Author Topic: Competition in Parkour  (Read 62317 times)

Offline Austin Morrow

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Traceur & Freerunner
    • View Profile
    • Tricknetics
Re: Competition in Parkour
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2012, 07:22:09 PM »
While I am more on the part of participating in Parkour and Freer Running while "jamming" with my friends, I do find competitions to be very fun as long as they are done the right way, and for me that's...

•With friends and local Traceurs, not some gigantic event.
•Absolutely NO money, companies, or sponsorship whatsoever.
•For me, not judged on who's style is better, but who is unique, adapts to the environment well, and flow and fluidity.

And, it's all for fun and the passion.  :)

EDIT: Oh, and I mean competition for the Free Running side of Parkour, not actual Parkour itself for competition.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:26:02 PM by Austin Morrow »
My Group - Triknetics: Parkour & Freerunning
16 - Freerunning is my passion, a way to express myself.

http://YouTube.com/AustinTricknetics/

Offline 7Erik7

• Patas
    • View Profile
    • A CALL TO ARMS
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2013, 02:47:11 AM »
Well, there is one point here I'd like to add.

M2 started this discussion as 'argument for' and 'arguments against' competition. Naturally, we see a whole bunch of people claiming '''I believe'', ''in my opinion'', ''because..'' ''for me'' and so on.

But if we are to determine the truth, then none of this matters.

First off, I don't care what people personally believe. It isn't interesting to hear what people personally believe about this. It is completely irrelevant. The fact that you believe something does not make it true. What matters in a factual question is the evidence, and there is no evidence that parkour is competetive. As a matter of fact, all sources points to the completely opposite if we're about to look at its origins. David Belle did by the way state this recently on his facebook. The founders have stated it various times. An objection to this may be 'what the founders says is also an opinion'. Not necessary. If anyone here were to take Bruce Lee's Jeet Kun Do and start teaching it, there is a way to teach it incorrectly, no matter what your opinion about that is. I could say that Jeet Kun Do is about acrobatics instead of martial arts, but that does not make it true. I could say that parkour is not based on movements but that does not make it true. Jeet Kun Do is already a defined training method. Exactly like parkour. Parkour is a name for a training method exactly like Jeet Kun Do.

Secondly, on a philosophical level, it is extremely difficult to measure humlity, how many people you've been helping, or even harder, all the many other aspects; creativity, ability to adapt, ability to push yourself physically and mentally of the course of your whole training. Neither can you measure 'to be and to last' by a competition. You can't measure peoples training method. There are so many variables that is very difficult to measure. It doesn't make it easier by the fact that parkour has no rules not any end. Because that is also a fact - parkour is a training method, not simply an action of doing x (whatever x may be). People who say otherwise - give evidence for that then.

Therefore, I would like to know how it is practically possible to be a world champion in parkour.

This has to be solved before we can accept ''parkour is competetive'' as true. And if ''parkour is competetive'' is false, as it all points to now, then all the people who have these competitions are actively misrepresenting parkour horribly out of ignorance, and this seems to fit well what this site, American Parkour, does.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 02:55:35 AM by 7Erik7 »

Offline Bossanova

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2013, 12:30:42 PM »
Hey there!

I'm super new to parkour but it seems really cool and I have a lot of fun. I tried looking around the competition bit of the forum, but there've been few recent posts  :(

I was wondering if anyone know of any competitions or big gatherings happening in the next few months. I'm not really up to competing yet or anything, but I'd like to watch in person and see what top notch dudes are like, preferably somewhere in the North East.

Offline DaveS

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2013, 12:28:04 PM »
Hi Bossanova

The reason there have been few recent posts is because, as Erik suggests immediately above your post, Parkour is not a competitive activity. That makes it very difficult to talk about the competition aspect of Parkour, since there isn't one. Various people have tried to force competition and Parkour together, but the end result is invariably something that is meaningless to Parkour practitioners, and harmful to attempts to educate people about Parkour.

