Author Topic: SOCIALIZE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT  (Read 23894 times)

Offline hfksla

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: SOCIALIZE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 05:07:06 AM »
I'll stop editing Stevie's post but not you Josh. No.

hehehehehhehhehehehe
Shut up and Train
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you anywhere
The moment you stop fighting is the moment you lose.~Dan Kelley
Repeat after me, I am free.

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 06:23:54 PM »
TBH,

I've been on APK so long my finger instantly know how far the "quote" button is from the right side of my computer screen. But now since I'm mod, there's a modify button there. More than once now I've edited someones post I was trying to quote but was too lazy to change it back.

I'll stop editing Stevie's post but not you Josh. No.
I think its amusing. Keep doing it.
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline superdude88

• is 13!!
  • Mangabey
  • kris vachet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 10:49:29 AM »
why did general disscusion get changed to socialize?
I'm Legend, 13, I'm Superdude

"No matter what you see in life see it as an obstacle see it as it can be over come."
-Me

Can't have a rainbow without rain

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 07:13:06 AM »
why did general disscusion get changed to socialize?

Uh...what?
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
So, I joined this site a while back and left for like 2 years. When I returned, this site seemed to have become utter shyte.

Where did it all go wrong?

I essentially just post on my training journals and in posts where I feel I can encourage others. I have been bored from time to time and explored more, but it really just seems like the forums went down the toilet. I am thinking about Lurking with the exception of the Training Journals Posts, and being done with the community for the most part.

Any legit reasons why I shouldn't or arguments as to why I might be wrong about the forums dropping in awesomenicity? You can BS respond if you must, but I will only respond to actual replies to this concern.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline Sarai Brock

• PREGGERZ!
  • Ambassador
  • Patas
  • Life is a fairytale touched by the hand of God
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 01:45:27 AM »
So, I joined this site a while back and left for like 2 years. When I returned, this site seemed to have become utter shyte.

I essentially just post on my training journals and in posts where I feel I can encourage others. I have been bored from time to time and explored more, but it really just seems like the forums went down the toilet. I am thinking about Lurking with the exception of the Training Journals Posts, and being done with the community for the most part.

Any legit reasons why I shouldn't or arguments as to why I might be wrong about the forums dropping in awesomenicity? You can BS respond if you must, but I will only respond to actual replies to this concern.

While I will agree that the Socialize Forum has taken a serious dive... the other boards are GREAT resources... especially Gen Fit... they keep it really clean and offer a lot of GREAT information.  I don't bother with Socialize 95% of the time... but isn't that what the Socialize board is for?  General BS?  I'd check out the other boards and get the resources from them... keeping up your training log is great, but I would definitely read up on Gen Fit... and Movement for that matter.  There really are people who will watch your vids and critique you.  Just because one board isn't what you like you shouldn't dispell all of them.
Because that's the way I tuck and roll...

Offline Joe Brock

• #1 Coach
  • Ambassador
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Pick your passion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 01:55:39 AM »
Any legit reasons why I shouldn't or arguments as to why I might be wrong about the forums dropping in awesomenicity?

Because the boards are made of users, and so in order to incite change...you must be the change you hope to see.
Posts are not to be mistaken for medical or training advice, or anything other than the rantings of an amateur strongman and powerlifter.

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 01:13:22 PM »

I've had quite a few people say this...what do you think has changed? If I know what you are looking for it will help me bring those aspects back to life.

General BS? 

Man I want to rename socialize this so badly!

Because the boards are made of users, and so in order to incite change...you must be the change you hope to see.

So true...

It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Shamas

• Mr. Random
  • Mangabey
  • Look behind you
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
I've had quite a few people say this...what do you think has changed? If I know what you are looking for it will help me bring those aspects back to life.

I will PM you about my actual complaints. I don't want to start any arguments or put people on the defensive, even though that is what this thread is for.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."
-Hunter S. Thompson
▌§▌
Now this is happening!
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,14576.180.html

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2011, 06:12:42 AM »
Sounds good, bro.

Thanks!!