Author Topic: WTF Kentucky Traceurs  (Read 8655 times)

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
WTF Kentucky Traceurs
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:13:04 PM »
We really need to get a jam or something to spread the word. I hate that there are so few of us here in this bloody state. I say on International Parkour Day we all meet up somewhere in Louisville or whatever and have a weekend of awesome-ness!

LETS DO THIS...LERROOOY JEEENKKINS!!!
Zechariah 14:12
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(Zombies)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
Re: WTF Kentucky Traceurs
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:30 PM »
I'm up for it. Louisvilles got a big group. Even if it was just you and me up there I wouldn't care. I want to train with a fellow traceur. All I've got are people who just watch and film.
Determination is the wake up call to the human will. Remember that.

Do you think Lance Armstrong gave up? No.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
Hell yeah man. I'm gonna get in contact with the guys up there and tell my crew about this. If you can get anyone from eastern Kentucky in your area that'd be awesome
And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.

(Zombies)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:14:33 PM »
HA! There is nobody I know of in eastern ky. Well, maybe one. Lol. This is going to be awesome if it actually goes down.

My Youtube(:

You're fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway--Christian B

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
Absolutly. The best part about Louisville is that it has the gym, plus urban areas, so it's not like we're stuck in one or the other

(Zombies)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 06:22:03 PM »
Absolutly. The best part about Louisville is that it has the gym, plus urban areas, so it's not like we're stuck in one or the other
For real. I've seen the spots. Especially...Waterfront Park (iThink?) :P

My Youtube(:

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:14 PM »
Haha. I know there's a park on the water there, most likely the one you're talking about. Plus there's a library there that is killer

(Zombies)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »
Sweet. Do you know the name of the library?

My Youtube(:

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
No clue. Haha

(Zombies)

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 05:45:47 PM »
Lol, I was gonna Google Earth it.  :P

My Youtube(:

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 06:26:58 PM »
I'll be in for this more than likely. Depends if my mom or dad can give me a ride xP
But I live close by, so :3
I was wanting to see if KY could get another jam going :D Let's do this, aye ? :D

Edit:
How about one of us contact Mark Lewis? I believe he's the one that got the other jam set up not too long ago. His number is on the "Parkour friendly gyms in KY" thread (and chances are, others xP)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:29:37 PM by Dustin Combs »

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 08:02:02 PM »
I'll be in for this more than likely. Depends if my mom or dad can give me a ride xP
But I live close by, so :3
I was wanting to see if KY could get another jam going :D Let's do this, aye ? :D

Edit:
How about one of us contact Mark Lewis? I believe he's the one that got the other jam set up not too long ago. His number is on the "Parkour friendly gyms in KY" thread (and chances are, others xP)
Mark hasn't been active in a while. I probably can come if its within an hour and a half drive.

My Youtube(:

Offline Stevie Leifheit

• smexy dood
  • Administrator
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • A1....like the sauce.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 06:52:34 AM »
How about one of us contact Mark Lewis?

I know a Mark Lewis that lives in Kentucky, doubt its the same one though. I think he lives in bowling Green.

LETS DO THIS...LERROOOY JEEENKKINS!!!

And +1 for this bro :)

Sorry...I know I'm not part of your community, I just had to say those things. And Josh is like my little brother, right Josh? xD
Weight training alongside parkour always benefits, it never takes away.

Quote from: Joe Brock
It's like you are some kind of APK Angel...not the girly kind...but the big "Sodom destroying" ones!!!

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 12:11:02 PM »
Mark hasn't been active in a while. I probably can come if its within an hour and a half drive.
He wasn't very active whenever he even got the jam going :O I think it'd still be worth a shot? >.<
Hope you can go if we do get one ^-^
I know a Mark Lewis that lives in Kentucky, doubt its the same one though. I think he lives in bowling Green.

Sorry...I know I'm not part of your community, I just had to say those things. And Josh is like my little brother, right Josh? xD

Ya never know, could be him :O >.< I couldn't tell you, to be honest >_< If you talk to him anytime soon, maybe you could ask about this for us? :O >_<

Haha, no need to be sorry :P

Offline Josh Boggs

• Carpe Diem
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • To be and to last.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »

I think mark lives in the Louisville area. And, right :P

He wasn't very active whenever he even got the jam going :O I think it'd still be worth a shot? >.<
Hope you can go if we do get one ^-^Ya never know, could be him :O >.< I couldn't tell you, to be honest >_< If you talk to him anytime soon, maybe you could ask about this for us? :O >_<

Haha, no need to be sorry :P
I know most likely you all want it to be in Louisville because its probably the best place here in Kentucky. But theres no way I can, thats like a 3 hour drive, haha. If I had my license, I would totally be there.

My Youtube(:

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 07:24:38 PM »
I think mark lives in the Louisville area. And, right :P
 I know most likely you all want it to be in Louisville because its probably the best place here in Kentucky. But theres no way I can, thats like a 3 hour drive, haha. If I had my license, I would totally be there.
Hmmm... Maybe we can have one sort of spread out ? Like, throughout the weekend different spots?
Hell, idk, to be honest >_<
How about over the summer we try to get a jam (weight it be two weekends, or one whole week) where we hit all major spots?
There may not be as many people the further into Kentucky we go, but it's still better than nothing ? :/
And I know how you feel; if we do get this jam set up it's gonna be hard to try and attend >_< But if we get it set up, I'm pree' determined to go :O I missed last one and regretted that one :/

Offline Andrew Lutz

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »
I'm in Jeffersonville, I normally train on Wednesdays.

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »
I'm in Jeffersonville, I normally train on Wednesdays.
My mom just left Jeff :/
Where do you train at though? :O
Would you be able to attend a jam in KY if somebody somehow got one started? xP

Offline Kauri

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:21 AM »
I've actually had the pleasure of training with Mark up in Louisville at the gym they have there. It's a beautiful city for some killer Parkour to be honest with you guys.

I'm totally shooting for one this summer somewhere, maybe even in Nashville or something, it's killer there also. And if we did there we could get the TN and KY groups together. I'm talking to the guys here in Bowling Green about places, times, locations, ect. Any input from anyone would be awesome

On a different note, my Vibrams arrived today!  ;D

(Zombies)

Offline Dustin Combs

• Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
I've actually had the pleasure of training with Mark up in Louisville at the gym they have there. It's a beautiful city for some killer Parkour to be honest with you guys.

I'm totally shooting for one this summer somewhere, maybe even in Nashville or something, it's killer there also. And if we did there we could get the TN and KY groups together. I'm talking to the guys here in Bowling Green about places, times, locations, ect. Any input from anyone would be awesome

On a different note, my Vibrams arrived today!  ;D
I met a few of the LPK people, before they went to some other location, was very nice :)
Never been to the gym yet though D:

Do you think LPK would be able to make ti that far out? D:
I wouldn't be able to make it to Nashville :/ But i hope everything works out for that jam if you do so ^-^

:O Sweet ! xP Nice :) Haha