If you are interested in Parkour then it's worth bearing in mind that Parkour is a training discipline. It's a holistic way of developing your abilities in order to meet the challenges you face in life. It deals with things that are far more important than a competition about who can jump over a wall in a pretty way.
~ Dave
NorthernParkour and the British Parkour Coaching Association

Offline Nick Holmes

• Global Moderator
  • Mangabey
  • APK Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23:16 PM »
Dave, I just want to say I know we can agree on something ;D
I really agree with your statement and they make me think of Chris Rowat whose views I appreciate as well, expecially in the competition "controversy".
That is all.
Real supermen don't leap over buildings in a single bound, they take determined steps consistently over time

Offline Dick Stapleton

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2013, 06:26:33 AM »
Bossonova you'd be better off looking for parkour jams happening somewhere near you. Competitions are something that a lot of traceurs don't agree with but more importantly in this case you'd only be a spectator. At jams you can get together with traceurs from all over and interact with them and learn from them instead of just watching. I wish I had seen your post earlier as the Beast Coast jam just took place in D.C. a few weekends ago.

Keep an eye out on the home page and in the national jams section of the forums and maybe ask around a little, hopefully there will be something happening near you that you can take part in.

Offline Ramonahix

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Competition in Parkour
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2019, 11:51:15 PM »
The Horseshoe bar in Warren is having a beer and brats night on Oct. 23rd at 8pm. They will be having German beers for sampling and also a homebrew competition. A cell number is listed to enter homebrew:330-219-9819. I left a message for a Jennifer but she has yet to call me back with details. If someone else gets a hold of her please post the details on this thread.

Offline Wrabeorese

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Free Audio Converter For Mac OS X And Windows
How To Convert FLAC To WAV
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2019, 11:32:46 AM »
It is vital to vary FLAC to WAV since it may possibly solve the issue of FLAC will not play on iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media participant and far transportable devise as well as keep the audio high quality.  The Greatest cda to mp4 online click on reference: learn how to convertcda to mp4 proposal used how do I convert from cda to mp4 on-line stay CD Ripper: MetaDataGD3 Symphony - extended classical fields CD Ripper: naming sections max length increased from 1000 to ten thousand chars CD Ripper: metadata overview - red miss-matches shown in bold (for shade blind) Sadly, not all media players and units are compatible with M4a, that includes small dimension of the information and top quality of sound.
Step 2: After you load the audio converter, add supply FLAC file to the converter by dragging the file to the converter or click the +” button to choose from your COMPUTER. After the file is loaded, you possibly can setup the output format in the Format” box and set the parameters of the output format in the field subsequent flac2wav converter windows to it. FLAC is a format that is really useful to those backing up a CD assortment as a result of the sound high quality will remain excessive, whereas MP3 compression will lead to a deterioration in comparison with the original.
It helps to convert a whole lot of audio files at once inside just a few minutes. Is an online audio file conversion site that converts your sound information from one format to another. I'm converting thousands of iTunes files toogg so I can take my show on the street with Traktor. I FLAC'd all my sixteen bit samples years in the past (on the time only FLAC sixteen bit was available) and saved up quite a lot of HD space with none quality loss.
Batch convert video and audio recordsdata to output profile you specified and auto shutdown after encoding is also available. Video Converter Ultimate also converts between fashionable audio codecs including convert MP3 to AAC, convert WMA to MP3, convert WAV to MP3, convert MP3 to MKA, convert wma to OGG, convert audio to AAC, M4A, APE, AIFF, and many others.
After a little analysis, it looks like wav is a lossless format so I needs to be okay. A number of the advanced settings in Switch Sound File Converter include deleting the source audio file after a conversion, mechanically normalizing audio, enhancing tags, and downloading CD album details flac to wav online from the Internet. Step three - Select the MP3 information to transform to WAV within the Windows Media Player library and drag to a brand new Burn List” on the appropriate-hand side of this system window.
For example, if you have downloaded a MP4 video from the internet and want to extract the audio from the video and save as WAV or MP3 format, you may just drag the MP4 video to this program and select WAV or MP3 because the output audio format after which one click to convert. Convert from alac to wav i liked this: url=-/convert-alac-to-wavonline alac to wav converter/url complete certain convert alac towav counsel Reference R13 also contains: CD Writer and Batch Ripper.
We loaded a WAV file to convert to FLAC, which preserves a lot of the sound high quality but with a much smaller file. Normally sure, particularly if you transcode to WAV24 relatively than atypical 16 bit WAV. A: The FLAC to WAV Converter download for LAPTOP works on most present Windows working systems. From the mentioned above we will see that FLAC and WAV have their own benefit and downside respectively, which format we select is determined by what circumstance we are in. For these people who wish to play FLAC in Windows Media Player, iTunes or edited in QuickTime, we had higher convert FLAC to WAV.
You possibly can simply convert your FLAC information to 24 bit WAV, FLAC to WAV 16 bit fast and simply for take pleasure in high quality music on the go. Another option price noting is one that allows you to set as much as three preset conversion codecs in an effort to proper-click on an audio file and choose one of those formats for a quick conversion.
Mac OS X (10.4 and above) and Home windows (XP and newer) users can set up Change Sound File Converter. Some use other applications, like Winamp ( The best way to convertflac files tomp3 utilizing Windows flac2wav answer by Easy Assist), but the quickest and simplest answer is to use the audio codec itself. MIDI to m4r batch converter free jump over to this web site: midi to m4r between room midi2m4r converter free army This system is free to install and use.

