Author Topic: Fight or Flight Academy - Parkour gym opening in Minnesota  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
I've been relatively quiet about this up until now, but I suppose it's about time to start getting the word out there.  We are working towards opening a parkour/freerunning/martial arts/dance gym up in the Minneapolis area of Minnesota.  Just yesterday we registered with the state so the Fight or Flight Academy llc. is now officially an entity.  We've put in proposals through our broker for 2 different warehouse spaces, both around 7,500 sq. ft.  We're talking to 3 different banks about getting a loan.  And we have our insurance agent looking for the best fit for our insurance needs right now.

Once everything comes together, we will be opening in September for open gyms and classes will start in October.  We will be having a grand opening celebration in late September which will be tied directly to the Minnesota Monstrous Jam (which we haven't scheduled yet because we've been waiting for things to finish up with the gym first.)  I've been teaching at a local gymnastics school for the last 3 years and my program is successful enough to support our own space so it's time for this to happen.  This will be the first gym of it's kind in the Midwest and we're very excited about it!

We're working on the website right now, but if you want to keep up with the news of the gym, you can "like" our facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fight-or-Flight-Academy/224573700891767 .  We're looking forward to having a successful gym to help move the disciplines ahead in the U.S.  Also we're looking forward to meeting many more people who will hopefully be visiting us from all over the US and the world!

Offline Alissa J. Bratz

• Hirundo Rustica
  • middle-aged man in mom's basement eating Fritos
    • View Profile
    • wisconsinparkour.com
Re: Fight or Flight Academy - Parkour gym opening in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
Congratulations, Chad! Thank you for sharing this. We're happy for you and thrilled to watch as things unfold! Many blessings as you move forward on this mission!
She followed slowly, taking a long time,
as though there were some obstacle in the way;
and yet: as though, once it was overcome,
she would be beyond all walking, and would fly.
--excerpt from Going Blind, Rainer Maria Rilke

www.madisonparkour.com

Offline Chad Zwadlo (Zwadloc)

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
    • Fight or Flight Academy
Re: Fight or Flight Academy - Parkour gym opening in Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:37:52 PM »
We signed the lease today!! Fight or Flight Academy is officially in at 7355 Washington Avenue South, Edina, Minnesota 55439. Now we just have to build the thing so it's ready to open in September. Check us out on our facebook fan page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fight-or-Flight-Academy/224573700891767