Author Topic: Parkour Gym Classes/Sessions.  (Read 11431 times)

Offline North

• Guenons
    • View Profile
Parkour Gym Classes/Sessions.
« on: December 06, 2010, 11:47:55 PM »
Hi my name is Austin and I'm a Boise native. I've been watching parkour and free runnning take off since 2004 so I know some what about it. I just finally recently got into it with my best friend about 5 months ago. I recently just got back from Air force BMT so you will have to excuse about 2 months for that. I can't wait to get back in the gym and get my groove on!
Hey I've been trolling for some time trying to get my account going. Tried for 4 times. But I've got a gym that allows nothing but parkour to happen for a straight hour until open gym happens. If you are all interested I will talk to the manage who we've became good buddies with and see if I can get a dedicated day for Parkour'ing and what not. You will have to bring cash money.

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
Re: Parkour Gym Classes/Sessions.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 07:29:39 AM »
see if I can get a dedicated day for Parkour'ing and what not.
:o You didn't just.... :-X
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline John George 'JG'

• Mangabey
    • View Profile
    • Bloomsburg Parkour (Columbia County)
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
Haha JK! Welcome to the community! Just an FYI, parkour is a noun, so the proper phrase would be "do parkour" or "practice parkour".
Parkour Endure founder - parkourendure.com
Lehigh Valley Parkour (member)
Level 1 ADAPT qualified instructor

Offline North

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 07:44:25 AM »
Lol. Damn I can't even escape the grammar nazis anywhere!

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
  • If you fall, you fall because you are afraid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 07:55:50 AM »
Don't forget proper sentence structure and use of words. haha!

But welcome to the forums! Where abouts in Boise are you located?  Myself and a few friends out in Meridian get together and train every week or so.  We try to make it downtown every once and a while for a good jam.  Winter is kind of slowing our progression but we plan to really pick things back up once it's bearable outside.
- Crisco

No Boundaries Parkour - https://www.facebook.com/NoBoParkour

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
Welcome to APK!

I live in Boise, about five minutes away from the university. I don't get to go out to train anywhere much because I watch my nephew everyday, except for training in my backyard. And with winter here I stay inside to condition. But welcome! :)
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline North

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 10:08:31 AM »
Lol.
Thank you!
Born and raised in the Northend. I've been going to a specific gym in Eagle. I just got back from Boot Camp from the Air Force for the past 2 months and not being able to act like an idiot around objects was damn tough on me! I can't stand not being able to do some "parkour" (noun) so I've been doing handstands in my house and catwalking everywhere lol.
Tonight I can finally go woohoo! So I am taking my camera because we have some serious skill at my training hours. Hopefully he will be there. The great part about this guy is that he has only been doing parkour for about 9 months! The dude is a born natural.
Hopefully when the sun is out and I'm feeling more comfortable in my element I can join you guys in a DT session.

Like I said I am going to ask the manager and see what we can work out so anyone who doesn't have a place to train can come with us! We have an absolute blast so I'm sure you will too. Hopefully something like Thursday or Friday you can join us!

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 11:17:14 AM »
I've only being living here a year. I moved from Reno, NV. :)

Hopefully I'll be able to join any of you in sessions. It'd be nice to train with someone every now and then. :)

Yes, get some video of him. It'd be great to see others progressing and what not. :)
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline jakethe208boarder

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Yeah, and where in my job description is 'normal'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 01:48:40 PM »
Winter is kind of slowing our progression but we plan to really pick things back up once it's bearable outside.

though i may not be able to make every jam with my schedule and stuff, you should really let me know when you guys plan on going, just in case my schedule permits. next fall we'll be able to really pick things up.  ;D
If you're afraid to fall, you fall because you're afraid.
Everything is choice.

Offline DakenDomeny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 06:58:45 PM »
A parkour gym would be amazing, im new to american parkour. But i have been training in parkour for over 6 years. i have been training in it since i was 14. I am starting parkour classes and trying to find a great gym to train in, or i am going to create a parkour gym. A gym just dedicated to parkour, but i would need to see how many people would be down to joining a parkour gym.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:30 PM »
I think a gym in Idaho specifically dedicated to Parkour would be great! Now I'm not saying the gymnastics gyms some of us go to aren't good, it would just be cool to have a place that focuses on the art of movement.  A good central place where all Idaho traceurs can gather to train and build a community.

Now that you know how I feel about the idea, what about the technicalities?  What kind of thing are you looking at realistically?  But if at the moment it is just an idea to put out there, I am cool with that.

Hoping you get more feedback from the rest of the community!
- Crisco

Offline DakenDomeny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
Its more then just an idea, i have been wanting to do this for a while. I just need to find a place to hold the gym at, i do have the work out planned all out and everything figured. I would need a few teachers and everything. I do need to hear from the community. Spread the word. email nickdomeny@yahoo.com if you must reach me fast.

Offline North

• Guenons
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 03:31:25 PM »
That is B.A. Sadly right now in my position I have to take a month off might be up to 4 because I will be leaving. YAY and NAY at the same time.

Offline DakenDomeny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »
Okay, i have got a deal going on were i get to build a small parkour gym. If you want to know more say so and just tell me what you want in this gym. Also! i have been thinking about designing parkour clothes. But something that actually makes us stand out. Im going to try and make a new line of clothes and a new look for it all, if you like this idea tell me and give me feed back ^_^ thank you

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2011, 05:30:58 PM »
Sorry for the late response but I would love to hear more info about this deal you have going on!
- Crisco

Offline DakenDomeny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 12:33:09 PM »
OKay, look up Danik gymnastics, its in eagle and i actually teach classes there. Parkour class. well i will starting March, Head over there on Tuesdays around 8. Its 5 dollars to get in

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »
I was wondering if your name related to Danik somehow.  Me and a few friends went to Danik for an open gym a few months ago.  How much will the class cost? And what all would it include?
- Crisco

Offline DakenDomeny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 11:41:38 AM »
No, Daken isnt my real name, Its nick. and the classes are going to be around 60 a month and come to open gym on tuesday

Offline DakenDomeny

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 02:53:36 PM »
Parkour tonight! I will be there! you should come!

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2011, 07:22:01 AM »
Hey Nick, will there be an open gym night on Tuesday March 29th?  That's the week of my spring break and there is a good chance I would be able to make the open gym.  Also are you planning on coming to the downtown jam on the 26th?
- Crisco