Author Topic: help needed at Highland Park  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Bryan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
help needed at Highland Park
« on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »
Ciao guys and gals, i am posting some rather troubling news. My two brothers and I were practicing up at Highland Park by the Pittsburgh Zoo today and i came across an older gentleman who was concerned with what we were doing, not for our safety but for the condition of the park. i assured the gentleman that we as a community are always more than careful with whatever it is that we practice on, and if we were to break anything we would be more than willing to fix it. After i had informed him of what the parkour community was and that i was sincere he went on to say that he has trouble taking peoples words for face value and told me of the issue at hand. he told me that the highlands community was having trouble keeping up with the maintenance of the park due to them all being older people and the younger generation is more willing to build something new than to simple fix what is old, and that the community was getting ready to give the parks rights over to the city unless they could get volunteers to be willing to fix the place up as needed. i told him that i would help and i would go online and ask the community nearby if anyone was willing to help. now the plans for either fixing the park up or just giving it away are not going to be in full discussion for another month or so, but we took down each others contact information and he said if we were really willing to help it would be greatly appreciated. so i am just wondering who would be willing to help out. if you are willing just keep an eye on this page and i will let you all know when things are underway. if you have any questions ask away and i will either call the gentleman who is R. Dell Ziegler by the way in case anyone already knows him. or i will get his permission to give you his contact information to get a better grasp of  the situation. thanks for your time.
sincerely, The Care Taker (Bryan)

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
Re: help needed at Highland Park
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
Hey Bryan

This is definitely a great opportunity! Consider sending an email to Gave Streisfeld. He is the current Pittsburgh Contact. You can find his information here: http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,33307.0.html
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline Jordan Strybos

• Man of Skochy
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Lancaster, PA
    • View Profile
    • PKGA
Re: help needed at Highland Park
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 01:22:17 PM »
Bryan - I'm responding to your PM here because of a technical difficulty right now with the messaging system. Sorry for the inconvenience. You'd be better off trying to reach Gabe either through email (which is listed) or Facebook. If you still don't hear from him quickly, let me know; I have a few other friends in the area that might be able to help you out.