Offline RakGeace

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Umwandlung Von Audio In WAV
Transferring AIFF To WAV
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2019, 05:53:45 AM »
UltraMixer Digital Audio Solutions ver?ffentlicht den MediaType Converter, ein neues Software zum einfachen Umwandeln von Audio-Dateien. Die Technologie der Komprimierung von Dateien in WAV hat keinen Datenverlust w?hrend der Komprimierung, dabei sind sie durch hohe Qualit?t gekennzeichnet. Aber wegen der gro?en Dateigr??e im Vergleich zu MP3-Format hat WAV in Aufnahme nicht gekommen. F?r den Ladevorgang und Versand solcher Dateien ?ber Web ist ein gro?er Bestand der Festplatte und ziemlich viel Zeit n?tig. Einer der Hauptvorteile von WAV ist mit der Verwendung der Technologie von Linear Pulse-Code-Modulation (LPCM) f?r die Aufbewahrung des Lautstroms verbunden. Dadurch f?llt die Kopie mit dem Original zusammen, das anerkennen Musikexperten und professionelle Consumer hoch.
A: HiRes-Dateien sind die gleiche Sache wie der Kauf eines CDs, aber ohne die CD. Sie k?nnen Ihre Datei auf eine CD-R brennen oder einen Musikserver zu Hause verwerden (es gibt einige coole Links auf unserer Linkseite). Issu de l'univers Residence home windows, le format WAV est en r?alit? un conteneur dans lequel les donn?es sont le plus souvent non compress?es. Mp3: Eine kleine Music kostenloser aiff zum wav konverter -Datei niedriger Qualit?t, die auf jedem MP3-Participant abgespielt werden kann, einschlie?lich MP3-CD-Playern oder den meisten anderen Musikger?ten und Programmen (Residence home windows Media Participant, Zune and so on.).
Zum Beispiel kann das beste kostenlose und nicht mit Wasserzeichen versehene Videobearbeitungswerkzeug, MiniTool Movie Maker , Ihnen helfen, das Videoformat leicht zu ?ndern, einschlie?lich der ?nderung von Video zu MP3, der ?nderung der Videoaufl?sung , der ?nderung der Videol?nge, der ?nderung von Video zu GIF und anderen. Hier werden wir ein weiteres gro?artiges Werkzeug mit Ihnen allen teilen.
Um YouTube zu WAV zu konvertieren, m?ssen Sie die URL einf?gen und dann das WAV-Format ausw?hlen. Nach der Konvertierung wird ein Obtain-Hyperlink angezeigt. Sie k?nnen auch w?hlen, ob Sie diesen Hyperlink umwandlung aiff in wav an Ihre E-Mail senden m?chten. Kann ich YouTube-Dateien zu einemWAV-Format konvertieren? Wenn ja, wie wird das gemacht? Ich habe nicht die Absicht zu verbreiten; dies ist nur f?r den pers?nlichen Gebrauch bestimmt.
Sie k?nnen AIFF-Audio in WAV sowie zu einer Vielzahl anderer Formate mit kostenlosem On-line-Konverter umwandeln. Um Ihnen zu helfen, einen guten YouTube Konverter zu finden, der die Bitrate und die Qualit?t der Datei beibehalten kann, pay attention aiff in wav wir hier die High 5 der on-line YouTube Video Konverter auf. Lesen Sie weiter, um einen geeigneten zu finden.
Laden Sie die Audiodatei hoch, die Sie in WAV umwandeln m?chten. Als eine der gr??ten Video-Sharing-Plattformen weltweit ist YouTube die bevorzugte Plattform f?r die Pr?sentation der Movies. Jetzt versuchen viele Benutzer, die YouTube-Watch-Time zu erh?hen , um Geld auf YouTube zu verdienen In der Tat nutzen viele Musikindustrien und die gro?en Plattenfirmen YouTube, um ihre Audios zu bewerben.
Mit iTunes k?nnen Sie Musiktitel in ein komprimiertes oder nicht komprimiertes Format umwandeln. So k?nnen Sie beispielsweise nicht komprimierte Dateien als komprimierte Dateien in iTunes importieren, um Speicherplatz zu sparen. Beispiele f?r komprimierte Formate sind MP3 und Apple Lossless Encoder. Beispiele f?r unkomprimierte Formate sind AIFF oder WAV.
Konvertieren Sie AIFF zu M4A - Konvertieren Sie jetzt Ihre Datei - online und kostenlos - diese Seite enth?lt auch Data ?ber die AIFF und M4ADatei Erweiterungen. You presumably can choose Dolby Digital Skilled or 5.1 audio, or let Compressor select the correct setting based totally on the variety of channels within the source file.Compressor outputs recordsdata to MP3 along with to any QuickTime-suitable format, including AAC, AIFF and QuickTime Encompass 5.1. Simply convert embody sound stems into Dolby Digital Professional AC-three recordsdata in your DVD initiatives.

