Author Topic: Idaho Introduction Thread - Say Hi Here First  (Read 15044 times)

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
Idaho Introduction Thread - Say Hi Here First
« on: February 07, 2011, 08:22:59 PM »
Welcome to the Idaho forums on APK! Say hi in here and let us know a little about yourself - where you're from, how long training or just getting started, and when you generally train so other people can join up with you!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:38:45 AM by Ashley McC »
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
Re: Idaho Introduction Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
I guess I'll start.

I'm Ashley. 20. I've been training for around a year and a half, on and off. I generally train at night since I'm busy during the day. But I plan on training with some of the others in the area. :)
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline jhurst89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »
I'm Jason, and while I'm not in Idaho yet, I've lived most of my life there. I'll be back up there in July or August and hopefully by that time I'll have had about 5 months training parkour. Oh, and I'm gong to be in Moscow.

Offline Milk_The_Funk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Whatever happens, happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:03:59 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm Aaron and I'm interested in getting started in Parkour. Looking for people to train with/learn from. I'm available after 5:30pm on weekdays or Sunday afternoons for training. Any recommended resources or tutorials would be helpful too.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
Hello and welcome Aaron!

Well if you're a beginner, here are some places you can check out.

FAQ

Welcome Thread (you can introduce yourself to the entire APK community).

If you can't find what you're looking for you can always use the search bar in the upper right hand of your page.

If you need a specific question answered about a movement you can always ask in the Movement thread:)

And on the main APK webpage there is a tutorial section. :)

Also you can check out American Parkour on YouTube, they have some tutorials up.

The General Fitness thread is always great to check out as well. :)

I'm Ashley, a Ambassador so if you need any help I'm here. Also you can PM (personal message) any one of the mods, admins, or other ambassadors. You can find that info here.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask or send me a personal message. :)

Offline flipandontforget

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
Hey dude look up some 3run tutorials on youtube too like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh6MlDoqQRs they're all great tuts

Offline BIGMark

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
Re: Idaho Introduction Thread - Say Hi Here First
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:39:16 PM »
Hi my name is Mark. i from a new group called total freedom. ive been training for about a year now. I train in kuna now since i moved but i usally come to meridian or boise to train with total freedom

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 11:10:43 AM »
Hi my name is Mark. i from a new group called total freedom. ive been training for about a year now. I train in kuna now since i moved but i usally come to meridian or boise to train with total freedom

Welcome! :)

There is a group here called No Boundaries. Chris Lloyd (CriscoL here on the forums) is a part of it. I know they try to train regularly around Meridian and Boise. Send him a message and I'm sure he'd like to meet up with you. :)

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
  • If you fall, you fall because you are afraid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:20:18 AM »
Welcome to the forums Mark!

I know Ashley already introduced me but I thought I would let you know I'm active on here.  I am one of the founding members of No Boundaries here in Meridian/Boise.  We try to train in both areas so that we can get people from the West and East side of the valley. 

Message me if you are interested in meeting up with us!  Summer is right around the corner and the group of us will be training a lot.
- Crisco

No Boundaries Parkour - https://www.facebook.com/NoBoParkour

Offline BIGMark

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
Hey show me how to message you and i will  ;)

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
http://www.americanparkour.com/smf/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=55143

Click that and it'll take you to the Personal Message system so you can send him a PM.

Offline Kasada

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 01:34:29 AM »
I thought I'd already posted in here, but then saw it was created after I joined the boards.  Hi, I'm Tim, and I'll be starting my last year at the C of I in Caldwell.  I haven't done any parkour in the past really, but I've been trying to get started for about 3 years now - there's just nobody around to practice with, and I don't know where to begin.

Offline Jacob South

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
Hey guys! I'm Jake and I was born here but grew up in Portland, OR and I used to do parkour when i was a sophmore. I just recently started up again. Right now i'm in the meridian area.

Offline Cooper Vinson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • If you don't expect to win, don't run
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
 What's up everybody? My name's Cooper and I just moved to the Idaho falls area from out of state. I've been busy training and being self-taught for about two months now and I'm looking forward to meeting, training with, and learning from all sorts of new people. Doing online school so training schedule is pretty flexible year round.
Fluttershy is best pony. That is all.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
Welcome to the forums Cooper! As you can probably see, the forums are not too active.  Most of us traceurs in Idaho communicate via Facebook or other quicker methods.  My group and I are located in Boise, so sadly not sure of people in the Idaho Falls area :( If no one from your area contacts you on here, best way to get a group together is just start training around town and see if anyone joins you.  Good luck!
- Crisco

Offline Cooper Vinson

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • If you don't expect to win, don't run
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 03:04:24 PM »
Thanks Chris, I saw the BYU group and tried to join there Fb page today, still nothing though.
Fluttershy is best pony. That is all.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 03:10:14 PM »
Hmm hopefully they check that soon.  You should join our group for the Boise/Meridian area, just in case you make it this way and want to train :) We also tend to post cool videos and pictures from time to time.  Here are the two pages:
https://www.facebook.com/NoBoParkour
and
https://www.facebook.com/groups/158880671100/
- Crisco

Offline TJ Maxx

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Parkour is a way of life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 08:29:34 AM »
Hi my name is TJ and i live in Caldwell and ive been practicing parkour for about 2 years now. I recently stopped training do to focus on school but now im starting to practice it again. Sadly Caldwell is boring and there is not much to do here. i would like to get a experienced trainer or a group to help me along the way. I know my basics.
tmaxx8

Offline Jillene VanNostrand

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 05:26:17 AM »
Hi. I'm Jillene. I live in Boise. I am here because I have a 7 year old son who is very interested in Parkour. We've been watching that American Ninja Warrior show and they are all his heroes. He's been doing weird jumps off of the back of the couch and from his bunkbed and I figured I'd try to find out if there are some sort of classes or training for kids so that he can at least learn how to do this stuff safely and without destroying the furniture.  ;)

Offline Levi Transtrum

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »
Hey, I'm Levi. I'm 15 and I've been training in parkour for about 4 months. I'd love to meet up with some people, and run some new spots. I'm in Caldwell and there's not too much here. The best place I've found is C of I.