Author Topic: South Mississippi  (Read 5740 times)

Offline Andrew

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
South Mississippi
« on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:13 PM »
Hey, Everyone. I recently joined the site. I need some help. I have been doing some basic parkour around my town, but there isn't much to do at all. I live in Poplarville. Any nearby places of interest or gyms allowing parkour would be great. Also, anyone will to teach me, or just hang out, I'm happy to meet a new friend. Please help. And, the gyms offering parkour classes, I would like to know prices for classes.

Offline Jish Shaw

• Patas
  • Hmm... I wonder...
    • View Profile
Re: South Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:46:33 AM »
The gym I coach at ( Jump'In Gymnastics ) offers a parkour class on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 6:30 till 7:30. It's $10 per session and you have access to trampolines a foam pit spring floors and blocks and mats of all sizes.
As for places nearby Poplarville, if you're willing to drive to Hattiesburg there are several places at USM and a few in downtown Hattiesburg. There are also several playgrounds.
But if I recall correctly there is a play ground in Poplarville that is pretty good for starting off. I've been there a few times in the past.
"Your fantasy, is my reality"

Offline wolf555

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
Josh, your PM isn't working. Is you cell still the same?

Offline Kyle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 11:11:12 AM »
Hey Josh, I live in Gulfport, but would be willing to drive up every once in a while to train and use the gym. Are you currently training Wed. and Thur.?
Also, do you know any gyms in Gulfport? (I just began searching these forums)
IIIDVIII

Offline Jish Shaw

• Patas
  • Hmm... I wonder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:42:09 AM »
Hey man, yea I still work at the gym and the parkour classes are on Thursdays now due to Wednesday nights being super slow. Umm off the top of my head I'm not sure of any gyms in the Gulfport area that offer classes, but a good way to start off is to check this page on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamlaw.parkour/
It's a group that my friend runs down in the G'port Biloxi area, it's a pretty nice chill group. Hit him up and he can help you out with several things.

And Wolf my PM has been messed up for a long while now lol. But I am currently with out a phone lol.

Offline Kyle

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:10:18 AM »
Josh,
Is this class still every Thursday? I want to grab a few friends to go one evening.
Post the schedule and contact details if you're willing, please.
IIIDVIII

Offline Jish Shaw

• Patas
  • Hmm... I wonder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »
Yes, it's still every Thursday from 6:30 to 7:30. As for a schedule there really isn't one lol, it's pretty much come and work on stuff you want to get better. Sadly we do not have a sturdy enough wall to run up and cat grab on, but we do have lots of mats and a pit to try sketch stuff into.
Here is the number to the gym so you can call us and get more info if you'd like (601-579-4826)

Offline justin_03

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 07:24:49 PM »
Are the classes still available?