Author Topic: Max's Log  (Read 130992 times)

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
Re: Max's Log
« Reply #1380 on: December 03, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »
Bummed about it, but i had to skip my lifting today; schoolwork is spilling down (from the monster pile that it is) as we come into the last couple weeks of classes. I have an interview on friday and i figured contributing to my sleep debt would be a poor idea.

Monday:
-Skill Session
-Hangboard... 3x(5on/5offx5)

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 04, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
Bouldering today. Set a 25 move traverse that involved some ceiling climbing, and felt pretty good.

Tuesday:
-Bouldering (3.5 hours)

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 05, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »
MAN my skin is getting worked, but in the best way! I need to make a point of not climbing past the 28th, i think. We're planning on climbing in Moab (arches, WOO) on the 31st/1st, and I need to allow my skin to recover sufficiently. We should be climbing in Bishop by the 3rd, and that's when the cranking begins :) I'm getting butterflies!

Pleasant lifting day today. I really wish i didn't need to sleep more than 1-2 hours of awesome dreaming; I'd be so productive! (I woke up early and was able to do homework and lift at a relaxed pace).
Wednesday:
-Deadlift (work sets were tough)
135x5
225x3
275x2
295x1
315x1..1..295x1 (resting 20sec between singles)
275x5

-pressing
45x10 (i could feel this was going to be a strong set series)
95x5
115x4x6 (pp; no problem)

-adv. tuck FL (I would like to start focusing on 5-8sec holds for strength, but It'll have to wait)
bwx14-10-14-12-12sec (62s total)

-K2E (focusing on the "curl up" at the top)
bwx10x3

-Kelso shrugs (5 sec squeeze for each rep)
135x5x3

-zottman curls
35sx7
35sx6
35sx4...+4 hammer curls

-db lateral partials
35sx25x2

-db delt row (getting better at feeling these for sure)
25sx10x3
30sx10x3

-offset pull ups
bwx3x3

-dips
+35x5x2

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 08, 2012, 09:00:53 AM »
Made a point of taking it easy yesterday; kept the climbing light and movement-based. I worked on one hard boulder problem for a few tries (and felt markedly stronger than in the past; i'm doing things right!) and also tupped off the boulder traverse pump-fest that used to give me so much hell. Nooo problem at all. I even made a point of not resting at the best recovery point.

Trying to make it to finals now so busybusybusybusy.... :)
Friday:
Bouldering (2.5 hours)

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: December 09, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »
Sport climbing at Vertical Endeavors today. Feeling stronger; I bumped off a slightly overhung "11a" that was relatively close to my limit; probably more like a hard 10c or something, but whatever. Worked mostly on longer, overhung routes in the 10's. Ended with an attempt at consecutive laps on a pumpy 5.9+, but was too flushed at the crux to get the damn clip. Had to drop the rope and take a fall; would've been able to get two laps on it, but I had to settle for 1 and 2/3 and call it a day.

Sunday:
-Sport Climbing (3.5 hours)

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 11, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »
had to skip lifting yesterday (not pleased about that, but it happens) and only get in a short bouldering session today. I worked on some strengthy/more tenuous stuff, then did back-to-back-to-back problems to work stamina.

Tuesday:
-Bouldering (1H, 20min)

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: December 12, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
Lifting today. The time in between sessions made this harder (plus my low sleep levels), but fortunately today was the lowest volume days for both squat and press. As a result, they both felt fine.

A side note for the future: whenever my next strength cycle comes around, I will be really trying to push my front lever farther (literally and figuratively). I've been getting my work capacity up as far as volume goes, but I'm going to want to focus on more strengthy aspects of it. I'm pretty sure I could hold this position for a solid 20-count, so I will want to start shifting into hard negatives and lower hold times.

Since I will be unable to do any gym training from Dec 30-January 20 and I will be jumping into a hypertrophy/aesthetics phase, this is probably a summer project.

Wednesday:
-Back Squat
45x5
135x5
185x4
225x3
255x2x4

-Press
45x8
95x5
115x2x6 (pp)

-Adv. Tuck FL
bwx14-10-14-12-12sec

-Good mornings
135x5
145x5x2

-split squat (feet elevated)
+35x10x3

-decline sit ups (slow movement, veryyy tense contraction)
+15x15x3

-shrugs
135x5x3 (Kelso. 5 sec hold for each rep)
155x15x2 (Bent shrug)

-bent rear delt raise
20sx25x3

-lateral partials
35sx25x2

-db delt row
35sx15x3

-muscle ups
bwx3x3

-zottman curls (supersetted with reverse bb wrist curls)
35sx6-5-4-4

Offline Max G

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 06, 2013, 06:53:07 PM »
So. It's been quite a while since I last posted! I've been exercising very regularly still (i have no intention of changing that), but have gravitated away from this log on account of the forum's downtime over the holidays. I'm going to be moving the text into files within an external hard drive for my personal records, but after 5.5 years of keeping this log consistently, i'll now be using an excel spreadsheet i set up.

Why? First and foremost, I no longer practice Parkour. The discipline revealed to me a new way of life, movement, and action; novel concepts of training, working, and thinking. I'm a pretty nostalgic 21.5 year old, so without too much rambling I'll just say that Parkour has given me so much: eye-opening experiences, a more-developed body, and an incredibly stronger will.

It prompted my education in all things health, strength, and endurance; these are tools and knowledge that I hope will improve/extend my life and that of others around me. I shared much via forums (especially on parkour.net) and hope that I contributed something to the community.

Long story short, Parkour introduced me to rock climbing; a new challenge and outlet that I deeply enjoy with new friends and loved ones. Between that and triathlon/endurance events that I'm interested in, I have let my practice of "L'art du Displacement" wane. It makes me a bit sad, but it feels like it was a natural progression; as we try to go with the flow of things at the moment, we can make it difficult by holding onto too much at once.

I can't believe my log has had so many views; although there might be only one or two people who see this post (hey there!), it is my hope that perusing this log provides you with some points of reference.

With that...

Train Hard
Laugh Loud
Love Lots

Besos y Abrazos,

Max

Offline jay_22_15

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 07, 2013, 08:47:47 AM »
I'll miss you homie.

Reading your log always motivated me to train harder and smarter.