Author Topic: New  (Read 763 times)

Offline Sam Ross

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
Hey, I'm Sam and I just started parkour, any tips on what to do?
“Parkour belongs to the ones who live it, not the ones who want to live thanks to it” -David Belle

Offline Sam Dutton

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
Re: New
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
Learn to warm up, then roll in all directions.

Offline bryan

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 04:06:45 PM »
Learn to warm up, then roll in all directions.

literally.

practice safely and condition regularly. There are lots of tutorials on anything you need to know out there. Hope you enjoy and stick with it!
listen to my music at soundcloud

Offline Sam Ross

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
Any tips for warming up? I run everyday and do situps, but that is it so far.
“Parkour belongs to the ones who live it, not the ones who want to live thanks to it” -David Belle

Offline bryan

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »

Offline Sam Ross

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 03:00:02 PM »
Thanks man, I like the music!

Offline superdude88

• is 13!!
  • Mangabey
  • kris vachet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:49:33 PM »
Rolling and landing are crucial elements in this sport and if you can't do these your not gonna make it very far.
First learn to land then to roll. Once you learn these you can get in to vaulting there are many different kind of vaults and these too you can find all over youtube.
And by the way welcome to the forums :)
I'm Legend, 13, I'm Superdude

"No matter what you see in life see it as an obstacle see it as it can be over come."
-Me

Can't have a rainbow without rain

Offline bryan

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
Rolling and landing are crucial elements in this sport and if you can't do these your not gonna make it very far.
First learn to land then to roll. Once you learn these you can get in to vaulting there are many different kind of vaults and these too you can find all over youtube.
And by the way welcome to the forums :)

Also, you can train rolls while warming up, along with quadrupedal movements. I like to say that you never mastered the roll until you have done 1000 perfect ones (on all surfaces ;)).

Offline superdude88

• is 13!!
  • Mangabey
  • kris vachet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 07:19:55 AM »
Also, you can train rolls while warming up, along with quadrupedal movements. I like to say that you never mastered the roll until you have done 1000 perfect ones (on all surfaces ;)).
I don't think any one can "Master" rolls especially on concrete or gravel, well I haven't even been able to roll on cement yet mostly I have just been conditioning but as I said before if you can't roll your not gonna make it very far in this sport.

"No matter what you see in life see it as an obstacle see it as it can be over come."
-Me

Offline bryan

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 10:14:47 AM »
I don't think any one can "Master" rolls especially on concrete or gravel, well I haven't even been able to roll on cement yet mostly I have just been conditioning but as I said before if you can't roll your not gonna make it very far in this sport.

I'm sure after years of the right practice, a roll on concrete will be no different then a roll on any other surface. Anything can be mastered, it just takes years of dedication and devoted practice.

Offline superdude88

• is 13!!
  • Mangabey
  • kris vachet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 09:20:22 PM »
I'm sure after years of the right practice, a roll on concrete will be no different then a roll on any other surface. Anything can be mastered, it just takes years of dedication and devoted practice.
Yes this is true but a lot of people don't have the disciplne for this sport. obviously you can go out there and you can roll all day and master it in a year or so. But my question is"Will you?"

-Me

Offline bryan

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 06:24:33 AM »
Yes this is true but a lot of people don't have the disciplne for this sport. obviously you can go out there and you can roll all day and master it in a year or so. But my question is"Will you?"

That was my whole point to my post. Obviously 1000 rolls on any surface doesn't mean you did or didn't master it, but if it gets you out there to attempt to master it then that's all that counts 8)

Offline superdude88

• is 13!!
  • Mangabey
  • kris vachet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
That was my whole point to my post. Obviously 1000 rolls on any surface doesn't mean you did or didn't master it, but if it gets you out there to attempt to master it then that's all that counts 8)
This

-Me