Author Topic: -Efficient Non-Costly Freerunning/Parkour Shoes-  (Read 13343 times)

Offline Nick Fernandez

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: -Efficient Non-Costly Freerunning/Parkour Shoes-
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2012, 10:16:49 PM »
One thing that I do not like about Feiyue's is the way people look & comments, and the way some other traceurs talk. One guy mocked me making "Ninja" & Asian jokes about them/me. Needless to say I will not be training with him if he is going to talk and act like that, /rant.

Whaaaat?

People will find ANYTHING to make fun of. I'm surprised they can find a way to tease Feiyues. They look like Converse ffs. But don't just walk away from one of your friends just because he makes Asian jokes. Make sure you've at least told him you don't appreciate the jokes. I noticed with pretty much everyone I know can be stereotypical like that, including me, without noticing sometimes. After all, it's a joke. But if he understands that it's bugging you and continues to do it, make an even better joke and poke his eye out with a chopstick  :-Sarcasm or better yet, 540 kick him with your Feiyues on.

My first Feiyues are due to arrive next week, and if they work out that will probably be the only type of shoes I will wear for the rest of my life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

"If you're afraid to fall, you'll fall because you're afraid." -Daniel Ilabaca

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »
i resend my entire argument, since i built my own obstacles in my back yard, ive been training barefoot cuz its grass and there isnt much to hurt my feet, but in the urban setting i still like my shoes
soooo.....
I WAS WRONG!!
LOL
pain is weakness leaving the body

Offline Hunter Grant

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2012, 04:11:51 AM »
I haven't had a chance to pressure test them yet but the Saucony Bullets are feeling amazing.

Dont they feel like they slide around alot? They work...But how long will the traction last and I felt kinda out of control while sprinting in them.

Offline UWin

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
i resend my entire argument, since i built my own obstacles in my back yard, ive been training barefoot cuz its grass and there isnt much to hurt my feet, but in the urban setting i still like my shoes
soooo.....
I WAS WRONG!!
LOL
So yeah...now I get to do this...

I WAS WRONG!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW7hZlxlTlo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW7hZlxlTlo</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkq1X9IuXps" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkq1X9IuXps</a>

Offline Nick Fernandez

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
Undeclared Winner, I got a totally different reaction from my Feiyues than you did :P.

A lot of people thought they were really cool-looking shoes (although any white shoes pop out anyway) and one guy who claims he does parkour actually immediately asked if they were my "parkour shoes". He ended up ordering some the same night lol.

I haven't even used them for parkour yet but I still suggest that anyone who has ~$25 to spare should try a pair. They're really comfortable with an extra 2-3mm in the heel/ankle area so it makes them easy to slip on and off. They have never fallen off by accident though, so it makes for a pair of shoes that you forget you have on. /review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

"If you're afraid to fall, you'll fall because you're afraid." -Daniel Ilabaca

Offline Justin

• Guenons
  • Justin Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2012, 09:12:36 AM »
Ive trained in tigers for about a year and my insoles started falling apart under the balls of my feet, resulting in some serious leg pain that I had to take about 3 weeks off to remedy, I ripped the insoles out of them to extend their life but its just not the same

just ordered some aqualites so ill post up a review of those once I use them for a while, for sure they arent in the low price demographic though

also, those bullets look just like tigers with different tread
Newark, Delaware

"When you have the ability, the movement will become beautiful."

Offline Luke Tate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • "Be Water My Friend" --Bruce Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »
Glad my post helped clear some things out for people ^^
" The way is the path of silence.
Cut across town quietly at your own speed.
Concentrate on footwork, your touch, your
own sensibility.
Look for cat-like silence and you will find the
path...
This is the way"

--Sebastien Foucan

Offline Alec Reduker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 12:04:20 PM »
Ok, those Saucony's back there looked absolutely BOSS, I wish I didn't just get new shoes, they look craaaazy good.

Offline Nazar h

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 05:29:29 PM »
i had the saucony's for a while, but i hated them because i thought that the grip was terrible on rails and below average on walls

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »
I love sauconys  :)  They wear out quickly though ...

Offline Nazar h

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
I love sauconys  :)  They wear out quickly though ...

i had the exact opposite experience as you i hated mine but they wouldnt die out on me

Offline Crosion_5

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Ultimatetraceur.com
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 03:21:47 AM »
i had the exact opposite experience as you i hated mine but they wouldnt die out on me

Haha!  They do have lots of different shoes.

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:42 PM »
Dont they feel like they slide around alot? They work...But how long will the traction last and I felt kinda out of control while sprinting in them.

They slide around a little more than other, more structured shoes but not enough to make me use something else. The feel I get from the ground and the light weight make up for the looser feel. And I haven't had a problem with grip yet, I actually just ran the American Ninja Warrior course in these and they performed great.