Offline troursese

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • How To Convert MP3 To M4A
M4A To MP3
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2019, 05:35:18 AM »
I've been requested several instances for recommendation on how to convert M4A to MP3 and what multimedia tools are greatest for the duty.  As soon as achieved, back on the iTunes major interface, proper-click on the M4A music, and select Create MP3 Model from the displayed context menu to convert the file to MP3 format. Also thanks to our program, you may easily convert protected WMA information into numerous audio formats, specifically: mp3, flac, aac, m4a. That implies that an MP3 file doesn't include 100% of the original audio data.
M4A audio files with AAC lossy compression could be as small as 1/10 the size of the unique file, while these with Apple Lossless compression are generally 50% smaller than the scale of the original file. After the conversion of mp3 to m4a has completed, you could find the m4a information in the output folder you specified. Bigasoft M4A Converter helps you quick take care of the compression by convert M4A to MP3 in batch. Free obtain mp3 to m4a online , set up and launch this audio extractor on your LAPTOP/Mac ( free obtain Mac version ), then observe the three steps under to extract audio from video easily. After our assessments, we found out that Free M4A to MP3 Converter is unable to encode M4B and duplicate-protected files. You may then obtain the newly-transformed files — no toolbars or add-ons required.
This system has additionally a built-in audio player , which allows you to take heed to your AAC and M4a recordsdata even with out converting them. Now the problem is all songs and different audio clips generally is available in MP3 or Wav formats and we have now to transform them in AAC format to upload them to our cell phones. Go into the iTunes Preferences and under ‘Common' settings you will notice an ‘Import Settings' button,click on on that and you will notice a display screen like below.
With this M4A Converter, you possibly can be part of the separated information into one file after conversion. Suggestions 4: As powerful audio converter software program, it may possibly convert different audio information among virtually all codecs similar to WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and many others. M4A files sadly are usually not appropriate with all transportable gamers - whereas MP3 is taken into account the usual format in the audio discipline. When it comes to free software program that converts audio recordsdata, many people are understandably concerned concerning the high quality. Just a aspect note, if you are eager to play the m4a information on a Victor Reader Stream they work on mine. All mp3s are lossy, whereas only some m4a files are lossy, and some m4a files are lossless.
Within the facet of quality, an M4A file with ALAC codec has the best original sound quality. An MP3 file that is created utilizing the mid-range bit fee setting of 128 kbit/s will lead to a file that's typically about 1/tenth the size of the CD file created from the unique audio source. There are quite a lot of themes accessible so that convert mp3 to m4a online you can obtain by way of Google play, covering free and paid choices. Regardless that M4A file high quality is best and file sizes smaller compared to MP3 information however they solely acess on iPhones or iPads. Strive it now free of charge for the following 30 days by downloading the free trial model.

