Author Topic: IDPK  (Read 9496 times)

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
  • Strength sumblime, alive in my very skin
    • View Profile
IDPK
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
So I was thinking we should have a logo for IDPK. I have a few ideas just wondering if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
  • If you fall, you fall because you are afraid
    • View Profile
Re: IDPK
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »
I for one think this is a good idea! It would be good to have an overall logo that we can all adopt.  Since some of us have separate groups (for examples me with Team No Boundaries) it would also be good to have a logo we all can claim as a community.  More people need to weigh in on these topics!
- Crisco

No Boundaries Parkour - https://www.facebook.com/NoBoParkour

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 12:05:21 PM »
Mhm. I agree.
“Run your fingers through my soul. For once, just once, feel exactly what I feel, believe what I believe, perceive as I perceive, look, experience, examine, and for once; just once, understand."

Offline seth rede

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
i like the idea as well. ive been decommisioned for a couple months due to injury but ill be back at it soon and would like to be able to promote our community in a positive way through t-shirts and what not. lets see some of those ideas!

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:16:24 PM »
Once I get back from Seattle I'll be putting designs up. :)

Offline jhurst89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
I'm all for this. Parkour is relatively new and many people don't know about it yet. I think it could really take off if people knew it was really out there and not special effects in the movies.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 10:56:21 PM »
Alright. I have a few designs, I'll post what I got in a few colors. Feedback is appreciated. :) I can make other designs. It's all up to everyone else. :) This post will be big, just so you all know.

Offline jhurst89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
Well, I like them all especially the last one, the only problem with the first few is that they look more like gymnastics than Parkour. I don't know how to change that though. What you've come up with is amazing though.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 05:05:15 PM »
Now that you mention it, it does look more on the gymnastics side. Those first few that is.

Those other ones is a guy doing strides. But I can come up with a few more with different silhouettes. :)

Thanks. :)

Offline Milk_The_Funk

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • Whatever happens, happens.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:56:48 AM »
I like the white on red & black as well. Maybe a silhouette of a guy hanging from the top of ID after a cat leap? Or perhaps sequence of some sort? Just thoughts, but the last logo of Ashley's post is my favorite.

Aaron

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 01:11:51 PM »
I like the white on red & black as well. Maybe a silhouette of a guy hanging from the top of ID after a cat leap? Or perhaps sequence of some sort? Just thoughts, but the last logo of Ashley's post is my favorite.

Great minds think alike. I was thinking possible a sequence. But not sure of what.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
Woah I like the designs as well! and I also agree that they look more like a gymnastics thing, maybe some silhouettes of more popular Parkour movements?  Keep em coming!
- Crisco

Offline jhurst89

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2011, 02:43:04 PM »
I'm watching Ninja Warrior right now, and most of the people are using parkour movements. Made me think, maybe a sequence running up a wall, and moving into a cat-leap onto the other wall? For example, run up the left side of idaho, and jump onto the right side.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 07:36:56 PM »
I'm watching Ninja Warrior right now, and most of the people are using parkour movements. Made me think, maybe a sequence running up a wall, and moving into a cat-leap onto the other wall? For example, run up the left side of idaho, and jump onto the right side.

I could do that. I got some of those photoshop skills. :P

Offline Jake

• Oryctolagus Cuniculus
  • No Boundaries PK - Boise, ID
    • View Profile
    • My Parkour Groups Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »
the bottom logo of the post is my fave. it would be cool to have a shirt to rep with... it's only a few bucks to have a shirt screen-printed, right?
You aren't the calm in the storm, you are the storm - and you're in complete control.

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
the bottom logo of the post is my fave. it would be cool to have a shirt to rep with... it's only a few bucks to have a shirt screen-printed, right?

Depends on the printer. How many colors we use, the color of the shirt, etc.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2011, 07:22:33 AM »
Any updates on designs?
- Crisco

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
Any updates on designs?

Sorry I haven't updated. Been busy. I have a few more designs that I'll put up.

Is there anything specific that anyone wants? Do we want the state silhouette or not? I'd love to have more ideas generated so it's not just one thing.

Offline CriscoLloyd

• Patas
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »
I personally like the silhouette of Idaho.  Because what better way to show where we are from than the actual state?  You could also do something with the initials of IDPK.  Or better yet, a potato! (Nah that was more of a joke haha)
- Crisco

Offline Ashley McCauley

• Is My Favorite
  • Hirundo Rustica
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »
Here's just some others. I'm messing around with the design a bit. Sorry for the big files. :/

----

----

I personally like the silhouette of Idaho.  Because what better way to show where we are from than the actual state?  You could also do something with the initials of IDPK.  Or better yet, a potato! (Nah that was more of a joke haha)