Author Topic: New to Parkour Nampa/Caldwell  (Read 3699 times)

Offline Drake Brennan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
New to Parkour Nampa/Caldwell
« on: April 05, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »
Well first I'd like to say hello, and thanks for reading my post.
My name is Drake.
I guess you could say I'm "new" to parkour, mostly because I've decided to take it seriously recently.
I've kinda surrounded myself with Parkour for the past years. mostly just messing around
on a wall with some friends. I have this new idea of starting a Parkour "club/group" at school next year.
I'm curious how many people who study with me would be willing to commit to doing something like this.
i would also like to get in touch with people who live near me to do some running or conditioning with me.
i'm always open to tips and advice. I think i still need to open my eyes to my surrounding to see what there
is around me. right now i kinda just look at everything like any other civilian walking down the street.
but i'm hoping to change that.
thanks for reading, leave a comment or something.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
  • If you fall, you fall because you are afraid
    • View Profile
Re: New to Parkour Nampa/Caldwell
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:37:24 PM »
Welcome to the forums Drake!  My name is Chris, or also known as Crisco.  Been doing Parkour on and off for a couple years, really committing this summer though. Sorry if I can't be much help for the Nampa/Caldwell area, I most train in Meridian and Boise.  I think there are a few traceurs in your area, hopefully they get on here and get in touch with you.

But if you are ever up for training closer towards Meridian/Boise you should really join our Facebook group Team No Boundaries - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=158880671100

We always post our jams and training sessions on there.  Plus we also post cool/interesting Parkour things people might like.  Trying our best to get everyone in the valley together to build the community, and the Facebook group is just a nice way to get fast contact/information from people.

Do you have any questions I might be able to answer?
- Crisco

No Boundaries Parkour - https://www.facebook.com/NoBoParkour

Offline Drake Brennan

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: New to Parkour Nampa/Caldwell
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
I suppose its been awhile, But i sent you're facebook group a request.
I've been thinking about it alot and i Really want to get into parkour.
It'd be nice to have people to go practice with, because doing so by yourself can be a little tedious.
Coming from a Cross-Country runner, i don't imagine i'm in too bad a shape.
so really it should be a pretty decent learning curve.
i pick things up fairly quickly.
just need a push every now and then.