Offline EsombAttesee

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
    • Convert Cda To Mp4 Tutorial Third
Convert Cda To Mp4 Tutorial Third
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2019, 02:26:12 AM »
Cda,mp4 Get the information: cda to mp4 freeware obtain assist husband how do I convert cda to mp4 online free building In the newest version, the sound recorder's code was revised to improve compatibility with Windows 10. This system absolutely supports Unicode and works on all editions of Windows 10, Home windows eight.1, Home windows 8, Home windows 7, Home windows Vista, Windows XP. Learn more.  A: Folks Convert CDA recordsdata to MP4 format for varied function, nevertheless, most of them Convert CDA for the 2 widespread ones, first the Audio CDs files are too giant, they wish to save some area, second their moveable units don't recognize CDA format in any respect, however these gadgets are able to taking part in MP4 information with none compatibility issues.
Cda to mp4 batch converter obtain see this website: how one can convert cda to mp4 free keep relate convert my cda music to mp4 might Most media gamers want a particular codec to play any such file, not to point out the poor help for the OGG format on the market of moveable players. We all know how essential it is to remain safe online so FileHippo is using virus scanning know-how cda to mp4 provided by Avira to help be sure that all downloads on FileHippo are protected. CDA files are files created by the computer's CD drivers which level to the placement of a observe. Free MIDI to MP3 Converter is a free and simple tool to transform MIDI files to top quality MP3 information. As soon as you've repurchased the unprotected copies, delete the information from your iTunes library and download them again.
Click on on the link to get extra details about Movavi Audio Converter for import cda file motion. FLAC MP3 Converter might as effectively be referred to as AIFF WAV Converter, WMA Ogg Converter, or AVI DTS Audio Extractor. You possibly can download this amazing multimedia conversion software without spending a dime from the hyperlink given beneath. Because the videos from are downloaded and transformed cda to mp4 in a excessive-efficiency cloud, you don't need to install any software and your downloads from are processed much faster than any software or extension helper on a regular pc. Whole Video Audio Converter is a simple-to-use and all-in-one video and audio format converter software program. For reference or for understanding we will refer the audio file format on the CD's as CDA in this submit.
Or, you possibly can uninstall Free CDA To WAV Converter out of your computer by using the Add/Remove Program characteristic in the Window's Management Panel. Chameleon Audio Converter is a free software that converts many alternative audio and video formats to MP3 and WAV formats. Just drag the movies you want to convert into its window, select a device to convert it for from the Convert To pop-up menu, select a desired high quality using the High quality cda2mp4 on line slider, allow the Add To iTunes choice if you would like that to occur when the conversion completes, and click Start. Overall, CDA to MP3 Converter is an application that serves its function fairly straightforward, working very clean on most Home windows workstations and without affecting the general efficiency in any respect. Free MP3 WMA converter is a free software that converts audio recordsdata to and from MP3, WMA, OGG, WAV, and FLAC format.