Author Topic: Camilo's 365/52 Parkour  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Camilo's 365/52 Parkour
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:42:39 PM »
Day 1 I wanted to do something to really progress in Parkour this year. I've been doing Parkour for about half a year now. I saw Jimmy Davidson's video of his 365/52, and decided to do one as well. I'll try to post here every day and try to put up a video at least once every month.
I went outside and practiced vaults on the railing outside of my house.
15 speed vaults each side 30 total (need to work on doing them from my right side)
15 monkey vaults
15 kong vaults( I feel like I need to dive more)
15 turn vaults( the first few i felt had too much momentum but i corrected the mistake after a few trys)
30 total lazy vaults 15 each side
Trying to get down thief vaults. First few were bad, so I slowed it down and concentrated on the movement more rather than just throwing it. I got it down fairly well after a while and did  a set 15 thief vaults. I feel like they still need work.

Offline JimmyD-TPK

• Patas
  • jimmy -Temecula Parkour
    • View Profile
Re: Camilo's 365/52 Parkour
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
nice, i like how you are drilling the vaults.  good stuff
good luck man
-insert something insperational here- 

Temecula Parkour + youtube = goodtime

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »
Thanks^^
Day 2
It snowed outside and was too cold ruining my original plans to work on flow. Instead I practiced my roll for half an hour doing the different variations of it. I practiced it all the different ways i knew of. I started on my knees on a mat, then split leg crouched, split legged standing, diving roll (can't do that one without the mat), feet parallel, and the advanced pk roll. After practicing those with the mat for about ten minutes I took the mat away. I did the same things that i did with the mat on my basement floor excluding the dive roll. (done it before slammed my hip badly) And know i have a bump on my arm from the impacts it had lowering my shoulder......but w/e i feel getting my rolls more consistent was worth it.

Offline Ian Want

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
keep up the hard work!

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:41:53 PM »
I will Ian every passing day i feel more and more obligated to do so.
Day 3
I decided despite how cold it was I was going to go outside and practice tricks. I practiced for about an hour. The trick i have the most trouble with is the back flip(I don't commit enough out of fear). Another trick I seem to have trouble with is a Webster I don't land it properly i usually land on my heels. I got sideflips down again this time from a shorter distance run. B-kicks feel a lot smoother now. I still can't land a b-twist by the time I get a full rotation I'm crashing into the ground. I think I can do an aerial again( I'm really inconsistent with that movement). And I still can't get anything close to a 540 kick.

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:01:29 PM »
Day 4
Unfortunately due to how sore i feel i kept it very light today. I was practicing the advanced roll trying different ways and deciding something similar to ryan doyles roll is most comfortable for me. Also played around with kip ups. And practiced tricking combos(more mentally than physically i dont have the space in my basement......).

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 08:13:42 PM »
Day 5
Practiced balancing on railing. Tried walking back and forth on it.....i lost balance when turning around. Also practiced just standing on it. And did squats on the railing to condition the muscles needed to balance. Then headed inside to run on the elliptical for 20 minutes( My gym teacher suggested i do that ride a bike or swim to help recover).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:16:27 PM by Camilo Carrasco »

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 11:45:40 PM »
Didn't get to post yesterday so here goes...
Day 6
Tried getting a consistent advanced roll down too bruised. So i decided to practice my breakdancing.
Day 7/8 I was procrastinating playing Dance Central 2 for the xbox. Then late at night finally decided to practice. I tried training handstands.......I can't balance in them anymore on the bright side i now have a consistent advanced roll down. Tomorrow I will hopefully get some footage with the help of my friend( Hopefully he'll let me sideflip over him)

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
Day 8
Shot my first video felt like it was really bland and lacked creativity....please feel free to make any comments on anything you feel I need to improve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfK_Ou3P3g4&feature=g-upl&context=G24dc28fAUAAAAAAAAAA

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:17 PM »
Day 9
Tried regaining my hand stands. I only got them back about 50%. The longest i could hold it was like 10 seconds. To build up some shoulder and core strength I did handstand push-ups trying to rely as little as I could on the wall. Also did some push ups while in a back bend. And practiced the different ways of getting into a handstand besides kicking up, I could only hold them until my arms were fully extended then I'd fall back down.

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »
Day 10
Didn't get much training time today trying to keep up with homework. So by the time i finished it was already dark out so I ended up staying in to practice breakdancing powermoves. I almost got a windmill down still can't flare....tried free standing handstands and completely failed. But when i randomly kicked up into one near a wall I held a good 15 second handstand. Looks like i sort of got them back....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:58:30 PM by Camilo Carrasco »

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
Day 11
Had dance club and homework....by the time i got around to actually doing it and finishing it it was late. I mainly practiced things like handstand presses anything that has to do with handstands basically. And since i have to choreograph a breakdance routine i practiced footwork and powermoves. I also did crescent kicks and tornado kicks(i really want to finally get the 540 kick)
Day 12
Still trying to figure out what to do for the routine. Practiced back rock and am trying to learn to headspin. Also did handstand training again gave the b kicks a try again still got them down. Unfortunately it's been snowing since 9 a.m. and still hasnt stopped  :(. I'll find some way of taking advantage of it though.

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 08:34:48 PM »
Day 13
Began practicing choreography for the dance team. I know ive been doing a bit more bboying than parkour to try to get it down by wednesday. So today instead of doing one or the other i combined the two. While bboying i would throw in movements i learned from parkour. For example id do go from a toprock to a 6 step then when i got back to the position most footwork is done from i did  a roll kip. From a toprock id go straight into a b-kick. And so on and so on.

Offline Camilo Carrasco

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
Havent really been on here in a while......havent kept very consistent on parkour. I've been doing more bboying than parkour, but today I felt very angry for no reason. I felt i needed to isolate myself and do something to get my mind off of it so I started by practicing some parkour and tricking in my basement. Afterwards I felt so much better and relieved of stress.