Author Topic: Fort Collins?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline jaycee

• Guenons
  • \m/ (>_<) \m/
    • View Profile
Fort Collins?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
Hey all,

I just recently (well, a few months ago) moved to Fort Collins. I've been recovering from a knee injury for awhile, but it finally seems to be on the mend, so once I'm recovered I want to get back into the swing of things.

Back in California, I was part of a group that met every couple weekends to train in various places, I was wondering if there were any such things around here. Or just random people who want to train, that works too. ;D

Thanks!

John
who controls the past now controls the future
who controls the present now controls the past
who controls the past now controls the future
who controls the present now?

Offline Christian Greene

• Awesomely Epic
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • APEX Movement Team
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Fort Collins?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 12:10:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure there's a parkour group at CSU, if you have Facebook add Logan Lay, I know he trains pretty regularly up there

Offline ptessier

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »
There are a few small groups that go out occasionally on the weekends (more often as the weather gets nice).  While it hasn't been updated in a while, (I don't think there have been many runs recently any way), this is the most recent thread for when some of us go running -> http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,23957.0.html

Once the summer gets going, there's usually at least one meet-up every weekend around the CSU/Old Town areas, with an occasional field trip out of town :P  We'll try to keep a thread active and up to date as it gets warmer.

also, if you're looking to get a little extra training indoors, the opening post of that thread is still accurate - CSU gym club is held at Mountain Kids Gymnastics every tues/thurs 8:30-10:00. It's a $5 drop-in or $30/1-day/week/semester or $60/2-day/week/semester.  It's an open gym session, so you can use most of the facilities and equipment to train.  There are usually several traceurs that attend each night so they can help with learning, finding good spots around town, or just building contacts :)

Logan also teaches Parkour classes Mondays and Wednesdays (same location), 8:30-10:00.  Those are something to the effect of $15/drop-in or $72 for 6 classes (you don't have to go all 6 in a row though).

Hope this helps!
-Paul
Life for you has been less than kind; So take a number and stand in line. We've all been sorry and we've all been hurt; But how we survive is what makes us who we are. -Rise Against, Survive

Offline ptessier

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:45:14 PM »
So I actually just made a new thread for 2011 running to keep it up-to-date.
->  http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php/topic,34197.0.html

feel free to post or join any time  :)
Life for you has been less than kind; So take a number and stand in line. We've all been sorry and we've all been hurt; But how we survive is what makes us who we are. -Rise Against, Survive