Author Topic: !!PKUSA!! aka: The "Ex-0 Has a Huge Ego" jam...  (Read 10591 times)

Offline Matthew Lee Willis

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
!!PKUSA!! aka: The "Ex-0 Has a Huge Ego" jam...
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:47:39 PM »
When where guys.  I am so pumped.  I am getting a Refund check very soon.  I want to buy my ticket very soon.  Who knows anything about this?  I have been checking the nyparkour boards too.  Any information guys?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:07:33 AM by gearsighted »
Parkour:Phone Calls
Free Running::Text Messaging

Offline Mike "Pyro" Araujo

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
Re: !!PKUSA!!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:10:12 PM »
I haven't heard anything, not sure if anyone is planning anything at the moment. Although i'm pretty pumped myself hoping for another good one this year. There is still sometime left, my guess(and it's only a guess) planning should maybe start around early spring or something

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:20:59 PM »
If you guys dont set a date soon.  I Fell like I am going to spend my plane ticket money.  I need to get a ticket soon.  So its cheaper.  *tear* well, if you guys dont even know if its going to be in NYU or not, I guess I will have to try to get a gathering myself in New York.  I like new york and I hope that I can get something done.  Unless dates start flying soon, I am brining my crew to NY.  Although, at the same time I am suppost to go up to Canada to jam with you PKVA guys. 

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »
A plee:

Does no one still know nothing about PKUSA?

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 04:37:31 PM »
If you guys dont set a date soon.  I Fell like I am going to spend my plane ticket money.  I need to get a ticket soon.  So its cheaper.  *tear* well, if you guys dont even know if its going to be in NYU or not, I guess I will have to try to get a gathering myself in New York.  I like new york and I hope that I can get something done.  Unless dates start flying soon, I am brining my crew to NY.  Although, at the same time I am suppost to go up to Canada to jam with you PKVA guys. 

PKVA guys?  As far as I know, I'm the only Virginian in Canada...  Unless they're all planning on visiting me in secret or something..
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 05:51:40 PM »
The nypk forums are finally back up

nyparkour.com/forum

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
Be Useful.
If I don't try to make the world a better place, who will?
Every person has a choice - live by your fears or live by your dreams

• Mangabey
  • Pyro4pk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 08:51:26 PM »
http://www.nyparkour.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69

There's a poll to vote on which weekend pkusa is held, the 30th is pretty much out, so just vote on the other two...

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Texas Parkour
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 09:36:48 PM »
Finally.  This is great that its all getting together.  Texas wants to take it next year BAD!

Offline m z

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 05:27:59 PM »
im pretty damn pumped. new york city is a small day's trip for me since i live in ny.... i've never been to a huge jam or one at all so it would be a good experience to meet people of all levels and regions.

also, no one knows any specifics about it. im about to check nypk tomorrow.

-contact on aim - ma0x
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 05:32:12 PM by m z »

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 04:36:53 AM »
From NYparkour homepage ...

The date is Being Finalized, The final location is being set, the Guests are being confirmed, and soon all the info will be out to you. The bad news, for us my NYPKers, is that we will not be hosting the event this year, we've had a great run. The good news, THIS WILL BE THE BEST PKUSA TO DATE!!!!!! and were still helping to plan it. So start saving up money, and prepare for a plane flight, cause once the details are up your going to want to buy a ticket.

Exo

WTF???

New York was decided by the whole community in a large debate, now it's being moved? "The Guests" ???

the guests of PKUSA should be all the traceurs and freerunners in USA!!
Be Useful.

Offline Brian Belida

• doc akh
  • Global Moderator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • OPEN BEAR POSTURE
    • View Profile
    • appropriately untitled
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 07:44:23 AM »
With this short notice and still no real details; "Buh?" pretty much sums up my thoughts. :-\

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 07:54:46 AM »
From NYparkour homepage ...

The date is Being Finalized, The final location is being set, the Guests are being confirmed, and soon all the info will be out to you. The bad news, for us my NYPKers, is that we will not be hosting the event this year, we've had a great run. The good news, THIS WILL BE THE BEST PKUSA TO DATE!!!!!! and were still helping to plan it. So start saving up money, and prepare for a plane flight, cause once the details are up your going to want to buy a ticket.

exxon

WTF???

New York was decided by the whole community in a large debate, now it's being moved? "The Guests" ???

the guests of PKUSA should be all the traceurs and freerunners in USA!!

After a statement like that i expect them to just rush info out.

I mean it wouldn't suprise me if they just said "Ok the jam is in CO. this friday, now everyone go buy a plane ticket".

I actually can't describe how frustrated that statement has made me. We ALL decided on NY, and all the NYPK people had to do was let us come, actualy, all they would have had to do is list out some hotspots and it wouldn't even have mattered if any of them showed up.

Not to mention this pretty much eliminates the idea of the Chinatown bus.

It also seems to me that this will be a PKUSA only for the people who have lots of spare money available to them. I have rent, car, cell phone, and food to pay for on a monthly basis.  In order for me to save up a plane ticket to anywhere i'd need to know about it months in advance.
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Offline Kurokaze

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 08:00:38 AM »
It wouldn't let me tack this on to modify the post so i just put it in another.

P.S. Any traceurs from NY don't take it the wrong way, its nothing against the group as a whole, and i even met some of you guys at Beast Coast and saw that you were all reasonable people. Its just kinda frustrating to get a statement like this out of the blue.
In like a lion out like a lamb. . . world class.

Kipup

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 12:27:11 PM »
My understanding from talking to some members of the NY community is that they are as upset and disoriented as the rest of us. The decision to change seems to have been made by one NY Traceur, rather than the whole community.

That doesn't mean that other NY Traceurs can't organize another equally awesome jam!

Offline Andy Animus Tran

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The Invisible Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 01:56:51 PM »
My understanding from talking to some members of the NY community is that they are as upset and disoriented as the rest of us. The decision to change seems to have been made by one NY Traceur, rather than the whole community.

That doesn't mean that other NY Traceurs can't organize another equally awesome jam!

Nope, it doesn't.  NY is still free to host a jam.  The decision was made with much discretion, I'm sure.

Just be patient.  It says that the PKUSA event will be the best yet, so I think we should believe that.  I'm sure there was a VERY good reason for the sudden change in plans.  Start saving up your money for a plane ticket.
Andy Tran, C.S.C.S.
Lead Parkour Instructor
Urban Evolution
Parkour Virginia

Offline Ryan Ford

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • APEX Movement
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 02:45:44 PM »
Just come to the CO one instead. We have our shit together and the people and hotspots to ensure a great jam.

Offline hardcoretraceur

• PRIVATE
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • a coeur vaillant rien d'impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 02:46:43 PM »
yo kipup, you are the only person that expressed a time constraint on when you could come to new york to jam.  considering your enthusiasm to do so i figured id just set it as whenever you'd be able to make it up here. get back at me, let's get this shit rolling.
keep it free and true

Over
Under       OUTkrew is OUTgoing
Through

gearsighted

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 12:56:35 PM »
Just come to the CO one instead. We have our shit together and the people and hotspots to ensure a great jam.

...oh hell yeah, I concur.

Offline Mark Toorock

• M2
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • American Parkour
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 02:49:06 PM »
Animus, that's bullshit and obviously based on the idea that you know something we don't, which is fine, you and Exo have a great time ;)

For everyone else, as soon as we have a date APK will be glad to help however we can.

Be Useful.