Author Topic: Charlottesville Parkour?  (Read 9321 times)

Offline helloiamjason

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Charlottesville Parkour?
« on: April 15, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm new to the parkour scene.  I just moved to Charlottesville to start grad school at UVA.  Any traceurs willing to take a new guy under his wing and go jamming in central VA?

Axe!
Jason

Gearsighted

Re: Charlottesville Parkour?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »
You missed me by 4 months! I lived in Orange for the last 5 years and used to train in Charlottesville relatively often. Actually, the first Jump-VA July Jam was hosted in Orange and C-ville and was a ton of fun. Check out some of the downtown mall areas as well as a spot or two on the main UVA campus for some good training. I'll keep you updated if I plan on stopping back by any time soon!

Offline helloiamjason

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »
Yikes! That's too bad.  Where'd you move on to?  Do you know any traceurs still in the area?

Offline TheSphinx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 11:30:54 AM »
I'm only about 45 minutes away.  I've found a few guys at JMU who are into it, so maybe we'll have a good size group in the Fall.

Offline Thomas Austin Wood

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 05:09:51 PM »
hey you said in JMU i live in roanoke abour 2 hours or so away but im more than willing to drive there or someplace for some parkour so if yall ever get a jam going please let me know and ill be there... unless i have to work lol

Offline 5ev

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 11:19:36 AM »
C'ville parkour!!! woot. me jyles and crazy eddie are three locals here and we jam almost every sunday around the uva area and sometimes on the dtm. if your interested in jammin with us let me know. I;ve been trying  get some more people.

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 04:19:21 AM »
Sev when you jam post a thread here with Date, Location, time, and meeting place! You'll be suprised these people will actually make it!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline ihulvey

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
I'm really new to parkour and have never gotten out with anybody before, but I'm gonna be starting college at JMU this fall and I was wondering if anybody is in the area?

Offline Paul Leon Mederos

• Legend
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Simple Knowledge - Leon's Tumblr Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 10:58:20 AM »
I don't know of anyone who PKs at JMU but if you travel 2 hours down to Tech you'll find a HUGE group of us waiting!
When we move, we move as one.

Act; for the universe will never forget your movement, nor will it ever forgive your stillness.

Offline freerunner004

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 04:17:21 PM »
Me and some of my friends parkour around the the dtm sometimes. There's some really good places there if you wanna try there

Offline Django89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »
Getting into the parkour scene, i am from orange, right outside of c'ville.   i'd like to test my skills sometime.   holla

Offline Janson

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 05:30:56 PM »
Just applied to UVA and UMaryland. Good to hear there will be a pk scene going on around there.
It used to be I dreamt of flying... Now I dream of doing the smoothest, most fluid Parkour ever.

Offline killerzephyr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 05:39:23 PM »
Just applied to UVA and UMaryland. Good to hear there will be a pk scene going on around there.

you and me both ;). Ok not UMaryland but UVA atleast.  Hven't been out alot since I broke my arm but I'm healed up and gettign back into it.

Offline Janson

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 04:57:48 PM »
Sorry, let me clear that up. More likely uVA, which is awesome. Are you a transfer? What are you going into?
It used to be I dreamt of flying... Now I dream of doing the smoothest, most fluid Parkour ever.

Offline killerzephyr

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »
Sorry, let me clear that up. More likely uVA, which is awesome. Are you a transfer? What are you going into?

I'm going in as a freshman; assuming I get in I'd like to go into physics or chemistry.

Offline Janson

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:59:14 AM »
Hey Jason, and everyone else who's posted. I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but I wanted to know if there was still the interest to start training. I know it's pretty cold outside, but aren't there gyms or something on campus? Even then, some cold weather training would be awesome. So I'm looking for people who would like to be in the area this weekend. The only bit of Charlottesville I currently know is the UVA area, so I'm pretty lost anywhere else.

Btw, what's the DTM?

So give a holler to see how many people are into running a few jams this year. Freerunner, It would be awesome to train with you some time.

Anyways, as far as I can tell, judging by this evil winter weather: Sat. Sun. 19/20. UVA, near Hereford Res. College around 1.00pm. . There's a couple of rails and picnic tables there I want to work on, as well as wall climbs. Jeez, the whole campus is great for anything.

I can be contacted at 787-370 7344. Good luck to you all.