Author Topic: -Efficient Non-Costly Freerunning/Parkour Shoes-  (Read 13838 times)

Offline Travis S

• Patas
  • das flow
    • View Profile
    • UMass Parkour
Re: -Efficient Non-Costly Freerunning/Parkour Shoes-
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Work the best in terms of what? Because speaking from the perspective of body mechanics and physics, they'd stop your foot from doing everything it's supposed to.

QFT. Buy feiyues, then save up some cash and buy barefoot shoes.

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
they are light, give my arches great support they take impact well, the sole is oil and slip resistant and a lot of other things, im just sayin they work for me, plus they are only like 25$ and they last long
pain is weakness leaving the body

Offline Travis S

• Patas
  • das flow
    • View Profile
    • UMass Parkour
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 11:20:53 AM »
give my arches great support they take impact well

These two reasons are why they've been advised against.

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
whatever dude it doesnt matter your not gonna talk me out of it, just making a suggestion  ::)

Offline Conrad Moser

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 10:21:26 PM »
We're just saying, is all...supporting your arches and absorbing impact is weakening your feet.
Age is just another obstacle. Get over it.

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 11:15:31 PM »
that makes no sense to me

Offline Stephen

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 06:04:07 AM »
We're just saying, is all...supporting your arches and absorbing impact is weakening your feet.

Your shoes are doing too much of the work when you should be conditioning your feet and executing proper landing/impact distribution.

Offline Gabe Arnold

• Hirundo Rustica
  • Proud Founder of S.U.T.S.
    • View Profile
    • Gabe Arnold Fitness
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 02:37:34 PM »

http://www.americaspodiatrist.com/2009/10/the-top-3-ways-wearing-shoes-harms-our-feet-%E2%80%93-and-what-we-can-do-about-it/

1. Shoes Weaken Bones in Our Feet
2. Shoes Limit and Alter the Normal Motion of Our Feet
3. Shoes Deform Our Feet

http://naturalrunning.com/research-science/450-evidence-based-science

"The body of studies into the concept of shoe absorption has failed to confirm it as a reducer of skeletal stress."
"Constant protection of the foot through shock-absorbing structures of PECH (Pronation Control, Elevated Cushioned Heel) shoes causes less resistance to the stress of localized pressure. Weakening of foot tissue and barefoot sensitivity have been observed in patients."

Offline Nick Fernandez

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 02:58:52 PM »
So.....Feiyues all the way? I gotta get some
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

"If you're afraid to fall, you'll fall because you're afraid." -Daniel Ilabaca

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »
yeah well have fun with that....

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »
actually they are amazing Ive tried every kind of shoe i could find like 80$ asics all the way to skate shoes and, for me, they work the best but its your call, everybody is different, thus why i love PK
do me a favor and look up the benefits of barefoot running
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
nah dude ill keep my shoes on thank you, just cuz thats how you guys train doesnt mean thats the only way to do it....everybody is different

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »
nah dude ill keep my shoes on thank you, just cuz thats how you guys train doesnt mean thats the only way to do it....everybody is different

im not saying you have to change at all just please check it out it can't hurt to be well informed and feiyues are only 15$
"there are no "parkour spots"; you can use anything anywhere to train and to play, as long as you're able to look at your surroundings with a vigilant eye, and use your imagination to figure out what you can do with things you come across."-  L'consolable

Offline Jade

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 06:17:13 AM »
Okay, I'm officially confused. I thought shock absorbing qualities were good for your feet and joints, but now they're not?  ???

Offline Ryan Sannar

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Jump Utah
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 09:15:42 AM »
Common misconception. Think of the added shock absorbing stuff in shoes like machine weights in the gym.

IE: With the bench press. If you work bench pressing on a machine you specifically isolate and use only your triceps and your chest. The problem with this is that when you are doing an actually bench press you use your back, your neck, your abs, etc... including all of the stabilization muscles. With a locked in machine press there is nothing to stabilize so those muscles go stagnant. Same thing is true of added shock absorbtion and padding in shoes. Then allow you to take bigger drops than your stabilizing tendons can handle.
10 push ups.

Offline Alec Furtado

• kicks butt.
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Balance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 02:54:43 PM »
nah dude ill keep my shoes on thank you, just cuz thats how you guys train doesn't mean thats the only way to do it....everybody is different
Anthony, no. The science is not wrong. You are wrong. It is actually possible to be wrong in this world, despite what so many PC people like to think.

You can do whatever you like, but them's the facts. You can also smoke and/or eat tons of sugar. I personally won't judge you for it, though I'd advise against it. I'd still train with you, I'd still invite you over to my house, we'd still be friends. But that doesn't make high arch, high heel-rise shoes not destructive to your foot mechanics and, by extension, your body mechanics. (You don't have to respond to this... you're still a traceur, we still love you, etc., but just understand what the situation is :P )

Okay, I'm officially confused. I thought shock absorbing qualities were good for your feet and joints, but now they're not?  ???
Jade, read the articles Gabe Arnold linked to in his post above.

As far as I know, however, there is still an argument to be made about running on pavement and concrete. I've made an effort to only do barefoot training on soft terrain and love it, but too much time on hard surfaces can make my feet hurt. Still, zero-rise shoes are the way to go (there is no different in thickness in the forefoot of the sole vs the heel of the sole).
Water conforms to the shape of it's surroundings. Do not be water. Shape your own life.

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 03:58:09 PM »
Anthony, no. The science is not wrong. You are wrong. It is actually possible to be wrong in this world, despite what so many PC people like to think.

You can do whatever you like, but them's the facts. You can also smoke and/or eat tons of sugar. I personally won't judge you for it, though I'd advise against it. I'd still train with you, I'd still invite you over to my house, we'd still be friends. But that doesn't make high arch, high heel-rise shoes not destructive to your foot mechanics and, by extension, your body mechanics. (You don't have to respond to this... you're still a traceur, we still love you, etc., but just understand what the situation is :P )
Jade, read the articles Gabe Arnold linked to in his post above.

well that may be, but i live in a town that is over run with junkies who leave needles everywhere, and im not trying to get hep c so i'll keep my shoes on, ive looked into it, and i just dont think it would make that big of a difference for me personally. (oh and im not sure why but you saying i dont have to reply made it impossible for me not to hahahaha)

Offline gravity

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »
you don't need to be completely barefoot there are shoes that let your feet do what there naturally supposed to such as and there is always feiyues

Offline Nick Fernandez

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 05:45:59 PM »

Don't think you could've said it any better :).

Anthony, you're right about how everyone is different and different things work for different people, but that doesn't really apply here when people know for a fact that what they're saying about your shoes is true. Sure, I agree with you one hundred percent that not everyone does everything the same way, but what they're trying to say is that there's a better way which you neither have to follow or agree with, although your shoes will not be beneficial in the long run.

And about the needles......keep your shoes on. But how thick your shoes are probably won't make a difference. If they're actual needles they'll probably be long enough to penetrate any shoes. This thread is also about efficient, non-costly parkour shoes and you have your answer ^ right there.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:48:51 PM by Nick Fernandez »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbx-yzFgBo

"If you're afraid to fall, you'll fall because you're afraid." -Daniel Ilabaca

Offline Anthony Hadouken

• Mangabey
  • nor cal parkour
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:24 PM »
understood