Author Topic: Louisiana Jam  (Read 9369 times)

Offline Nick Briseno

• Patas
    • View Profile
Louisiana Jam
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »
So i have been thinking of trying to get a statewide jam together.  Does anybody have any ideas where they would like it to be? like where would be the best location for everyone to meet and have a good time?
Do or Do not. There is no try.

Offline NOPK

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Louisiana Jam
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Who: The New Orleans Parkour and Free Running community would like to volunteer to host this event.

Where: Here in New Orleans we have 2 excellent locations to trick and trace that are adjacent to each other (University of New Orleans and Ponchartrain Beach).

When: If we hosted this, it would need to be on a Sunday (any Sunday is available, since we meet every Sunday already) when campus is empty to null the chances of someone complaining to campus police.  Otherwise, as long as there is no one causing us any grief, security does not mind what we do.  So long as it is organized and not a wide-spread, gladiator-streamed obstacle course, we will be free to play and practice.  As for the beach, we are free to do whatever however whenever.

Why: Why not...?

It may even be possible to have some of our professional stuntmen to help moderate this if we give them a long enough heads-up.
"New Parkourleans."

Offline DevintheNinja

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »
set a date and ill come home for this :D
LVPK-Las Vegas Parkour
Urban Aces LV
I'm a security guard that WILL CHASE YOU!!!!!
Devintheninja's twitter page

Offline Brett Bergeron

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:51:23 AM »
This might be a good event for me to get started with. Would this still be possible to have?

Offline Luke Tate

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • "Be Water My Friend" --Bruce Lee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
I would love to support this event and I could get our local Mandeville & Covington parkour/freerunning group to attend ^^ Lemme know if this is gonna happen :D
" The way is the path of silence.
Cut across town quietly at your own speed.
Concentrate on footwork, your touch, your
own sensibility.
Look for cat-like silence and you will find the
path...
This is the way"

--Sebastien Foucan

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
Maybe Louisiana Tech, because no offense to the lower part of the state, it seems to be more accepted down south, because it's like a rarity of traceurs(eses) that are willing to try to come to Central or Northeast part of the state. As far as the place, I'm currently trying to get the more okay with the police and map out when and where we can train here.

But NOPK has a great Idea!! I'll be down for that.
WIP

Offline Colby Zayne Gamache

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The best way out is through...
    • View Profile
    • Inertia Movements
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:55:54 PM »
Shreveport Pk is down for wherever. Let us know and we'll be there.

Also, if we cant figure out a spot, Shreveport's got 3 "decent" run-able spots, all within about a mile of each other.

Offline Colby Cryar

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2012, 10:02:06 AM »
Did anything ever come of this?
We don't have any good spots in Lake Charles, but we would definitely come to a LA jam. I would really like to see this happen.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »
Shreveport Pk is down for wherever. Let us know and we'll be there.

Also, if we cant figure out a spot, Shreveport's got 3 "decent" run-able spots, all within about a mile of each other.

Only Three spots?!   I'm surprised by that statement.  :o  Considering how big Sherveport is, it should be more.

There are like seven spots here in Ruston, and 4 of which are on LA Tech Campus.

WIP

Offline DeAndre Walker

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:32 AM »
I'd love to see this happen. I've been practicing parkour-free running for years and have always wanted to find more traceur/euses, free runners, trickers, anyody really, in Louisiana. I live in the country but I go to Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond. I cant say there are any "good" spots around here but I'd be willing to try to get my guys to any jam in the southern/southeastern part of the state.
Do Work!

Offline Colby Zayne Gamache

• Hirundo Rustica
  • The best way out is through...
    • View Profile
    • Inertia Movements
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 07:10:00 AM »
Well, I've moved back to Lafayette so I'm still looking to do this. There are a couple runners here that I know would love to join in on a State Jam. I've heard that Baton Rouge has a decent scene and a multitude of spots. We should definitely start looking into this since the summer is coming up.

Offline Spencer Young

• Mangabey
  • The Jack of all Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »
Well, I've moved back to Lafayette so I'm still looking to do this. There are a couple runners here that I know would love to join in on a State Jam. I've heard that Baton Rouge has a decent scene and a multitude of spots. We should definitely start looking into this since the summer is coming up.

Agreed. But where? hmmmm....
WIP