Author Topic: New to the Area  (Read 1793 times)

Offline a_finch

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New to the Area
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been doing parkour for about 4 years, though it's always been a hobby and I've never gotten particularly good.  I know my way around most of the movements, but I would certainly not call myself an experienced traceur after training with some of the truly AMAZING traceurs in the Philly/Jersey area.

In any case, next year I am going to be entering my freshman year of college at William and Mary (in Williamsburg - GO [the original] TRIBE!) and was hoping to connect with some traceurs or freerunners in the area before going down there.  I've been looking, and W&M doesn't seem to have a parkour team or club (something I'll certainly have to change).  So, in short, anyone in the Williamsburg region open to jamming sometime next fall?

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: New to the Area
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:14:21 PM »
Hey, I'm Casey I head up the Richmond group and have started a Networking group for Eastern and Central VA, we know of a group in the Hampton Roads/Norfolk area, that could be able to help you out,   I'm not familiar with any groups in W&M personally but you're right in the middle of us and the VTA, so i guess take your pic :P, and speaking of which we're having a jam in Richmond next weekend and you're welcome to join, heres the link to both pages Facebook group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/388780794489909/ EVAP

http://www.facebook.com/groups/VirginiaTraceurAssociation/ VTA

good luck man,  keep in touch
You live a filtered life.-
Everyone dreams of changing the world, I only want to change it back.-
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline a_finch

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 03:51:41 PM »
I won't be down in VA permanently until fall session (which starts in August), but when that rolls around, I'd be more than happy to take a Greyhound or train for a weekend jam!

Offline Casey Boatwright

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »
This may be late but one of our Summer guys goes to W & M and I can get ya'll in touch.   Join the Eastern Virginia Parkour Hub on facebook, and we can get ya'll in contact :)   best of luck!
You live a filtered life.-
Everyone dreams of changing the world, I only want to change it back.-
In Myth, God Is Force.

Offline Josh White

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 06:32:31 PM »
Hey me and my friend train at W&M often we are from the williamsburg are and looking form mor peeps haha