Author Topic: Just moved. Who's in Oahu?  (Read 5095 times)

Offline FFCloud6

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Just moved. Who's in Oahu?
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:24:14 PM »
I just moved to Oahu. More specifically Pearl Harbor. Looking to get back into parkour while I'm out here. I don't get online often so it would probably be best if you text me to set something up. My number is 440 537 6360.
Carpe Diem

Offline Streek

• Patas
  • Hm... What should I put here...
    • View Profile
Re: Just moved. Who's in Oahu?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:31:17 PM »
Hey man. Welcome to Hawaii! Well there actually a few people near pearl harbor area that train, but me and my friends are in aiea and a few others are in Pearl City. Kinda close.
Gun goes pew pew.
Sword goes cut cut.
Traceur no make noise because they ninja. :3

Offline FFCloud6

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:45:13 PM »
I'm willing to travel for some sessions. I mean from what I hear its a 2 hr drive from anywhere to anywhere on the island.
Carpe Diem

turtlekarma

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 03:14:38 PM »
I'm willing to travel for some sessions. I mean from what I hear its a 2 hr drive from anywhere to anywhere on the island.

not true, although traffic can be a factor.  It's an island buddy, and not a very big one.  Pearl Harbor is a big area, are you going to be on base if so which one?  that might give us a better idea of where you might be closer to.  Most of the town area will be easy for you to get to within an hour, even with traffic.  With no traffic you can be in most parts of town within 1/2 an hour. 

Offline FFCloud6

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 05:29:59 PM »
Yeah, Im on the Pearl Harbor Naval base. Not sure if it has a name besides that. I wont get my car till later this month so I'll be relying on bus/cab/feet to get me around for now.
Carpe Diem

turtlekarma

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26:45 AM »
I actually work really close to you.  I work on Hickam Airforce Base, not sure if I can get on the naval base to train though...I heard they were gonna connect the two bases, but haven't heard anything official yet.  Didn't know the 2 hour time estimate was because your car isn't here yet, my bad for not understanding sorry.  If you can get onto Hickam, there's some awesome places to train, but I actually don't know how strict they are about parkour so I've never tried training on base (mostly cause I want to keep my job).  gigantic playgrounds, abandoned bunkers, and cool recreation areas all over.

have you trained on the naval base yet ? 

the salt lake area has some awesome parks with great playgrounds and just random stuff.  I'm not really free to train in march, but april I'll be down to train alot more. 

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 01:40:45 AM »
It's a joint Naval and airforce base. There is an unmanned gate between Hickam and Peral too (been there before the joint base deal). I used to live on Hickam. Keep out of restricted areas, and they're pretty chill. I used to rain there all the time. One time and MP stopped to ask what we were doing and would have joined us if he wasn't on duty :D

Also FFCloud, if you're down to train somewhere off base hit me up 808 699 9682 Lost my military I.D. now I can't get on base :/
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT

Offline Adam McC

• Delicious
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Level 1 Sexability Certified
    • View Profile
    • Lehigh Valley Parkour
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 08:04:44 AM »
I used to live in the Salt Lake area, and like Ryan said, there's some great spots. Particularly Moanalua High School. Great location, I used to train there every night.

Hit up Ozzi on facebook, (http://www.facebook.com/ozzi.quintero) and tell him one of us on this board sent you here, and that you're looking to train. You've got a certified Parkour instructor on Oahu!

•Lehigh Valley Parkour Community Founder
•Level 1 A.D.A.P.T. Certified
•Urban Current Member

Offline Andrew E Le

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 12:12:54 AM »
hey hey! it looks like more practitioners are moving here, cause im new to oahu as well, id love to find some people to train with but i have feeling its a bit of a commute. im up in hauula.

either way you guys will see me soon enough

watch out ozzi, im looking for you specifically!  ;D

Offline Ozzi

• Sexability Head Coach
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • HIpk
    • View Profile
    • Hawaii Parkour
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »
Hit me up on facebook bro
http://www.facebook.com/ozzi.quintero
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
 Ghandi

Offline Michael Himes

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Urban Surfers FB
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 11:40:09 AM »
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=646750872

Yeah facebook is a great place to get a hold of a lot of us it seems.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" ~ Audrey Hepburn
Urban Surfers FB
Urban Surfers YT