ambrož im going for the conditioning part too but i want to up my skills to cause i enjoy the art of it also and philosophy of parkour. but yea parkour is pretty much 80% conditioning and 20% fun :P. The whole losing 54 lbs in 2 months it was training everyday and eating in lower portions, no special diet. except i cut out coke and any carbonation overall that's the only special thing i did and i ran 2+ miles everyday adding onto the training so it was rough but it was definitely worth it. But yes are goals are the same i like parkour for the philological reasons and its discipline. But i also like freerunning for the art of it i know the difference and i do like them both but believe me i like parkour more :P

Offline Matija Ambrož

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 06:23:19 AM »
Ty for quick reply. Im looking forward to start training on 100% ASAP. Im cutting sodas and drink water only, however its difficult to say no to a cold beer when on seaside ;)

Offline Josh White

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:03:50 AM »
Well beer is fine duh haha you need the carbs after a hard day of training i just say its not good every night haha

Offline Matija Ambrož

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
:D luckily I've just came home. So no more "distraction" and my shoulder is feeling MUCH better :)
keep posting your progress and daily workouts. and maybe check my log out and u may find something interesting: http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,41596.msg476173.html#msg476173

Offline Josh White

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
                 ~ Day 4~
Forgot to post yesterday of my training its mainly because i trained at night and never found the time afterwards to post ha ha...
anyways i had a pretty good day yesterday i got my precision jump distance to 8 from 6 ft so i'm feeling good about that i still need to work on my rolls and landings which i will definitely do on day 5. (today) haha
 here is my workout yesterday.

.:Workout:.
-200 push-ups. (sets of 20 up from 10.)
-60 sit ups. (sets of 30)
-Precision practice. ( did it up from 6 ft,7 ft, 8 ft) making my landings perfect but of course i can still improve.
-Rolls
-QM
-Kong Walk.
-Ran 1.5 miles. (would've been 2 if i didn't almost crap myself.) Just thought everyone should know...
 thats all..

~~~Day 5~~~

now for the training today i am going to a really good spot in William and Mary, its always exciting to go!
today i am going to work on really cutting down on eating like portion wise i have been doing good on the not eating past 8 PM part but....i still need to work on my portion and what i eat...

My workout today is.
---- Precision work
----Balance.
-----Cat Hangs.
----- cat leaps.
----- conditioning, (QM, push ups, pull ups, leg workouts, and wall shimmys.)
---- and some flow of course cause i need work on that.
--- Run 1.5 miles.

So today is mainly parkour skills which i have no problem with haha post up on some opinions on better eating and better food choices please ha ha i need help in that dept.

Offline Matija Ambrož

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2013, 11:59:52 AM »
Great workout!
For handstands and arm strenght maybe you should do a harder version of pushups (diamon, declined there are 100 of it) a variation that you feel commfortable doing about 6-8 times and do set with 10 reps :) so you'll focus more on strenght and endurance comes with strenght :) just a tip :)