Author Topic: Wanted: Boulder/Denver Freerunners for Ninja Film  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Jerry Armstrong

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Wanted: Boulder/Denver Freerunners for Ninja Film
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:13:56 AM »
Colorado Parkour Community,

I have mad respect for you and the broad spectrum of talent in this unique subculture! I am not a freerunner, or parkour artist, myself. I compete in another sub-culture of athletes known as "Ultrarunning" or "Ultramarathon". We run footraces from 30-100 miles through the mountains, pushing our bodies to collapse...and, in that way, I think we have something in common...

I recently started developing trail running films for the ultrarunning community and they have been a real hit. The films are 3-4 minutes in length and they have been themed "Ninja" style. We have included some small stunts and included them in the film. I want to expand that area of the next few videos. The films exemplify the mountain ultrarunners endurance, speed, and agility over difficult terrain. Of course, there is a cinematic quality and music overlay to enhance the entertainment value.

I post this message as a first-step to a possible collaboration on my next film. I am looking for 2-3 parkour artists, who would like to participate as actors, in Ninja costume, alongside my ultrarunners, who are also in "Ninja" dress. The inclusion of parkour-style stunt work would take these films to the next level.  The film-shoot takes place over one day...still to be decided. We are based out of Boulder, CO. This would all take place in the Boulder foothills or possibly a bit higher elevation.

For now, the development of these films is purely out of passion...free of business-related ventures. Everyone involved is on a "volunteer" basis. Having said that, I do see a great potential to grow these projects into a format, which provides profit-stream for those involved.

Right now, I am merely looking for interested and talented athletes in your community, who live in the Denver metro area of Colorado.  We'll review the 'application' emails, and hopefully find the right fit.   If you conceptualize the vision presented and feel you would be a great candidate for these projects, please send me an email with a bit of information about yourself. For those of us hashing this out, please send any links on youtube or otherwise if possible, which display your skills!

Most of all, I don't want to disrespect your sub-culture... I am an ultrarunner first and foremost. I have been doing my sport for 7 years and I much dislike "outsiders" who venture into my sport without paying homage to those who have paved the road we all stand on. I, as a small-time film maker, would happily advertise your associations, whether it be a parkour gym, team, or website, as a part of the final project.

If you are interested, please email... thank you kindly. Jerry Armstrong, aka Ninja Sensei CoachEnduranceJer@gmail.com

This is one of our first films...I hope to expand and increase every aspect of quality from here forward... http://bit.ly/HbySGa

Thank you...

Jerry

Offline jaycee

• Guenons
  • \m/ (>_<) \m/
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Boulder/Denver Freerunners for Ninja Film
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 10:50:56 PM »
I'm in Fort Collins, so kind'a near Boulder, but I don't really think I'm skilled enough to join in.

I can see if I know anyone who'd be interested though.
who controls the past now controls the future
who controls the present now controls the past
who controls the past now controls the future
who controls the present now?